OT: - The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, The Obscure, and the Forgotten - Round 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
You'll be happy to know, sixty years later, Darlene is still belting out this song!

Nice! Good to know she's still got the pipes. Patty Smyth is another lady that still has her voice after all this time.

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Well old has been well covered, here's some obscure. :rolleyes: Can't remember if I've ever worked them into a music thread previously. A fairly recent discovery for me. I would've expected You Tube's algorithm to suggest this to me long before, but I'm pretty sure I first heard it on Pandora. Reminds me a fair bit of First Aid Kit. This is also a sister duo, although from Indianapolis, not Stockholm.

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Last of the evening, my undergrad days soundtrack was stuffed with English blues:

The Yardbirds Smokestack Lightning
Wanna talk obscure?
The Yardbirds were filming and performing in a re-creation of the Ricky Tick club built at MGM Studios in Borehamwood for Michelangelo Antonioni’s 1966 film “Blow up”

In 1966 if you were interested in experiencing Britain’s “Swinging London” and who wasn’t ? Antonioni’s film was a must see! You are immediately drenched in London’s steamy brothel of “Sex, Drugs, Rock and Roll and fashion! For us it meant plenty of Carnaby clad “Birds” ( English girls) and our favorite band “The Yardbirds”, playing our favorite version of “Train Kept a Rollin”

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
Another obscure group I like, with some new stuff from the beginning of this year.

Reaction Score
Iconic bass line. Completely different song than the studio cut.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
I thought this lady was poised to be a breakout star in country music in the mid 90s...but it just never happened. Nashville has been missing the boat or bus or whatever on talented musicians for decades. I got smart and quit listening to mainstream country music a long time ago (although I can make an exception for Kacey Musgraves.

Reaction Score
WIZN FM 106.7 in Vergennes, VT was a great album rock station when I lived in the Burlington area. Got introduced to a lot of songs that didn't get airplay on pop stations. That station and CHOM FM in Montreal saved me from the Madonna/Michael Jackson era.
The Kinks

Reaction Score
Punk band out of L.A. "X" (I know that everyone can see Rick Vaughn walking onto the diamond) (There should probably be a separate thread for cover songs in movies as well...DiVinyls - I Ain't Gonna Eat My Heart Out Anymore?)
I prefer this to the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak