OT: - The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Old, the Obscure, and The Forgotten - Round 2

Reaction Score
Being part of the soundtrack of Easy Rider surely guarantees that this gem will never be forgotten. Great song, great movie, great cinematography. The Byrds were something special!

I should qualify that- certainly not forgotten amongst us gray beards, but the younger gen has no clue about the Byrds, Easy Rider, Nixon,Watergate,CCR, CSN&Y, Nam, etc - believe me, I know, I've chatted with quite a few of my son's friends etc...!

nwhoopfan

hopeless West Coast homer
Reaction Score
Eilen Jewell did a whole album of covers. She reached way back into the past for some old bluesy and jazzy numbers. Here's one of them (the original, not the remake).

Reaction Score
Eddie Cochran was known for "There Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues" and "Everybody" but this is the first time I've heard this>

Reaction Score
Eddie Cochran was known for "There Ain't No Cure for the Summertime Blues" and "Everybody" but this is the first time I've heard this>
In an interview about how the Beatles got together, I remember Paul talking about the first time he saw John Lennon playing with the Quarrymen - and he mentioned they played this song- I had never heard until now.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
I had never heard of this band until I ran across them a few weeks ago. So I'm going with obscure on this one.

Fanny - Blind Alley

Reaction Score
This one is old and obscure - and a beautiful tune. If you are ever in Hawaii, be sure to play it in the background, at least once :D

Reaction Score
My go-to guy, Mark Knopfler, from way back when he led Dire Straits. This song started on their Brothers in Arms album (1985), and played at various times throughout his career. I saw him do it last year in Philly, with a backup group of very accomplished musicians, and it was magnificent. This recording ain't bad, either, from 1993:

Reaction Score
My go-to guy, Mark Knopfler, from way back when he led Dire Straits. This song started on their Brothers in Arms album (1985), and played at various times throughout his career. I saw him do it last year in Philly, with a backup group of very accomplished musicians, and it was magnificent. This recording ain't bad, either, from 1993:

One of my favorite albums of all time.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
And here is one that I remember hearing a lot as a kid but if it weren't for youtube it would be completely forgotten. I don't think the group had any other hits that I am aware of.

I really liked that song when it came out in 1969. The Nashville Symphony Orchestra provided the music for Morning Girl. They also had a song titled Heighdy Ho Princess which charted in 1970. But not much else that the public seemed to want.

Reaction Score
The group Christie had a hit with the song "Yellow River" back in the late 60's /early 70's sometime. They also did another tune, more obscure but pretty decent: "San Bernadino"

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score

This is from the movie "The Girl Can't Help It'. Starring Jayne Mansfield and a host of 50s musical greats. Little Richard recorded the title song track. I think the maid is played by actress Juanita Moore. Crazy, silly ,musical fluff!

Reaction Score
surf music and white go-go boots. what more could you ask for

Wow, Hope, some gems there....good stuff - I see you have been spending your quarantine time wisely. :D:D

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
When I was in HS, I was such a classical music snob, I didn't get pop, folk, jazz...boy what I missed (pre-rock)

Later I came to really appreciate the Weavers and sang all the songs with my kids and students...one of their songs seems really appropriate now:

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
My favorite Australian all-girl pop/rock group (but I think they need more guitars).

That's kinda confusing, there is a Canadian all-girl pop/rock group called The Beaches. Somebody on this board turned me on to them. You might like them to.

nwhoopfan

Reaction Score
That surf rock song title is almost the same as this, but totally different genres. I think this one is plenty obscure.

Hope

flowers die
Reaction Score
That's kinda confusing, there is a Canadian all-girl pop/rock group called The Beaches. Somebody on this board turned me on to them. You might like them to.

1587321670109.png

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom