The rest of the season | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The rest of the season

Reaction Score
The Army method. I’m not a fan of this idea at all. Bad opponents at home (even if we win) doesn’t drive attendance or interest.

IMO, I would get rid of the FCS game entirely (if feasible due to scheduling difficulties) and the pay day games.

The AD needs to start scheduling further in advance than currently and try to get 6 home and home series a year with ACC, B1G, and occasionally SEC teams.

I would fill out the schedule with two of Temple, Buffalo, USF, or ECU; Army and UMass every year; and two MW teams.

I have no interest in playing anyone in C-USA, the MAC, or Sun Belt outside of Buffalo or App St.

Possible schedule (2030):
Duke (H)
Maryland (A)
UNC (A)
Syracuse (H)
Indiana (A)
Fresno State (H)
Wyoming (A)
Buffalo (H)
Temple (H)
UMass (A)
Boston College (H)
Army (A)

I’m a big fan of not being the biggest joke in college football.

The pay games like Michigan aren’t going anywhere. Might as well load up on as many winnable games as possible.

Reaction Score
shouldn't you be watching soccer or something because you would be wrong after last two season's or were you under a rock then
Been a season ticket holder since 1998. I know good, bad, intensity, lack of intensity, incompetency and excellence. I’ve seen it all. If you’re satisfied with 24 yards of passing offense, you deserve to be seeing what you’re seeing. You guys are so used to excuses year after year after year, a crap sandwich looks tasty. The two games were pathetic. End of story.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
shouldn't you be watching soccer or something because you would be wrong after last two season's or were you under a rock then
why soccer?

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Been a season ticket holder since 1998. I know good, bad, intensity, lack of intensity, incompetency and excellence. I’ve seen it all. If you’re satisfied with 24 yards of passing offense, you deserve to be seeing what you’re seeing. You guys are so used to excuses year after year after year, a crap sandwich looks tasty. The two games were pathetic. End of story.
If they were playing anyone on the schedule but Michigan I would agree
Their 3rd in line players would start for most teams

Reaction Score
But only 1 FCS win per year counts toward "bowl eligibility" - additional FCS wins will pad the overall record, but do not improve bowl standings

That’s the rumor.. But they are letting 6 and 5 win teams into bowls so it’s obvious that nobody cares about that rule anymore.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
This is the way I see it:
  • NC State - They are a very good team with a lot of great athletes. BIG LOSS for UCONN
  • Fresno State - They are solid but not exceptional. Playing in the "cold" at the Rent. LOSS for UCONN
  • FIU - Assuming we don't lose any more key players and/or we get a few back from injury, we play well. WIN for UCONN
  • Ball State - We capitalize on the FIU momentum and smash David Letterman's alma mater. WIN for UCONN
  • BC - It pains me to write this, but BC is a few steps further along the road to relevance than we are. LOSS for UCONN
  • UMASS - Revenge is a dish best served cold, and I suspect it will be when they visit the Rent in November. WIN for UCONN
  • ARMY - We have a stout run D and Army can't throw. If we can get some O generated, we have a shot. WIN for UCONN
Season ends with a 5-6 record. If my birthday wish comes true this year and we also beat BC, we play ECU in the Cure Bowl.

Reaction Score
  • NC State - They are a very good team with a lot of great athletes. BIG LOSS for UCONN
  • Fresno State - They are solid but not exceptional. Playing in the "cold" at the Rent. LOSS for UCONN
  • FIU - Assuming we don't lose any more key players and/or we get a few back from injury, we play well. WIN for UCONN
  • Ball State - We capitalize on the FIU momentum and smash David Letterman's alma mater. WIN for UCONN
  • BC - It pains me to write this, but BC is a few steps further along the road to relevance than we are. LOSS for UCONN
  • UMASS - Revenge is a dish best served cold, and I suspect it will be when they visit the Rent in November. WIN for UCONN
  • ARMY - We have a stout run D and Army can't throw. If we can get some O generated, we have a shot. WIN for UCONN
Season ends with a 5-6 record. If my birthday wish comes true this year and we also beat BC, we play ECU in the Cure Bowl.
I am fairly confident that, whatever happens, we won't end up 5-6.

Reaction Score
Looked at through more critical glasses, LOSSES to Ball State and Army, TOSSUPS against UMass and FIU. 2-10 most likely, 3-9 stretch goal winning both tossups. 1-11 is still a possibility depending on injuries. Wish I had better news.

And when the season is over, how many of the better players stay will be the question.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Looked at through more critical glasses, LOSSES to Ball State and Army, TOSSUPS against UMass and FIU. 2-10 most likely, 3-9 stretch goal winning both tossups. 1-11 is still a possibility depending on injuries. Wish I had better news.

And when the season is over, how many of the better players stay will be the question.
I wish there was a reaction button for "I completely hate this post and I completely agree with it." It would certainly get a lot of use on this forum.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
Whoops! I overlooked Liberty. Thanks!

I updated my prediction to 5-7, with wins against CCSU, FIU, Ball State, UMASS, and Army.

Maybe a miracle happens and we beat Liberty or BC, making us 6-6 and playing in the Cure Bowl against ECU.

wheelerdog

#OneForTheThumb
Reaction Score
Whoops! I overlooked Liberty. Thanks!

I updated my prediction to 5-7, with wins against CCSU, FIU, Ball State, UMASS, and Army.

Maybe a miracle happens and we beat Liberty or BC, making us 6-6 and playing in the Cure Bowl against ECU.
Can I get some of what you're smoking?

Reaction Score
You should also have UConn beating NC State, Fresno, BC, and Liberty.

Reaction Score
I’ve been saying all along. 3 wins would be a big achievement god thus crew.
absolutely correct. I didn't understand the fans on here predicting 5-6 wins and a chance at a bowl game. I am not knocking those that predicted that, in fact I was wondering and hoping they knew something I didn't. I think 3 wins would be a great accomplishment for this year. Liberty lost by just 1 point on the road to #21 Wake Forest. so I think UConn will lose that game as well although I hope I am wrong.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
absolutely correct. I didn't understand the fans on here predicting 5-6 wins and a chance at a bowl game. I am not knocking those that predicted, in fact I was wondering and hoping they knew something I didn't. I think 3 wins would be a great accomplishment for this year. Liberty lost by just 1 point on the road to #21 Wake Forest. so I think UConn will lose that game as well although I hope I am wrong.
Liberty will crush them.

Reaction Score
absolutely correct. I didn't understand the fans on here predicting 5-6 wins and a chance at a bowl game. I am not knocking those that predicted that, in fact I was wondering and hoping they knew something I didn't. I think 3 wins would be a great accomplishment for this year. Liberty lost by just 1 point on the road to #21 Wake Forest. so I think UConn will lose that game as well although I hope I am wrong.

Liberty is really good. They are going to smoke us.

Reaction Score
I wish there was a reaction button for "I completely hate this post and I completely agree with it." It would certainly get a lot of use on this forum.
Even the guy who posted it hates it. And he forgot about Liberty. Not time to give up yet though. Actually it is never time to give up.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
So, you are thinking that will win the BCU game as well and be bowl eligible?

Reaction Score

Yeah and we can forget about making the playoffs too.

Reaction Score
If they were playing anyone on the schedule but Michigan I would agree
Their 3rd in line players would start for most teams
Look, in fairness it’s a murderous schedule. Anybody pissing and moaning about Ws is off their rocker. However, there are those among us that have issues with the poor play calling and lack of basic playmaking that perpetuates. There are some minor improvements. The Oline pass protect is coming along and the DBs are covering better. The QB situation is tough, but if anything is obvious, Zion can throw a decent long ball and has OK mobility, but that’s roughly about it. He doesn’t throw short with accuracy, yet dumb Nick keeps going to well. I don’t understand the point. I just don’t understand the mentality. Let him try and make plays. Who cares if threw 5 Ints against Michigan. I feel like Charlton had stolen Edsall’s playbook.

Reaction Score
Look, in fairness it’s a murderous schedule. Anybody pissing and moaning about Ws is off their rocker. However, there are those among us that have issues with the poor play calling and lack of basic playmaking that perpetuates. There are some minor improvements. The Oline pass protect is coming along and the DBs are covering better. The QB situation is tough, but if anything is obvious, Zion can throw a decent long ball and has OK mobility, but that’s roughly about it. He doesn’t throw short with accuracy, yet dumb Nick keeps going to well. I don’t understand the point. I just don’t understand the mentality. Let him try and make plays. Who cares if threw 5 Ints against Michigan. I feel like Charlton had stolen Edsall’s playbook.

We aren't a good football team this year. That should have been more clear to the Boneyard than it was. In terms of whether or not the new staff is on the road to turning it around, ask me when we see how we line up against UMass, FIU and Ball U. Because then we'll have some evidence with which to draw a conclusion, instead of wasting time arguing about whether or not we're on the right path by reading between the lines from games we have no shot of winning. Arguing about playcalling in a game we could not have won if the play was to threaten the Michigan players with chemical weapons I don't get.

Three wins from this schedule is not a massive accomplishment, but it would be progress. Let it play out.

Reaction Score
I made this point a week ago. Just open it up. What is the worst that could happen? The next game should be a learning opportunity. Who cares if he gets picked off? Sooner or later the timing will come. Same thing for the corners. Let them bang with the receivers at the LoS. They gotta learn that sometime.

Reaction Score
It was really hard to watch the offense at Michigan.

But for the next two games they really just need to run the offense that they want to run and mistakes be damned.

They have to start running it at some point and waiting until duckU won’t work.

I’m all for trying to win games but they have to learn sometime and we won’t win running the low risk package. No short cuts.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom