OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2 | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2

Reaction Score
Damn, I remember both those Kaizen - and haven't heard either in eons....:)

Reaction Score
The Hooters are a Philly band from the 80s, and some folks might think of them as a one-hit wonder, that hit being "And We Danced," a really fun straight-ahead rock anthem. Of everything else they did, there's one song that remains a crowd favorite wherever the band plays. Which is funny, because the band members admit they threw it together and the lyrics have no meaning at all.

Anyway, I find it almost hypnotically fun to listen to. I dug up this 1986 video of their performance of "All You Zombies." As you can tell from the video, boy, was this the 80s.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
HBO is offering free programming for a while. This song played at the end of an episode of Big Little Lies, that I watched last night. Never heard of these guys; twins, and in 1979 put out their only album. This song sounds like something that you could slow-dance to in high school.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Anyone remember this very old Mambo music (1955)?

I was nine when my sister got married. I remember like yesterday Cherry Pink and Apple Blossom White playing and my dad doing the cha cha with a young lady. He was tipsy and happy; my mom not so much! :rolleyes:

Bama fan

Reaction Score
My favorite Australian all-girl pop/rock group (but I think they need more guitars).

Or maybe more cowbell? ;)

Reaction Score
A favorite of mine by Phil Phillips, 1959 Sea Of Love. Not often I have found a remake more enjoyable than the original but Robert Plant and The Honeydrippers with their orchestral version in 1985 was the bomb.
Several years later it was the first dance at the joining with my better half. We covered a lot of floor before the guests joined us half way through. ;)

Last edited:

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here's another one from Spanky; glad to see them getting some love here. This is a depression-era classic. Spanky absolutely slays it -- no wasted effort, beautiful crescendo throughout.

Bama fan

Reaction Score
Here's another one from Spanky; glad to see them getting some love here. This is a depression-era classic. Spanky absolutely slays it -- no wasted effort, beautiful crescendo throughout.

She does just slay this classic depression era tune. Yip Harburg , who also wrote the tunes for the Wizard of Oz, April in Paris, and It's Only A Paper Moon , wrote this for "The Americans" in 1932. Topical and politically hot stuff. Funny how things come back around!

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
That's kinda confusing, there is a Canadian all-girl pop/rock group called The Beaches. Somebody on this board turned me on to them. You might like them to.

Somebody on this board? :cool:

You beat me to it. I was gonna let Hope know about them.

Reaction Score
He's been around for a long time, but probably not real well known.

He's here covering the Stones (with a little Snoop Dogg)

He does have talent. But very painful to watch him to finish the song ...

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Somebody on this board? :cool:

You beat me to it. I was gonna let Hope know about them.

I was kicking myself for not remembering which poster it was. No disrespect intended.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom