The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
Cliffy find me a positive now please? First before the Red Sox embarrassment Cole looked uncomfortable pitching hope it’s not more than one game, when he got ripped up. Now not only can they not hit in the clutch at all but the bullpen looks shaky against the team we owned last year.

As stated above at least Cash should be gone and today would be the way to do it make a statement while playing your arch rivals. Nice trade for Odor. Who else is out there batting .186 we can grab but used to be a good player?
Before tonight I had respect for umpires, after tonight I no longer do.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As of right now, a little over 1/3 of the season is done. If the present record is an indicator for the rest of the season, the Yanks may win 90 games. Enough for the playoffs, I don't think so. Tampa and Boston are the better teams in the division. Then there is Chicago, Houston and Cleveland.

The team on the field is Cashman's responsibility. No .300 hitters. Odur, Fraizer and Gardner below .200. The team has no legitimate lead off hitter or a #2 hitter to move the runner. Two catchers who can't hit. Cashman has not done his job to build a balanced team. Too damn power heavy.

The team has a manager who should have never been hired. He is a slave to analytics. He has no feel for the game. He continually bats Judge second in the order. He's your best power hitter, hitter and he only has 32 RBI's!! What good did batting Voit, when he was starting to hit, lead off. He's not a lead off hitter. He's a power hitter.

Time to shake it up. Time for Hal Steinbrenner to act as a Steinbrenner. Cashman needs to go and Boone needs to go. Frazier, Odur, Sanchez should be on the bench and on the trading block. Get what you can for them even if its only draft picks.

There are a lot of Yankee fans in our community. We're fed up with Boone for starters. Now we are getting fed up with Cashman. He built this mess. Agree or disagree. This is were I stand.

BTW - I believe analytics is ruining the game.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
As of right now, a little over 1/3 of the season is done. If the present record is an indicator for the rest of the season, the Yanks may win 90 games. Enough for the playoffs, I don't think so. Tampa and Boston are the better teams in the division. Then there is Chicago, Houston and Cleveland.

The team on the field is Cashman's responsibility. No .300 hitters. Odur, Fraizer and Gardner below .200. The team has no legitimate lead off hitter or a #2 hitter to move the runner. Two catchers who can't hit. Cashman has not done his job to build a balanced team. Too damn power heavy.

The team has a manager who should have never been hired. He is a slave to analytics. He has no feel for the game. He continually bats Judge second in the order. He's your best power hitter, hitter and he only has 32 RBI's!! What good did batting Voit, when he was starting to hit, lead off. He's not a lead off hitter. He's a power hitter.

Time to shake it up. Time for Hal Steinbrenner to act as a Steinbrenner. Cashman needs to go and Boone needs to go. Frazier, Odur, Sanchez should be on the bench and on the trading block. Get what you can for them even if its only draft picks.

There are a lot of Yankee fans in our community. We're fed up with Boone for starters. Now we are getting fed up with Cashman. He built this mess. Agree or disagree. This is were I stand.

BTW - I believe analytics is ruining the game.
Cole and Chapman deserve better than this.

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Tough one to watch last night. Part of that due to having to listen to A-Rod throughout the broadcast.

Reaction Score
Give away the farm for Marte from the Diamondbacks. Need a guy who can hit .300, power, good CFer and can run. Please make the trade and give them who they want. We need some baseball players.

Reaction Score
Give away the farm for Marte from the Diamondbacks. Need a guy who can hit .300, power, good CFer and can run. Please make the trade and give them who they want. We need some baseball players.
Cashman "Well we dont value batting average or speed" I rather go dumpster diving is Shane Robinson on a team?"

Reaction Score
Tough one to watch last night. Part of that due to having to listen to A-Rod throughout the broadcast.
Tough to watch when the umpire is calling strikes on the Yankee hitters, when the pitch is 6 inches wide of the strike zone.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Cashman "Well we dont value batting average or speed" I rather go dumpster diving is Shane Robinson on a team?"
Can joey Gallo play centerfield?

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
He'll give you 3-4 WAR every year, but his brain farts will drive you crazy. He just had one Sunday that rivaled Winkle's efforts vs CMU.

Reaction Score
Can joey Gallo play centerfield?

Even if he can he can't hit a lick, although the scary thing is his .207 is an improvement lol. He strikes out a lot too...oh crap Cashman is trading Garcia for him as we speak the stupid bastard! :eek:

Reaction Score
He'll give you 3-4 WAR every year, but his brain farts will drive you crazy. He just had one Sunday that rivaled Winkle's efforts vs CMU.

Yeah but watching the Yanks players now they have brain farts every game so at least he can hit. Have you seen these dopes run the bases in the pinstripes LOL.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Even if he can he can't hit a lick, although the scary thing is his .207 is an improvement lol. He strikes out a lot too...oh crap Cashman is trading Garcia for him as we speak the stupid bastard! :eek:
That was a joke...I really hope they don't get Gallo.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Well the season just gets better. Cole wasn't good against TB his last start. If that's how he gets hit when he doesn't cheat, it's going to be a long 8 more years on his contract.

Reaction Score
Well the season just gets better. Cole wasn't good against TB his last start. If that's how he gets hit when he doesn't cheat, it's going to be a long 8 more years on his contract.

Funny that any “cheating” concerns come from the likes of Josh Donaldson :rolleyes: What a joke he is.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Funny that any “cheating” concerns come from the likes of Josh Donaldson :rolleyes: What a joke he is.
I like they way you continue to ignore that the last time the Yanks won anything the entire team was juiced to the hilt including the bat boys. The Yankees are never victims, they only play that role to the hilt.

Reaction Score
I like they way you continue to ignore that the last time the Yanks won anything the entire team was juiced to the hilt including the bat boys. The Yankees are never victims, they only play that role to the hilt.

You’re a joke with your diction and ignorance. You haven’t won a title without cheaters and if you think you have you’re an idiot. Manny and Ortiz are cheaters, you deny that? Youk cheater, Kaplan cheater, Damon cheater, Varitek cheater. Yanks had plenty obviously I don’t deny that, he’ll maybe Jeter did I don’t know. But please don’t deny the technology part in the CF camera is much worst than someone actually stealing catchers signs while on 2nd base. Not comparable at all.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Yet another base runner thrown out thinking about going to 3rd on a hard ground ball to SS, are you kidding me? Odor is awful I know but at what point, after seeing numerous base run blunders, do you hold management accountable?

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
Yet another base runner thrown out thinking about going to 3rd on a hard ground ball to SS, are you kidding me? Odor is awful I know but at what point, after seeing numerous base run blunders, do you hold management accountable?
Took my kids to the game today. They were excited to see Judge and Stanton for the first time in person. Neither played.

Reaction Score
Took my kids to the game today. They were excited to see Judge and Stanton for the first time in person. Neither played.

That’s awful sad feel bad for your kids sorry to hear that. Back spasms :rolleyes:

StllH8L8ner

Reaction Score
That’s awful sad feel bad for your kids sorry to hear that. Back spasms :rolleyes:
It was a bummer but they had a good time even though the Yanks got a beat down. Cotton candy, whiffle ball swings and shooting fake hot dogs at targets made up for it. There will be other opportunities to see Judge and Stanton (I hope), but I will say it was nice to be back in a full stadium.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom