The Question which won’t go away | The Boneyard

The Question which won’t go away

Reaction Score
Changing the defensive coordinator now would be a massive mistake. We just started recruiting players to fit the defensive scheme. We need to give this coordinator time to see what the new recruits can do when they become juniors and seniors. Patience is key. Why change and go all the way back to square 1. Stay the Course!!!!!!

C

Chief00

Randy is such p!@##$ sometimes. Why not just say his philosophy is, it's not something he would do. The next coordinator isn't going to make these guys into 4th and 5th year seniors. The issue is that we are extremely young. By acting like a petulant child he makes it into an issue.

Personally, my gut tells me it’s more than just youth. For reasons, discussed in various previous threads, I am skeptical on Crocker. But, it’s a reasonable argument and there will be improvement - the question is how much?
My concern is not only guys being in the wrong place or being too slow or weak. It’s an absence of good coached technique. The angles of the DB and not knowing where the ball is. The DL’s don’t get low enough and don’t fire off the ball.
I could go on but there appears to be a mix audience, based on feedback, regarding the desire to take a deep dive on technique. To Chief you start every play using technique and often end a play with technique. So if your technique is bad - it definitely impacts results.

Tucker

Free Beer!..... Yesterday
Reaction Score
Personally, my gut tells me it’s more than just youth. For reasons, discussed in various previous threads, I am skeptical on Crocker. But, it’s a reasonable argument and there will be improvement - the question is how much?
My concern is not only guys being in the wrong place or being too slow or weak. It’s an absence of good coached technique. The angles of the DB and not knowing where the ball is. The DL’s don’t get low enough and don’t fire off the ball.
I could go on but there appears to be a mix audience, based on feedback, regarding the desire to take a deep dive on technique. To Chief you start every play using technique and often end a play with technique. So if your technique is bad - it definitely impacts results.

It's so much easier to agree with chief when he's right and not in third person.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score

How does this have 19.6k views in a span of a few hours? Did someone big time pick this clip up?

Reaction Score
Changing the defensive coordinator now would be a massive mistake. We just started recruiting players to fit the defensive scheme. We need to give this coordinator time to see what the new recruits can do when they become juniors and seniors. Patience is key. Why change and go all the way back to square 1. Stay the Course!!!!!!
Just imagine how HCRE feels towards Crocker on a personal level? He hired him, got him to leave a successful gig at Villanova. If Crocker leaves it will be at the end of the season.

crazyUCfan23

Long live the Civil ConFLiCT
Reaction Score

How does this have 19.6k views in a span of a few hours? Did someone big time pick this clip up?

I got a notification from espn about it...

Reaction Score
At some time, usually not at your choosing, pesky questions get asked about lack of performance within your area of responsibility, what you plan on doing about it, and you need to have answers. This response gives me visions of HCRE1.0 where he knew what needed to be done, was the judge of how to do it and questions were not appreciated.
This defense, including last year's attempt to put a round peg in a square hole, has performed poorly for most of 16 games. Pretty big sample. If the age/talent/experience of guys "solely" gets us to this, ok, legit question if poor coaching is part of it and if so what's up.
To act like defensive coaching (or any coaching for that matter) should not be part of questioning of performance is straight from the HCRE1.0 playbook.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
Edsall gets paid the big bucks to answer that question — he should have stood and delivered.

That said, I really don’t like how the question was asked. The journalist shouldn’t have approached it sideways via Wake Forest. He should have asked, straight on:

“The defense has really struggled. Do you still stand behind Betty Crocker?”

That would have put Edsall in a better position to give the answer you knew he was going to give, anyways.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Tad surprised he tee’d off on Fuller - would have thought he would have a bit more latitude. He’s not known to be a “gotcha” type media guy.
What a post by Fuller. He is definitely bothered by this situation.

And he makes a good point about McAllister and has an interesting question about Murphy. I think one issue that might be at play here is the notion that Edsall over estimated a few of these freshman. That doesn’t mean they won’t improve, but doubt he thought it would be quite like this.

Reaction Score
It’s obviously a fair question to ask.

I also don’t really have any issue with the way RE reacted to it. He’s reiterated the roster issues 1,000 times. I’d be more concerned if he publicly put Crocker on the hot seat.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
Tad surprised he tee’d off on Fuller - would have thought he would have a bit more latitude. He’s not known to be a “gotcha” type media guy.
I guess RE can respond however he feels but Fuller's explanation sounds pretty reasonable. Credit to him for holding off the question till later in the presser and taking the heat off his media colleagues...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom