The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021 | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official Thread of the New York Yankees - 2021

Reaction Score
What is up with the Odor trade? They didn't give up much, but they aren't getting much.

Low average, strikes out a lot but has power. Sound familiar? Other than being left handed...hard to see how he helps.

He has a mean right hook. Can be the Yankees designated puncher.

Reaction Score
What is up with the Odor trade? They didn't give up much, but they aren't getting much.

Low average, strikes out a lot but has power. Sound familiar? Other than being left handed...hard to see how he helps.

Is there a team who's hitters pattern would fit any better than the Yanks for a .231/.289 lifetime hitter who strikes out about every 3rd AB? Unbelievable they need hitters who can hit .300 and get on base vs good pitching.

ShakyTheMohel

Is it 11:11 yet?
Reaction Score
Is there a team who's hitters pattern would fit any better than the Yanks for a .231/.289 lifetime hitter who strikes out about every 3rd AB? Unbelievable they need hitters who can hit .300 and get on base vs good pitching.
Seriously...what is this about? He isn't even that great defensively.

Only thing I can come up with is he is a lefty. I would rather play Tyler wade.

I just don't get it.

Reaction Score
Seriously...what is this about? He isn't even that great defensively.

Only thing I can come up with is he is a lefty. I would rather play Tyler wade.

I just don't get it.

Yep lefty. Best bet was Didi coming back so that our Yanks weren’t stuck with a less than a average SS in Torres. Cashman had is chances he did nothing and last night just showed the norm now, a team who strikes out a lot with RISP. Add to it 5 games in a guy who goes 3-5 with 4 RBI needs to sit out with “general soreness” there’s your same ol cant possibly win a WS team. I don’t get it either.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Why do the Yankees completely lose control of their anal orifices when they see the Rays in the other dugout?

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Why do the Yankees completely lose control of their anal orifices when they see the Rays in the other dugout?
It's hard to watch. Honestly...it's more than the Rays right now..the team is playing awful. I am sure they will go on a hot streak against the tigers and Orioles and make the playoffs only to get knocked out in the first round.

Hard to be optimistic with this team.

UconnU

Demolish the XL center.
Reaction Score
It's hard to watch. Honestly...it's more than the Rays right now..the team is playing awful. I am sure they will go on a hot streak against the tigers and Orioles and make the playoffs only to get knocked out in the first round.

Hard to be optimistic with this team.
They don’t seem to have any energy, team cohesion. Not typically a problem so much in baseball but this team is lifeless.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
They don’t seem to have any energy, team cohesion. Not typically a problem so much in baseball but this team is lifeless.
They're adding too many ex-Pirates.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
I saw one inning today. Aaron Hicks was a butcher in CF.

Reaction Score
They don't have the heart, soul and fire of a baseball team that can do much. Throw in that they're stuck with Stanton, who shows-up every 5th game to hit a HR and then goes back to bed, Hicks who is a shadow of himself since his injury, and an overall .220 batting average, just...

Reaction Score
They don't have the heart, soul and fire of a baseball team that can do much. Throw in that they're stuck with Stanton, who shows-up every 5th game to hit a HR and then goes back to bed, Hicks who is a shadow of himself since his injury, and an overall .220 batting average, just...
They’re awful, they desperately need a good hitting coach. Boone has to go. I say offer Buck a decent contract and complete control of the team.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
wow. only a handful of games in, and the eulogies are flying. way, way, too soon.
typically, somewhere around mid to late june, when teams' starting and relief pitching can begin to be more reasonably evaluated, is when prognostication can have the patina of real insight. today is april 22, and i have snow squalls flying around the yard. not enuf to build a snowman, yet the day is still young.

Reaction Score
They’re awful, they desperately need a good hitting coach. Boone has to go. I say offer Buck a decent contract and complete control of the team.

I feel sorry for the "hitting" coach. They don't need a hitting coach they need hitters. They're a dreadful hitting team, more concerned with swinging hard and exit velocity than actually trying to hit .280 or better (should be .300 or better). Don't even change their focus on 2 strikes hence why they strike out so much. Again yesterday a crappy Cleveland starter and one inning with back to back homers and nothing else. This isn't going to change until they get real hitters.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
I am already bored with this season. Even if they win 10 in a row, it really doesn't matter. Good pitchers (or any Tampa pitcher) will shut them down in the post season.

If Cashman goes into the post season with this lineup...and they bow out in the first two rounds of the playoffs....he needs to go.

I was hoping Torres and Frazier would bust out this year and give the lineup some consistency....so far....nope. The season is young....but they haven't been good.

I will give Cashman credit for building a strong bullpen year after year. But his love affair with home runs is not working.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
okeydoke. a quick spin around mlb standings shows that most teams are around .500, plus or minus, and the bombers are a good, long weekend behind. this 'end of the world' stuff feels oddly like 2 seasons back, in july, when some here were legally disallowed from playing with sharp knives. you can look it up, or mebbe i'll just back up the ford.

Reaction Score
I feel sorry for the "hitting" coach. They don't need a hitting coach they need hitters. They're a dreadful hitting team, more concerned with swinging hard and exit velocity than actually trying to hit .280 or better (should be .300 or better). Don't even change their focus on 2 strikes hence why they strike out so much. Again yesterday a crappy Cleveland starter and one inning with back to back homers and nothing else. This isn't going to change until they get real hitters.
Oh yes they do, although I’m not saying they don’t need a couple better players also. They haven’t had a good hitting coach that could make a difference since Tony Pena, Mattingly, and Don Zimmer well before that. Boston was never rolling with great raw talent but their players could always hit. Don Zimmer was one of the reasons.

Reaction Score
Oh yes they do, although I’m not saying they don’t need a couple better players also. They haven’t had a good hitting coach that could make a difference since Tony Pena, Mattingly, and Don Zimmer well before that. Boston was never rolling with great raw talent but their players could always hit. Don Zimmer was one of the reasons.

Please it's the major leagues either you can hit or you can't. Throw out a bunch of crappy hitters like they have any batting coach will look dreadful. You don't think they're reviewing pitching, hitting the cage to work on the 2 strike approach, trying to change their stances to begin or their kicks? They are and they just have a group of crappy hitters. Marcus Thames will get the rap for Cashman putting together a horrible offensive team. Besides DJ who on this team do you figure can hit .280? Who of Gardner, Hicks, Sanchez, Tuchman can hit above .230 lucky if they hit .200? I mean maybe Judge at .270 he's now highly ioverated when he even is healthy and the same with Stanton. Urshella maybe .250 good year. This is a very bad hitting team add to it defenively a joke mainly because he left Torres at SS and he's not good there at all. I feel for Thames he's next but it should be Cashman he's done!

Reaction Score
Please it's the major leagues either you can hit or you can't. Throw out a bunch of crappy hitters like they have any batting coach will look dreadful. You don't think they're reviewing pitching, hitting the cage to work on the 2 strike approach, trying to change their stances to begin or their kicks? They are and they just have a group of crappy hitters. Marcus Thames will get the rap for Cashman putting together a horrible offensive team. Besides DJ who on this team do you figure can hit .280? Who of Gardner, Hicks, Sanchez, Tuchman can hit above .230 lucky if they hit .200? I mean maybe Judge at .270 he's now highly ioverated when he even is healthy and the same with Stanton. Urshella maybe .250 good year. This is a very bad hitting team add to it defenively a joke mainly because he left Torres at SS and he's not good there at all. I feel for Thames he's next but it should be Cashman he's done!
Agree with you on Cashman, but these guys didn’t make it to the big leagues by winning a lottery. They made it into the majors because they are or were good enough to be professional ball players. Even pros can however pick up bad habits at the plate and can allow an average pitcher at best like Matt Harvey to look like Tom Seaver. Why all of a sudden many many times does a traded player, who was hitting 235 all of a sudden start hitting the cover off the ball for his new team???? It’s a new team with coaches who can recognize what he might be doing wrong with his stance, his swing, holding the bat, stepping into the pitch, using too much pine tar, etc. I played D1 baseball and coaches teach all the time. Yankees haven’t had decent coaches since Mel Stot and Zimmer and Mattingly. Boone needs to go, along with most of the present coaching crew.

Here’s a good article on the state of coaching in Major League Baseball..........

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Agree with you on Cashman, but these guys didn’t make it to the big leagues by winning a lottery. They made it into the majors because they are or were good enough to be professional ball players. Even pros can however pick up bad habits at the plate and can allow an average pitcher at best like Matt Harvey to look like Tom Seaver. Why all of a sudden many many times does a traded player, who was hitting 235 all of a sudden start hitting the cover off the ball for his new team???? It’s a new team with coaches who can recognize what he might be doing wrong with his stance, his swing, holding the bat, stepping into the pitch, using too much pine tar, etc. I played D1 baseball and coaches teach all the time. Yankees haven’t had decent coaches since Mel Stot and Zimmer and Mattingly. Boone needs to go, along with most of the present coaching crew.

Here’s a good article on the state of coaching in Major League Baseball..........

Agree with much of what you point out but it’s the overall Yankee analytics and philosophy that hurts the hitters. They prefer the HR for whatever reason as does baseball overall for the most part. I’m sure you see all over the stats for all teams a lot of guys who will bat .210 but will hit 15-20 and drive in a few and that gets you millions still. It has made baseball atrocious overall and pitching look spectacular at times. The Sox seem to have guys who care about putting the ball in play and I respect that wish we had the same for the Yanks but for now there needs to be a dramatic change of roster soon. Trade some people ASAP while teams still believe they have some potential. Please rid yourself of Sanchez, Tauchman, Hicks maybe even Torres who you can get something for. Hold out hope for he and Frazier but I know players slump but this is pathetic right now. Tough to watch. Keep backloading and swing for the fences it’s working real well.

ShakyTheMohel

Reaction Score
Agree with much of what you point out but it’s the overall Yankee analytics and philosophy that hurts the hitters. They prefer the HR for whatever reason as does baseball overall for the most part. I’m sure you see all over the stats for all teams a lot of guys who will bat .210 but will hit 15-20 and drive in a few and that gets you millions still. It has made baseball atrocious overall and pitching look spectacular at times. The Sox seem to have guys who care about putting the ball in play and I respect that wish we had the same for the Yanks but for now there needs to be a dramatic change of roster soon. Trade some people ASAP while teams still believe they have some potential. Please rid yourself of Sanchez, Tauchman, Hicks maybe even Torres who you can get something for. Hold out hope for he and Frazier but I know players slump but this is pathetic right now. Tough to watch. Keep backloading and swing for the fences it’s working real well.
Generally agree...except I like Tauchman...at least he can play defense. I just don't get Cashman's love for Hicks. He gave him a very nice contract considering the results he had seen at that time.

Reaction Score
This team might not make the playoffs I’m absolutely serious. Last year they went 33-27, went 17-3 against the Redsox and Orioles. DJ doesn’t bat .363 and Voit doesn’t have an MVP caliber year they finish below .500. Teams see how TB beat us last year and this year. Honestly would prefer we don’t make the playoffs so serious changes get made.

Yankee brass just cares about making the playoffs and try to sell the fan base on the image of the hr with the short porch in right.

Last edited:

StllH8L8ner

You’ll get nothing and like it!
Reaction Score
Is there more frustrating player than Clint Frazier? Watching the game just now, he leads off the inning with a rope to LCF and legs out a double. Next batter Higoshioka hits a two hopper to the SS directly in front of Frazier....he takes off for third where he's tagged out by about 15 feet. I coach my kid's instructional league team and they know better than to run on that.

Reaction Score
Is there more frustrating player than Clint Frazier? Watching the game just now, he leads off the inning with a rope to LCF and legs out a double. Next batter Higoshioka hits a two hopper to the SS directly in front of Frazier....he takes off for third where he's tagged out by about 15 feet. I coach my kid's instructional league team and they know better than to run on that.

This team is poorly coached and player development is an sucks Gleyber, Sanchez, and Frazier have all gotten worse when they should be better. Florial still isnt here, i'm afraid they will try to make Jasson Dominguez a swing for the fences hitter and ignore his defense.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
okeydoke. a quick spin around mlb standings shows that most teams are around .500, plus or minus, and the bombers are a good, long weekend behind. this 'end of the world' stuff feels oddly like 2 seasons back, in july, when some here were legally disallowed from playing with sharp knives. you can look it up, or mebbe i'll just back up the ford.

hey, look! yanks just put up a 7-3 stretch! imagine that. up at the top now for homers, too. and ol luke, last season's homer champ, hasn't even sniffed the on deck circle yet. like the newer 3ball thinking in hoops, feels like the newer baseball change to long ball plus lights out bullpens is a real thing, too. can the bomber/ flamethrowers do that? gee, i wonder. not. and apparently, mr. chapman is, well, mr. chapman. so far, throwing 100+ easy, and currently, unhitable. who knew?
gerrit cole is the best pitcher in baseball.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom