The problem with court storming | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The problem with court storming

87Xfer

Resident Ignorant Dope
Reaction Score
The problem with court storming is that our students never get to do it.

What I suggest is we pick an early season game at Gampel. Say Stonehill, designate it as the court storming game. The if -when- we win, the students storm the court. I mean everyone else gets to storm the court. Why not us!
uh...

Reaction Score
I didn’t even know court storming after a woman’s game was a thing, but then I Googled “court storm woman’s ncaa basketball,” and realized it actually wasn’t a thing. I guess now I’ve seen everything. This whole string probably belongs on the women’s board.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Ableist court storming are so lame.

Need more inclusive ADA compliant stormings complete with "I Love MILFs" t-shirts.

And do it during the game.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
The fans shouldn’t be on the court, of course. But she should probably look where she’s going, considering the circumstances.
Why? Ohio State is a plucky mid-major. Fans are well within their rights when their team overcomes such long odds to upset the No. 1 team in the country and the best Women's player to ever lace up sneakers in the history of forever.

Wait...What?

Reaction Score
She gets hit worse every game. Not much to see here. I'd have called it a flop if she was playing. I may just be a curmudgeon though.
I am in your camp, it’s sort of unfathomable that this happened, but it took arguably the best player in the sport seeing people were rushing the court, and sprinting off the court against that flow while not looking where she was going.

Why would she do that? Why run instead of walking/jogging slower with the rest of her team? And seeing people on the court, why would you run while not keeping your head on a swivel?

Reaction Score
Glad Caitlin is okay and it seems like she just had the wind knocked out of her and recovered quickly

But uhhhh….running into the fan, extending arms, and get sent sprawling the floor while the fan is already back up on her feet pretty much at the same time Caitlin hits the ground? And doesn’t even drop her phone? Feels like Caitlin sold the contact a little lol

Security at Memphis/Tulane was ready the second the buzzer sounded with ropes to prevent a court storm. Happened anyway

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
block or charge?
Charge all the way. The fan girl had clearly established position.

The best part of that was she kind of glanced over at what is arguably the best player of the game knocked on the floor and just kind of skulks away into the crowd.

CL82

Reaction Score
'only one had a right to be on the court.
Well it was the fan girls "Home court" Clark was only a "visitor."

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
Glad Caitlin is okay and it seems like she just had the wind knocked out of her and recovered quickly

But uhhhh….running into the fan, extending arms, and get sent sprawling the floor while the fan is already back up on her feet pretty much at the same time Caitlin hits the ground? And doesn’t even drop her phone? Feels like Caitlin sold the contact a little lol

Security at Memphis/Tulane was ready the second the buzzer sounded with ropes to prevent a court storm. Happened anyway
Can’t under estimate the strength of a legally intoxicated college student. Did not even drop her phone. Then again athletes who play basketball for the most part have a low BMI number so this could also be purely physics.

CL82

Reaction Score
I’d have given her 2 free throws
That would've been insane. Poor kid would've had to transfer. She'd be the Steve Bartman of her school.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I am in your camp, it’s sort of unfathomable that this happened, but it took arguably the best player in the sport seeing people were rushing the court, and sprinting off the court against that flow while not looking where she was going.

Why would she do that? Why run instead of walking/jogging slower with the rest of her team? And seeing people on the court, why would you run while not keeping your head on a swivel?
This is similar to my thoughts. Why the hell is she sprinting into an oncoming crowd? That's just not sensible behavior. Walk, don't run. Isn't that what our parents taught us? Does she run through traffic too?

I don't know if she really flopped, maybe it was an instinct. She seemed surprised, as if she was not just running but also not looking at what was happening. Be aware of your surroundings. Most of the blame for this is on her.

CL82

Reaction Score
This is similar to my thoughts. Why the hell is she sprinting into an oncoming crowd? That's just not sensible behavior. Walk, don't run. Isn't that what our parents taught us? Does she run through traffic too?

I don't know if she really flopped, maybe it was an instinct. She seemed surprised, as if she was not just running but also not looking at what was happening. Be aware of your surroundings. Most of the blame for this is on her.
I agree with your take that she may have been surprised otherwise she would've just shrugged off the contact. An athletes body composition is so much more dense than the average fluffy phone toting fan.

On the other hand, she may have so much flopping muscle memory, that the slightest contact causes her to go limp.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

Ironically, she was probably running to get off the court and out of harm's way.

Think Chris Chambliss in the 1976 ALCS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom