OT: - The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3 | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Rock bands back in the day usually took you somewhere, ~ Robin Trower took you somewhere else".

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
A little nostalgia. Back in my UConn days ( or daze), there was a great local band that played frat parties. From South Windsor, led by guitarist big Al Anderson, who later played with NRBQ, this was their biggest hit. Brings back memories every time I hear it.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
More nostalgia. Saw these guys live upstairs at the Student Union. Known as the coffee house concerts, for $1, they featured an electric violin. Amazing instrumentalists, this was my favorite song that they played. Again, brings back memories, that's what music does for me.

Reaction Score
Wanna talk obscure?
Of course that "obscurity" spawned three of rock's best guitarists: Jeff Beck, Jimmy Page, and Eric Clapton. (BTW, that was a young looking Jeff Beck that demolished his guitar.)

Reaction Score
One more from Van (for those of us at a certain age, the first chords are instantly recognizable - so not obscure, just old...like me):

Reaction Score
I don't know how to categorize this one, the song is not obscure, but the mash-up w Fred n Rita has to be seen. Really good synchronization with dance and music.

Reaction Score
Growing up in SoCal in the early 60s teens seemed to be either greasers (think car clubs, etc.) or surfers, or nerds. I fell in with the surfers and surfed until i got into rock climbing in 1968 (waves got too crowded and the cliffs were empty). I then sold my board and started buying rope, pitons, carabiners... This song was a huge dance hit for some of us:

Reaction Score
I think we could have some fun and enjoyment with this theme once again. This will be round 3 for us, as I've done a couple others in past years.

Post an old tune that was a favorite, or one that's obscure and out of the mainstream, or finally, perhaps one that was pretty well known, but has now faded off into the land of the forgotten.

I'll lead off with "Land of the Navajo" by the Group "Old and in The Way" , which describes me to a "T" by the way. The album came out in '75, and I think it was the only album they made, so it's old, kinda obscure, and also pretty forgotten about, so heck, guess it touches all the bases. Anyway, the group had some big names in it - Vassar Clements, Jerry Garcia of the Dead, Peter Rowan. and David Grisman:

How does one do this technically?

Reaction Score
How does one do this technically?

1. Go to YouTube and search for a song you like.
2. Once you have the song, highlight and copy it from the address bar on the top. You accomplish that by doing a right mouse click, highlight the address, and then select "copy" from the menu that will appear.
3. On the UCONN website, once you are in the song thread, hit reply, then right click, go to "paste" and the song address should appear.

Hopefully that does it, if not please let me know any q's you might have...!

UHF

Reaction Score
Humble Pie.
I Walked On Gilded Splinters.
1971 live.
Steve Marriott and Peter Frampton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors