The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 14 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
We also lost series to all of them when the Yanke weren't streaking. I'm rooting for them, they're better with Rizzo and even the .200 hitting Gallo. Judge and Stanton both playing well hope they keep it up. But the magic for 13 games with the Bronx kid and other catchers besides the light hitting Sanchez could also go away. Torres isn't necessarily a welcome back guy either right unless he comes back as the 2019 guy eventually. Not even close to as good a SS as the kid defensively. Will be interesting but needing to get to the series with Cole winning puts the pressure on Monty, Tailon maybe Kluber and Cortes as well as what has been a shaky at best bullpen. Fun year again but team is not designed to win a big series and hasn't been . Lots to prove by Cashman and Boone.
False. We won both Astros series, both White Sox series, split one / won one series with both A's and Braves.

But I get your point. The yankees have done well in the regular season each year under Boone, but the bats go away in the postseason. I agree that the DNA of the team hasn't changed to make me feel confident in the playoffs we could beat any of those teams above, like we were able to do in the regular season. With that said, I'm cautiously optimistic this is the year they prove me wrong. But they probably won't...

Reaction Score
With Cole I gotta believe there’s a chance. Do I trust Boone the lineup or the pen no. Gonna have to get lucky, teams that have won it all since 2017 haven’t had good pens, that’s due to putting starters in the pen. You could put Gil and German in the pen maybe even Severino. Also DJ has to step up a lot of the balls off his bat seem to go grounded right toward 2B where as the last 2 years those those balls are in the air just above the infielders.

Reaction Score
Lost 2 of 3 versus the lowly Angels and just got no hit by Chris Ellis for 5 innings try to find his stats by the way. That’s our Yankees like it or not....

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
Win 13 in a row - lose 6 out of 8. That's this year's edition of the Yankees.

No telling what's next.

Reaction Score

No telling what's next.
'Real good teams don’t lose 4 in a row '
fail.
and the funniest part of that brilliant observation, is exactly against who, and when, they did it. spooky.
1998 New York Yankees baseball Game-by-Game Results on StatsCrew.com

all i care aboot recently is that klubot is back, and lookin good to get jiggy with it. gio got a hit, too. noice.

“Felt good to get back out there. It was a long process to get to this point,” Kluber said.

ur in the wrong thread. the miserables are a few doors down. ya can't miss it, just look for the orange headed baseball mascot. and that delicious skyline chili. lol.

Guess I was in the right thread huh Cliffy poo? You’re suddenly no where to be found as they come back to normal. Bring back Kluber and Torres....how’s that working out your boy Torres lost the game last night with his error another one yet today he’s dreadful trade his butt. Bronx Kid was a better fit. All those jumping all over them catching the Rays now lucky to hold off the Sox, Jays, As and Mariners for a one game playoff. But by all means please come back and tell me how stupid I am lol

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Funny seeing the Yankees back in third place. I thought they won the WS in July this year?

Reaction Score

No telling what's next.
Getting swept by the Jays was next I guess huh?

We better call the police and fill out a missing persons report for Cliffy. :eek:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
I’ve been trying to stay positive but watching Voit do his best Stone Cold Steve Austin impression into the dugout camera after hitting a solo HR in the 9th inning of a game where his team is about to get swept in the midst of a 6 game losing streak is pretty aggravating.

Maybe there are analytics to back it up but why on earth is Heaney still on the roster?

At least I have Dak and Amari Cooper on my fantasy football team so that kept my spirits high last night.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
I’ve been trying to stay positive but watching Voit do his best Stone Cold Steve Austin impression into the dugout camera after hitting a solo HR in the 9th inning of a game where his team is about to get swept in the midst of a 6 game losing streak is pretty aggravating.

Maybe there are analytics to back it up but why on earth is Heaney still on the roster?

At least I have Dak and Amari Cooper on my fantasy football team so that kept my spirits high last night.
Go ask Cashman about Heaney. Also ask him why he signed Sanchez to another deal.

I have stated all season its time for Cashman to go.

Reaction Score
Go ask Cashman about Heaney. Also ask him why he signed Sanchez to another deal.

I have stated all season its time for Cashman to go.

How is Torres our SS going into the season and most certainly that plan better change now for sure. He's proven he does nothing very well now, more than likely used something for his great year and now is nothing more than every other crappy SS except he's a worst fielder! So many errors by Cashman in prep for this year it is time. And again, he loved Gallo last year he finally got him. Hows that working out Cash? Dreadful team! And the guy who pithec the other night was gettable at trade time by the Yanks Berrios, but Brian had better ideas with Heaney LOL

Reaction Score
On last night's ESPN broadcast, they mentioned a statistic that Joey Gallo only has two sacrifice flies in his career. Is this possible? He's not a rookie. I would think he would have more than that by accident.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
On last night's ESPN broadcast, they mentioned a statistic that Joey Gallo only has two sacrifice flies in his career. Is this possible? He's not a rookie. I would think he would have more than that by accident.
I heard earlier this year that he has only grounded into 6 double plays in his career. I guess that's what you get when you are a true 3 outcome player....

Reaction Score
Great to see a Sanchez walk off after Urshela’s boneheaded bunt foul on two strikes K.

Reaction Score
I love Tyler Wade. The Yankees haven't had a guy with his dynamic in my lifetime.

He thrives in late-inning small ball situations. A perfect bench piece for the Yankees, especially in the playoffs. The Yankees don't win last night without him stealing third.

It's absurd that he only attempted 15 steals prior to this season, but that's what happens when a team is too literal with its analytics. Glad to see the Yankees use him in ways he always should have been used.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Yeah I’m trying to think who we’ve had in the past who is similar. He really is the ultimate utility guy. He’s not “the best” at anything he does, but he does almost everything average or above average.

Reaction Score
Wade has always gotten a bad rep, people gotta remember hes 26. Not saying hes great but people act like hes some career minor leaguer who just came up in his 30s. Aside from Judge obviously Wade has been Yankees most consistent player batting .274

Reaction Score
Looks like it all comes down to the final nine games of the season. Three with Boston, three with Toronto and three with Tampa. The Yankees do seem to play better against the better teams, but I wish I had more confidence going into these final weeks. Their continued inability to move runners over and score guys from third with less than two outs does not portend well for what are basically playoff games the rest of the way. Should be fun though.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Looks like it all comes down to the final nine games of the season. Three with Boston, three with Toronto and three with Tampa. The Yankees do seem to play better against the better teams, but I wish I had more confidence going into these final weeks. Their continued inability to move runners over and score guys from third with less than two outs does not portend well for what are basically playoff games the rest of the way. Should be fun though.
Boston and TB are away series and I think both teams are playing better on average than the Yankees. I hate to say it but I think the Yankees are sitting out the wildcard.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Red Sox have blown their load - I expect a mediocre finish for them.

Reaction Score
Good win last night. Contributions from the whole lineup and Cole pitched well enough. Eovaldi has given the Yanks a ton of trouble since he's been in Boston, so it was nice to see them get to him early. Nice to see Gleyber Torres come up with some big hits, though I'm not ready to declare him back to All-star form just yet. Next up is Nasty Nestor.

Reaction Score
Good win last night. Contributions from the whole lineup and Cole pitched well enough. Eovaldi has given the Yanks a ton of trouble since he's been in Boston, so it was nice to see them get to him early. Nice to see Gleyber Torres come up with some big hits, though I'm not ready to declare him back to All-star form just yet. Next up is Nasty Nestor.
I've really like Torres' approach lately. If he's OK being just a 15 HR/year guy, he can become a really good situational hitter.

Torres' stats since July 17:

.299/.351/.812, 21 RBI, 20 R, 9 SB, 5 HR in 43 games.

Prorate to a 150 games and his cumulative stats are: 70 R, 17 HR, 72 RBI, 31 SB. The SB aren't realistic, but I'll take the other #s.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom