The Official Tourney Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

The Official Tourney Thread

Reaction Score
Thought we would get him, he was teammates with Giffey growing up and Giffey was just coming off his second national championship for us. Beilein went over to the kid's home in Germany and it was a wrap.

This is a travesty, we should have every German recruit locked up.

Reaction Score
This is a travesty, we should have every German recruit locked up.
We haven't even gone after a kid like Wagner since JC and Blaney ran the show. Colson would have been a nice get, but he was not a KO type of recruit.

Reaction Score
Rooting for Michigan because Louisville. That's enough reason.

Plus Michigan looks to have some tourney magic going.
Was this the last gasp for Louisville recruits enticed by hookers? Could be tough times cumin

Reaction Score
We haven't even gone after a kid like Wagner since JC and Blaney ran the show. Colson would have been a nice get, but he was not a KO type of recruit.
Lol, Durham is a skilled, versatile 4 man just like Wagner is, he just happened to blow out 2 ACLs(Wagner btw did nothing his freshman year with 2 healthy ACLs). But hey, agendas are at work so carry on...

Reaction Score
different tournament, but Brookfield just won their first basketball state championship. One of the biggest Cinderella runs in CT high school basketball history. Their PG is playing soccer for UConn next year.

Reaction Score
different tournament, but Brookfield just won their first basketball state championship. One of the biggest Cinderella runs in CT high school basketball history. Their PG is playing soccer for UConn next year.
Name?

Reaction Score
Lol, Durham is a skilled, versatile 4 man just like Wagner is, he just happened to blow out 2 ACLs(Wagner btw did nothing his freshman year with 2 healthy ACLs). But hey, agendas are at work so carry on...
You're out of your mind, first of all Wagner outweighs Durham by 40 or 50 pounds, never travels, great footwork, and can clog the middle and is a better shooter. We have not had anyone close to that since Josh Boone or Voskhul, though admittedly neither of them could shoot like Wagner can. Durham is 200 pounds with skiis on at best. Lol. Durham is talented but a very very different type of player. Wagner reminds me of Christian Laettner, so if you think Durham is another Laettner, then you must think Brimah is another Ralph Sampson.

Reaction Score
You're out of your mind, first of all Wagner outweighs Durham by 40 or 50 pounds, never travels, great footwork, and can clog the middle and is a better shooter. We have not had anyone close to that since Josh Boone or Voskhul, though admittedly neither of them could shoot like Wagner can. Durham is 200 pounds with skiis on at best. Lol. Durham is talented but a very very different type of player. Wagner reminds me of Christian Laettner, so if you think Durham is another Laettner, then you must think Brimah is another Ralph Sampson.
Again, you're judging Durham as a player coming off of 2 ACL tears and 1.5 years of inactivity. The point is Durham was billed as a skilled and versatile big man in HS, just like Wagner was coming over from Germany, and Wagner didn't do much last year and took a leap this year with increased playing time. I know you dudes are obsessed with muscles, but I'm talking about skillsets and positions, which they share in common. You just compared Wagner to 2 dudes his game is nothing like, yet said this is the kind of guy JC and Blaney always targeted...I don't even know why I bothered.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Wichita State is so well coached. The block outs, the passing, movement off the ball, strong defense. I don't see all that much talent out there, but it's still a very good team. Morris is a handful for the skinny Kentucky front line.

Reaction Score
Again, you're judging Durham as a player coming off of 2 ACL tears and 1.5 years of inactivity. The point is Durham was billed as a skilled and versatile big man in HS, just like Wagner was coming over from Germany, and Wagner didn't do much last year and took a leap this year with increased playing time. I know you dudes are obsessed with muscles, but I'm talking about skillsets and positions, which they share in common. You just compared Wagner to 2 dudes his game is nothing like, yet said this is the kind of guy JC and Blaney always targeted...I don't even know why I bothered.
Stop saying I'm judging Durham post injuries, just stop. Look I respect your opinion as wrong as it is, you are a Husky fan like I am, but I think it's time to end this. ☺

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

First, UConn recruited Moritz Wagner, so I'll call bull s--- there.

Second, Wagner played eight minutes a game and showed little as a freshman - he was a mess in the four or five minutes against UConn in Atlantis last year. There's no reason not to believe that Durham can show similar improvement as a soph.

Reaction Score
First, UConn recruited Moritz Wagner, I'll call bull s--- there.

Second, Wagner played eight minutes a game and showed little as a freshman - he was a mess in the four or five minutes against UConn in Atlantis last year. There's no reason not to believe that Durham can show similar improvement as a soph.
If Durham is like Wagner as a soph then we are going to the final 4 next year.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If Durham is like Wagner as a soph then we are going to the final 4 next year.

Wagner was good this year, but inconsistent. If Juwan wants to be like Wagner, I'd prefer he skip sophomore Wagner and go right for junior Wagner.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
I love the way Wichita St. plays. Would be a great addition to the AAC. God I hope they take down one and done nation.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Malik Monk takes a lot of questionable jumpers. Reminds me of a more talent Luol Deng.

Reaction Score
I love the way Wichita St. plays. Would be a great addition to the AAC.
They will be less than zero once Marshall leaves. As someone (I forget who) said on twitter, "a temporarily shiny anchor that would drag the conference down."

VCU or Dayton would be better adds for the AAC since they've done it under multiple coaches.

Reaction Score
These early Sunday games have lived up to the billing. Come on Shockers!!!

Reaction Score
and1 getting all they can handle, hope the shockers can keep up

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
One of the things I love about Wichita State is that they don't pick up their defense 5 feet above the 3 point line like so many teams in college today. There is no point in picking up defense that high unless you are going to trap. pick up at the 3 point line or a little above, and make the opponent work for their shot. The shot clock is your friend.

Reaction Score
This thing is going down to the wire which means one thing...Kentucky will get the calls and Nelson will post about it.

UConn_Top_Dog

"Your school wins games... WE WIN CHAMPIONSHIPS!"
Reaction Score
Diallo warming up the UK bench. Damn traitor.. I hope he never wins a ring at UK.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom