The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 15 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
found on these pages, may 2, 2021:
'imma yuge fan of mr stanton,'
Giancarlo-Stanton-2.jpg

what he have, like 10 rbi's in 3 games this weekend? one of the alltime greatest performances by a yankee at fenway, especially with what's at stake. epic. awesomesauce.
kiss my grits, haters.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Can't remember a player that could go from game-to-game, sometimes at-bat to at-bat, that can go from looking like a Hall of Famer to guy who never swung a bat before than Giancarlo Stanton. Lucky for the Yanks he's picked the right time to show why he's an MVP-quality player. Great sweep of the Sox, but the Jays & Rays still stand in the way.

Also, what happened to Adam Ottavino? He was lights out when he first got to the Yankees, especially against right handers. He had that same frisbee curve that Jeff Nelson used to throw. Must be a confidence thing.

Reaction Score
Can't remember a player that could go from game-to-game, sometimes at-bat to at-bat, that can go from looking like a Hall of Famer to guy who never swung a bat before than Giancarlo Stanton. Lucky for the Yanks he's picked the right time to show why he's an MVP-quality player. Great sweep of the Sox, but the Jays & Rays still stand in the way.

Also, what happened to Adam Ottavino? He was lights out when he first got to the Yankees, especially against right handers. He had that same frisbee curve that Jeff Nelson used to throw. Must be a confidence thing.
Stanton is living in the Red Sox's head right now. Last night's game was just crazy with the good and bad plays. Sox still have a leg-up on the Yanks facing the Nat's and O's to close out their season while the Yanks have the Jays and Rays.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score

post season era's;
nelson, 2.65
ottavino, 7.04
'uh, oh' is a bum. nelson is a champion. look closely at uhoh's expression (posted above) when future hall of famer stanton hits his weaksauce toss into kenmore square -fear, resignation. when nelson had a bad turn, his face looked like he wanted to chew some glass, and tear someone's head off. i also commend cashman for getting rid of that loser faster than some pizza thread posters reaching for the pepto after eating one of their 'special' pies.

Reaction Score
Spiffy comes out of the basement hoping he’s here to stay meaning Yankees keep on winning.

Reaction Score
So Sanchez is the DH tonight while Voit rides the bench smdh.

Reaction Score
Voit just went on the injured list.
Then that makes sense I should’ve known when I saw him limping but wouldn’t put it past the the Yankees analytics to have made that decision if Voit were healthy.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wake up, sleepyheads.....
klubot is dealing, and is highly serviceable.
gio found his stroke. hit a hr recently.
gleybar is just plain, uhh, well he is a 2 time allstar. what's he like 24?
rizz took the job.
and then there's looie.

translated? kiss my broccoli.

Y.A.N.K.E.E.S.
Here come the YANKEES
Let's get behind and cheer the YANKEES
They're gonna learn to fear the YANKEES
Everyone knows they play to win, cause

They're the New York YANKEES
Show them today why you're the YANKEES
No other way when you're the YANKEES
Wadda ya say we win a brand, new, ballgame

We're gonna shout when ya powder the ball
We're gonna scream, "put it over the wall"
The other teams gonna know what it means to play the Y.A.N.K.E.E.S
We love the Yankees
Shout it out loud , We Love The YANKEES
We're really proud of our YANKEES
And we're gonna win today
2, 3, 4, Hit, Run, Fight, Score, Go! Go! Go!

We're gonna shout when ya powder the ball
We're gonna scream "put it over the wall yo"
The other teams gonna know what it means to play the Y.A.N.K.E.E.S
We love the Yankees
Shout it out loud, We Love The YANKEES
We're really proud of our YANKEES
And we're gonna win today

the chase for 28!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Very impressive win last night. This team has been so streaky that it was important that they showed they could bounce back after a tough loss on Wednesday and not go into a tailspin. Especially so going up against Ray, who is having such a strong season for Toronto. Judge continues to show why, when he's healthy, he's as good as anyone in the league. The Steinbrenners better start loading up the Brinx truck because Mr. Judge is going to get paid bigly. I've also been impressed with Gio Urshella's competence at shortstop. I don't think many could step in to an unfamiliar position like he has at such a high level. Big series now with Tampa. Yanks need to keep that momentum going into the playoffs.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Very impressive win last night. This team has been so streaky that it was important that they showed they could bounce back after a tough loss on Wednesday and not go into a tailspin. Especially so going up against Ray, who is having such a strong season for Toronto. Judge continues to show why, when he's healthy, he's as good as anyone in the league. The Steinbrenners better start loading up the Brinx truck because Mr. Judge is going to get paid bigly. I've also been impressed with Gio Urshella's competence at shortstop. I don't think many could step in to an unfamiliar position like he has at such a high level. Big series now with Tampa. Yanks need to keep that momentum going into the playoffs.
I agree on the streakiness. Once they get a loss...I honestly don't know how long they go before they win again. It's been such a weird season.

Last night they showed they can bounce back

Reaction Score
Why do they insist on bringing in Sanchez all the time for crucial pinch hit at bats? He's the easiest out in baseball. Dude shouldn't even be on the team, it's infuriating.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I have seen this movie before...the Rays pitchers...any Rays pitchers...shut down the Yankees.

Reaction Score
Wow, Ken Singleton's retirement monologue is exactly what I needed to hear during this awful Yankees game.

Singleton gets a lot of crap as being a boring color commentator who does bring a lot to the table, but I've always found his voice super relaxing. When I watch baseball, I generally don't listen to the announcers so having a relaxing guy like Singleton in the background has always been appreciated.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Wow, Ken Singleton's retirement monologue is exactly what I needed to hear during this awful Yankees game.

Singleton gets a lot of crap as being a boring color commentator who does bring a lot to the table, but I've always found his voice super relaxing. When I watch baseball, I generally don't listen to the announcers so having a relaxing guy like Singleton in the background has always been appreciated.
Anyone who doesn’t enjoy Kenny’s commentary is an idiot. I’ve always found his perspectives interesting, especially since he came from a different generation of baseball. Going to miss him for sure.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Also I believe in baseball gods. If there was ever a time where a commentator could impact the play on the field, it’s today. After that send off, this would be the most epic time for a huge yankee come back.

Reaction Score
Anyone who doesn’t enjoy Kenny’s commentary is an idiot. I’ve always found his perspectives interesting, especially since he came from a different generation of baseball. Going to miss him for sure.
Singleton is great, Boone is going to lose his job because of his bizarre allegiance to Gary Sanchez and for messing around with the bullpen.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I have to admit...it's hard to care about this team making the playoffs because they will be quickly eliminated. Which is what happens every year.

So who cares...put us out of our misery quicker...lol

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom