OT: - The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Van (the Man) has many songs that seem to have been relegated to the dustbin of rock history. Here's one:

“St Domenic’s Preview” is a favorite album of mine.

Reaction Score
Not too long ago but perhaps forgotten...love Mona on the box...(clean version) You Did It!

Reaction Score
Way too many great songs in my rear view mirror. Here's one from the Steve Miller Band:

quote from Miles Davis about Steve Miller............

I remember one time - it might have been a couple times - at the Fillmore East in 1970, I was opening for this sorry-axx cat named Steve Miller. Steve Miller didn't have his sxxt going for him, so I'm pissed because I got to open for this non-playing motherfxxxer just because he had one or two sorry-axx records out. So I would come late and he would have to go on first and then we got there we smoked the motherfxxxxking place, everybody dug it.”​

Reaction Score
A little nostalgia. Back in my UConn days ( or daze), there was a great local band that played frat parties. From South Windsor, led by guitarist big Al Anderson, who later played with NRBQ, this was their biggest hit. Brings back memories every time I hear it.
Good call @Aluminny69 simply a great song and not a typical 3 / 4 chord song of those days, very well done. If I may add to nostalgia along with yours, I saw The Wild Weeds In Middletown on Main St on the upper level parking garage behind Sears in 1967. My early teens and they were simply astounding to myself and a few friends. They covered The Letter by The Box Tops which was all over the radio that summer so well and being young I thought it was their song.
Box Tops number 1 for four weeks. That and covered well by Joe Cocker and others down the road.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
I didn't realize Pete Seeger had a TV show till I came across an episode with Richard and Mimi Farina several years ago. Here's one set of tunes from that show, Dopico and Celebration for a Grey Day, which they played in Newport around the same time.

npignatjr

Npignatjr
Reaction Score
My favorite lost 45. Has it all: clever lyrics, catchy hook, great bassline and Ronstadtian vocals.

Reaction Score
Oscar Peterson in 1974.
Perhaps the greatest solo played in the 20th century.

UHF

Reaction Score
Bad Motor Scooter.
Ronnie Montrose and Sammy Hagar.

Last edited:

UHF

Reaction Score
Tower of Power.
What Is Hip?

Wonder if Caroline Ducharme would like this song.
;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak