The problem with court storming | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The problem with court storming

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I pulled this up on twitter yesterday and man with some of the comments. Some people really seem to hate Caitlin Clark.

And some people didn't realize fans have capacity for "hate" beyond men's players and the Bayou Barbie.

Reaction Score
Didn't even stop to check on her. Had to join the mob ASAP.
So when people give you an angry emoji, are they mad at your comment or the act you're commenting about? Asking for a friend....

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
I guess, but in every one of them it looks exactly the same way. She had the opportunity to avoid the idiot fan running on the court and chose not to. And her fall definitely seems like an afterthought.

But, hey, I agree to disagree on it.

Looking at it in slow motion is worthless. Also from the actual video you can tell she's kind of looking down and straightforward while the fan comes at her from an angle. Seems pretty clear she didn't see her until the moment of impact, and then spun around as a defense mechanism.

The notion she purposely ran into the fan is rather absurd.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Looking at it in slow motion is worthless. Also from the actual video you can tell she's kind of looking down and straightforward while the fan comes at her from an angle. Seems pretty clear she didn't see her until the moment of impact, and then spun around as a defense mechanism.

The notion she purposely ran into the fan is rather absurd.
Looking at it in real time is useful but so is looking at it in slow motion and looking at stills. To me they all tell exactly the same story. Two people were slow jogging towards each other. I'm inclined to believe the one that is arguably the best athlete in women's basketball could have avoided the slow jogging nerdy fan. The fact that she keeps moving in is straight line after passing the jogger and then only a step or so beyond her before she decides that she needs to fall is another indicator that her fall was a choice. If you don't, that's fine, I won't tell you your opinion is absurd, though, I'll just disagree with you.

Reaction Score
Two things I notice: the nitwit fan is running while looking at her phone over her head. The OSU security guy throws one of the OSU players out of the way as she comes to Clark's aid.
Hey nitwit neither one was looking were they were going ! Clark was the one that ran into the fan.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Looking at it in real time is useful but so is looking at it in slow motion and looking at stills. To me they all tell exactly the same story. Two people were slow jogging towards each other. I'm inclined to believe the one that is arguably the best athlete in women's basketball could have avoided the slow jogging nerdy fan. The fact that she keeps moving in is straight line after passing the jogger and then only a step or so beyond her before she decides that she needs to fall is another indicator that her fall was a choice. If you don't, that's fine, I won't tell you your opinion is absurd, though, I'll just disagree with you.

Occam's Razor states that when two competing hypotheses equally explain a result, you should pick the one that requires the fewer assumptions.

My explanation doesn't require any assumptions: I say two people simply ran into each other. Your theory assumes that Clark saw the fan, purposely ran into her, and then faked a reaction (and also that the fan was free of blame).

I have no idea why you say she kept moving in a straight line after the collision. That's not what happened. You can freeze it and see her body is turned immediately upon the collision.

For the record, I said your theory was absurd, not you.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

Never mind the dbags comment, look at her head. She's looking AWAY from the fan until the last second.

CL82

Reaction Score
Never mind the dbags comment, look at her head. She's looking AWAY from the fan until the last second.

she is looking right at her up and through contact.She's looking right at her up and through contact.
IMG_1489.jpeg

IMG_1490.jpeg

note who ran into whom. The fluffy fan didn't run into Clark, Clark ran into the fluffy fan. Note that Clark's arms are folded in front of her like she is making a block while the fluffy fan is running by her

• Haha
Reactions: caw
Reaction Score
Hey nitwit neither one was looking were they were going ! Clark was the one that ran into the fan.
Go back to the other board, Pom-Pom. Not interested in hysterics or drama.

CL82

Reaction Score
Note how Clark is perfectly vertical and has now moved over to the side of the fluffy fan and then shoves her.
IMG_1492.jpeg

IMG_1493.jpeg

After the shove she takes a then spins, then throws her head back, then falls down. Scroll through the video and watch it framed by frame. It's all there.

• Haha
Reactions: caw

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Well it was the fan girls "Home court" Clark was only a "visitor."
Yeah, that'd be like a Providence fan injecting himself into a Boneyard thread where the OP was a Boneyarder criticizing UConn fans for singing a Taylor Swift song; and the PC fan doesn't like the song AND doesn't like that PC sings it (too cringey); but he's even more upset about UConn stealing the PC tradition (which is "lame "), because Providence did it first; and it's even worse because UConn won't admit that they're copycats, even though they know it's true, which makes him right in addition to UConn fans being lame ...AND THEY KNOW IT BUT WON'T ADMIT IT.

Oh the humanity...

Reaction Score
Occam's Razor states that when two competing hypotheses equally explain a result, you should pick the one that requires the fewer assumptions.

My explanation doesn't require any assumptions: I say two people simply ran into each other. Your theory assumes that Clark saw the fan, purposely ran into her, and then faked a reaction (and also that the fan was free of blame).

I have no idea why you say she kept moving in a straight line after the collision. That's not what happened. You can freeze it and see her body is turned immediately upon the collision.

For the record, I said your theory was absurd, not you.
I don't know why he's doing this but he's still going.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If I had a nickel for every time I saw a guy in a wheelchair and an "I Love MILFs" shirt interrupt a basketball game, I'd have . . . a nickel.
And the guy had to endure the wheeling of shame.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
Note how Clark is perfectly vertical and has now moved over to the side of the fluffy fan and then shoves her.
View attachment 95521
View attachment 95522
After the shove she takes a then spins, then throws her head back, then falls down. Scroll through the video and watch it framed by frame. It's all there.

I find all of this completely unpersuasive and not responsive to the points I made. She’s looking the wrong way until less than second before they collide. Showing her looking at the fan a split second before impact and suggesting she could have stopped on a dime makes no sense to me, as a matter of either physics or common sense. I’d dumbfounded that people think that the best player in college basketball intentionally risked injury—even assuming she had time to plan it in the 0.5 seconds from the moment the fan entered her line of sight.

I find it bizarre that anyone wants to see this as anything but an unfortunate accident. Two people ran into each other. That’s what the video shows. That’s what happened.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom