The problem with court storming | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The problem with court storming

Reaction Score
Big time flop. I'm team @CL82 .
Clark is undeniably a great player with ridiculous range, but she's a ball hog in my view. She's no different than Kelly Leak playing center field for Chico's Bail Bonds.
Clark sought out contact with the fan?

Your opinion of her being a ball hog has nothing to do with you agreeing with CL82 that she sought out contact with the fan, right?

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Eyes straight ahead, make no overt recognition that they exist...:)
Unfortunately with kids, that’s a near impossibility.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Actually, Clark pretty much does avoid contact she stops spins to the side the fluffy kid and then shoves her. So it must've been at least somewhat avoidable because Clark avoided it. What I think confuses people is that after the Clark takes a step, does her best Kemba impression with a head snap and throwing her arms in the air spins and falls.

For what it's worth, I have no issue with Clark shoving the fluffy fan out of the way, But I do think that it's kind of crappy of her to then do oppressor claiming she was blindsided by the fluffy kid when she was the one who ran into the fluffy kit not vice versa.

It kind of reminds me of the whole Clark "you can't see me " controversy with Angel Reese where Clark started the whole hand gesture thing but then went all holier than thou in pressers afterwards. She's a bit of a jerk, but then again so is Cam, and I love that guy

If Lady A runs a red light, and Lady B runs into her, who is at fault?

Lady A had absolutely no right to be in the intersection. None. There is absolutely no defense absolving Lady A from causing the collision.

I have not been a fan of Lady B since the Reese "put a ring on it" happening. Apparently Lady A has pulled the same BS in the past.

So this comes down to who was wrong: The woman who had no right being on the court, was in the wrong. Anyone else notice she was alone in center court?

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
'that doesn't really make sense.
Clark turns her head in the direction of the fan just one stride before contact occurred. A more agile or individual with quicker reflexes might have avoided contact completely. A less agile or individual with slower reflexes might not have raised her arms or shifted her body slightly and avoided direct contact in the manner Clark did.

The collision happened. Using film manipulation to project intent is what I’m objecting to. If Clark was walking and that collision occurred in the same manner then intent is clearer. But she wasn’t walking. She was moving at a pretty fast pace.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score

Lady A had absolutely no right to be in the intersection. None. There is absolutely no defense absolving Lady A from causing the collision.

I have not been a fan of Lady B since the Reese "put a ring on it" happening. Apparently Lady A has pulled the same BS in the past.

So this comes down to who was wrong: The woman who had no right being on the court, was in the wrong. Anyone else notice she was alone in center court?
As my grandfather would have said, you need to be more judicious with your use of the term lady, there are many women in the world but only a few ladies...

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Unfortunately with kids, that’s a near impossibility.
Oh, if you take a picture you have to pay Spidey.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Don’t ban court storming because one overhyped ESPN favorite flopped on national television.

/thread

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score

Your opinion of her being a ball hog has nothing to do with you agreeing with CL82 that she sought out contact with the fan, right?
It appears there are more men’s basketball fans who have some interest in the women’s game than I had imagined. This must be quite disturbing to Deepster.

Needless to say it’s near impossible to come to an objective conclusion when our personal biases come into play.

Reaction Score

Running a red light and breaking the law still doesn’t mean you can run into the law breaker…you’re at fault…unless it was unavoidable…

CL82

Reaction Score

I don't know if there really is a need to assign blame.

In any event I'm not sure if your traffic analogy is a good one since that's a case aware there are established lanes and traffic control. In this case a better analogy might be you've got two people driving in an unmarked parking lot one of them strikes the other. Then, the person who hit the other person files a false insurance claim stating that they were "blindsided" by the other person trying to collect from their policy. "Who's committing insurance fraud?"

Last edited:

CL82

Reaction Score
It appears there are more men’s basketball fans who have some interest in the women’s game than I had imagined. This must be quite disturbing to Deepster.

Needless to say it’s near impossible to come to an objective conclusion when our personal biases come into play.
Lol, I know, right! We are way overdue for a Deepster "take it to the woman's board."

Reaction Score

Why haven't you been of fan of Clark since the Angel Reese "put a ring on it" thing?

Didn't Angel Reese use the same gesture that Clark had previously used on someone else and Clark defended her over the flap?

I didn't follow it closely, what am I missing here?

temery

What?
Reaction Score
Why haven't you been of fan of Clark since the Angel Reese "put a ring on it" thing?

Didn't Angel Reese use the same gesture that Clark had previously used on someone else and Clark defended her over the flap?

I didn't follow it closely, what am I missing here?

Because that's when I realized Clark had done the same thing in the past.

Reese is a great player, as is Clark. But any player who did what she did ("in your face" put a ring on it), moves to the bottom of my list of players I like/respect.

I don't care that Clark defended her, it's an incredibly poor sportsmanship move.

A true champion lets winning say everything that needs to be said.

Everything else is just poor sportsmanship directed at the losing team.

Reaction Score
Because that's when I realized Clark had done the same thing in the past.

Reese is a great player, as is Clark. But any player who did what she did ("in your face" put a ring on it), moves to the bottom of my list of players I like/respect.

I don't care that Clark defended her, it's an incredibly poor sportsmanship move.

A true champion lets winning say everything that needs to be said.

Everything else is just poor sportsmanship directed at the losing team.
So you're not a fan of Clark or Reese, got it.

temery

What?
Reaction Score
So you're not a fan of Clark or Reese, got it.

Both are great players: future HOF.

But I'll never be a fan of the 'in your face', you lost, arrogant behavior.

ALWAYS win with class. No exception.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Nearly 6 full pages for arguably the current 3rd best individual women's college basketball player the country?

The Zupruder Film wasn't broken down to quite this extent.

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score

Not that she sought out the contact, that she made a dramatic flop for reasons unknown to me. The fan brushed it off like a fly landed on her, while Clark spun like doing the Hamill Camel. Seemed over the top.
Right, no connection between my opinion and my being on team CL82. I did compliment her skills and range, just don't like the quantity of shots she takes and her shot selection. Just commenting on the player.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
I live and work in New York City. No, that doesn't happen every day but, yes, frequently, people walk around looking at their phones and not at their surroundings and on occasion I am forced to move out of the way or extend my arms so they don't crash into my body.

Defenders can get to the spot first and they don't always get the charge call. You're the one who brought up the deer scenario -- you can be completely blameless even though you "hit the deer not the other way around." I'm not blaming the fan. I'm just saying they collided, because they did. I have no axe to grind here. I'm not a WCBB fan, much less an Iowa or Clark fan.
You lift your arms up in the city when people bump into you? You must do that an awful lot! ;) NYC protocol is look straight ahead, arms down and power through the contact.

Otherwise, though, we're in agreement. Nobody, least of all me, thinks that Clark was stalking this kid and if she didn't get her on the court she would've gotten her outside her dorm or something, but the notion that this kid plowed into Clark just isn't reality. As Warner Wolf would say, "let's roll the videotape!" Personally, I think it's kind of BS that she said the kid "blindsided her" in the press conference, but that's Clark. I agree that it doesn't matter one way or the other to us as Connecticut fans.

Cities, airports, public places.......

Few things more fun than lining up someone whose face is buried in their cell phone knowing you can get a in a pretty good cheap shot and they really can't do much about it.

Reaction Score

Clark embellished the contact big time and flopped. Hey, it was a made for tv acting job and Clark sold it for all it was worth. I get it, her team just lost and she was upset. She will be fine, nothing to see here.

Reaction Score
has anyone considered that Clark may have intentionally thrown the game, knowing that the students would likely storm the court after such a momentous upset, allowing her an opportunity to assault said fan?

to be honest, I think we are just scratching the surface of what this really is.

CL82

Reaction Score
has anyone considered that Clark may have intentionally thrown the game, knowing that the students would likely storm the court after such a momentous upset, allowing her an opportunity to assault said fan?
4F4A5249-12C1-484B-A735-0C9EB8F224D8.jpeg

Conspiracy Kitty says: Yes.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score

to be honest, I think we are just scratching the surface of what this really is.

I think you're onto something here

giphy.gif

Reaction Score

So you agree with CL82? Haha

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score

That's some 4-D Chess right there.

Think About It GIF by Identity

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24

Top Bottom