The Question which won’t go away | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Question which won’t go away

Reaction Score
I don't believe Crocker is the problem, the overall plan to bring in someone who seemed married to the 3-3-5, only to scrap that plan so quickly seems flawed. I'm fine with it from the sense that I think its easier to recruit for the for the 4-3, for a program like ours, but it reeks of making it up as you go along when all we heard last year was we only had enough players for a 3 man front.

This is tough in the sense that they ask you to come out and support the team but are told if you don't like the results tough sh!@.

Reaction Score
I don't believe Crocker is the problem, the overall plan to bring in someone who seemed married to the 3-3-5, only to scrap that plan so quickly seems flawed. I'm fine with it from the sense that I think its easier to recruit for the for the 4-3, for a program like ours, but it reeks of making it up as you go along when all we heard last year was we only had enough players for a 3 man front.

This is tough in the sense that they ask you to come out and support the team but are told if you don't like the results tough sh!@.
It probably is easier for us to recruit to the 3-3-5 after there is already a roster of capable players. Switching to the 4-2/4-3 right now to me just means the staff (or just Randy) thinks that our best players right now don't fit the scheme. It'll be interesting to see if crocker comes back and if he does, what defense we run next year.

Reaction Score
It probably is easier for us to recruit to the 3-3-5 after there is already a roster of capable players. Switching to the 4-2/4-3 right now to me just means the staff (or just Randy) thinks that our best players right now don't fit the scheme. It'll be interesting to see if crocker comes back and if he does, what defense we run next year.
I think it's easier to find 245 to 255lb athletes that can rush the passer, than 285lb yo 300lb ends that can occupy blockers and provide qb pressure as well. Those hybrid DE/DT go to Alabama, Stanford and Wisconsin. Just my opinion.

Reaction Score
I think it's easier to find 245 to 255lb athletes that can rush the passer, than 285lb yo 300lb ends that can occupy blockers and provide qb pressure as well. Those hybrid DE/DT go to Alabama, Stanford and Wisconsin. Just my opinion.
Eh with a proper weight training and nutrition program you can take a kid that's 250 and get him up to 300. It just takes more than an off season. Randy has moved plenty of tight ends to tackle. It's basically the same thing

Reaction Score
Eh with a proper weight training and nutrition program you can take a kid that's 250 and get him up to 300. It just takes more than an off season. Randy has moved plenty of tight ends to tackle. It's basically the same thing
I disagree. DL in general are the hardest to project and recruit. I think it's far easier to find a kid like Beavers who played safety in HS and put enough good weight on him that that he could be a 250lb effective end. 300lb guys who can generate a pass rush are a challenge to find even in the NFL.

Reaction Score
I disagree. DL in general are the hardest to project and recruit. I think it's far easier to find a kid like Beavers who played safety in HS and put enough good weight on him that that he could be a 250lb effective end. 300lb guys who can generate a pass rush are a challenge to find even in the NFL.
We'll see I guess. I honestly don't have a preference either way. Just don't give up a metric ton of points.

Reaction Score
Yet UConn has had their share of big defensive lineman who have made their way to the NFL, Fatukasi, Stephen, Reyes, and plenty of good college players like Jesse Joseph, Tyvon Martin, BJ McBride (who went to Philly's camp) and currently Travis Jones.

Reaction Score
Yet UConn has had their share of big defensive lineman who have made their way to the NFL, Fatukasi, Stephen, Reyes, and plenty of good college players like Jesse Joseph, Tyvon Martin, BJ McBride (who went to Philly's camp) and currently Travis Jones.
All tackles for us. Fatukasi did play some end, but was far more effective inside for us, particularly he manhandled UCFs center last year. Reyes was great for us as a DT but his transition to end in the NFL had mixed results at best.

C

Chief00

But on the good plays is our technique good or is it luck?
Because if the technique was good then who did they learn it from?

I think you missed the boat. There are not a lot of good defensive plays when you are giving up 664 yards per game. LOL

Reaction Score
. What a monster you have become. You are way overstepping on the football board.
Mike Francesa wannabe? Mike Francesa syndrome? Or is he or she really Big Mike the narcissistic egotistical blow hard? ;)

Last edited:
C

Chief00

Diaco has won a national award as LB coach at ND, was he a good head coach? Was he a good defensive coordinator at Nebraska?

Reaction Score
And you continue to miss the boat
They’re young

He’s also missing that out of 78 plays for cuse 11 went for 404 yards meaning on 67 plays cuse only put up 232 yards (3.4 ypp). So there were more good plays than chief wants to admit to.

C

Chief00

He’s also missing that out of 78 plays for cuse 11 went for 404 yards meaning on 67 plays cuse only put up 232 yards (3.4 ypp). So there were more good plays than chief wants to admit to.
Yeah, that was a terrible offensive performance. Lets take the 11 big plays out and at 3.4 yards a play you get a first down every 3 plays. I would like to see an analysis of other football games if you took 11 big plays out. Every DC would love to have that gift. This is surreal.

Reaction Score

Am I the only one who has been extremely underwhelmed by Travis Jones' play? I know the kid will be good one day for us, but as of right now, he is by far the slowest lineman off the ball, and seems to me like is not in his assignment. I'm not sure how he has been getting time over a guy like Murphy, who has been a good player for us and even challenged Fatukasi for playing time last year.

C

Chief00

Am I the only one who has been extremely underwhelmed by Travis Jones' play? I know the kid will be good one day for us, but as of right now, he is by far the slowest lineman off the ball, and seems to me like is not in his assignment. I'm not sure how he has been getting time over a guy like Murphy, who has been a good player for us and even challenged Fatukasi for playing time last year.
I thought Travis Jones played well today. There were a few plays were he just stuffed the run. Another where he threw his blocker back on the QB. He is starting to improve his explosion off the line of scrimmage. Typically, he’s the guy who gets doubled teamed and that tells you something - especially as a freshman. Travis also displayed some nastiness today - something Chief00 likes to see but not characteristic of his personality.

SonsOfNutmeg

#TheCut #HuskyRevolution
Reaction Score
Unless this team now wins out in the next 5, I can’t see them keeping both Dunn or Crocker next season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom