OT: - The OFFICIAL NBA Draft Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The OFFICIAL NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Swanigan and Giles for the Blazers. Love both of those picks.
Agree blazers have picked well. Am I the only one who thinks the mavericks got the steal of the draft with Smith. I think he's gonna be REAL good.

Reaction Score
Ojeleye at 37 for the Celtics. Glad to see the AAC represented.

Reaction Score
Agree blazers have picked well. Am I the only one who thinks the mavericks got the steal of the draft with Smith. I think he's gonna be REAL good.
No, I think there is a solid chance he is the second best player in the draft after Ball.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Ojelay pick means they're looking to move Crowder and Bradley/Smart for star. If not Semi is fairly redundant in Boston.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Try again dofus, here is a little thing called proof:

June 18, 2010: DraftExpress: Mock Draft

June 23, 2010: 2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Funny thing is I could keep posting their updates, like this one from July of 2010: 2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

which has him going 19th, so you could not be more wrong, but that is a common theme with you

2010 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net
2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net
Better
Try again dofus, here is a little thing called proof:

June 18, 2010: DraftExpress: Mock Draft

June 23, 2010: 2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

Funny thing is I could keep posting their updates, like this one from July of 2010: 2011 Mock Draft | NBADraft.net

which has him going 19th, so you could not be more wrong, but that is a common theme with you

You can cherry pick all the dates you want but here are the last consensus mocks before the draft both years
No need for name calling that trait belongs belongs to a snowflake but if the shoe fits...........................
common theme? grow a pair

So here's a little thing called proof

Reaction Score
Damn, apparently the Warriors paid $3.5 million to draft Jordan Bell.

Reaction Score
The Warriors just committed armed robbery on Chicago w/ Jordan Bell. He's a potentially devastating player to round out a five man lineup around Steph, Klay, Draymond, and KD. Great rebounder, great shot blocker, good passer, can switch 1-5. Not sure how the league let him land in Golden State's lap like that, their coaching staff has to be giddy.

Reaction Score
Jordan Bell will probably fit in nicely for GSW, rim protection, rim runs, and lobs.

Reaction Score
No Amida or Rodney as was obviously expected. Hopefully one of them can catch on with a team during Summer League

Reaction Score
The Warriors just committed armed robbery on Chicago w/ Jordan Bell. He's a potentially devastating player to round out a five man lineup around Steph, Klay, Draymond, and KD. Great rebounder, great shot blocker, good passer, can switch 1-5. Not sure how the league let him land in Golden State's lap like that, their coaching staff has to be giddy.
For a second I thought the Bulls actually made a great pick, should have known that isn't possible with Gar and Pax running things. Don't know how the cash works but it will probably just end up in Reinsdorf's pocket.

Reaction Score
I may be old (30s) but I know teenagers would rather be out with their friends partying and chasing girls while on summer vacation then sitting around watching the draft. Times may have changed but they ain't changed that much.

The draft is only 1 night man, younger people love watching it. I can only imagine what it would be like for a kid who has a reasonable shot of being on that stage within the next couple years. Those kids lives change literally the second their name is called.

Reaction Score
No, I think there is a solid chance he is the second best player in the draft after Ball.

Giles was picked by the Kings essentially as part of their already agreed upon trade with Portland. Vlade actually made out pretty decent, though he did pass up on Monk and the opportunity to bring Fox/Monk in together, and I'd imagine at least 1 of those 2 hit and turn into a very good player.

Reaction Score
Better

You can cherry pick all the dates you want but here are the last consensus mocks before the draft both years
No need for name calling that trait belongs belongs to a snowflake but if the shoe fits.......

Why would Kemba be projected into the 201o draft? He wasn't in it. That wasn't the discussion. What you want is a projection from 2010 that shows what people thought about the 2011 draft.

Jerry showed that in 2010, Kemba was projected by some in the next year's lottery.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I wonder if the Ojelay pick means they're looking to move Crowder and Bradley/Smart for star. If not Semi is fairly redundant in Boston.

I was thinking the same, and they picked a couple of guards with the late picks if I'm not mistaken. Could be the insurance plans in case a blockbuster trade happens, but at this point I'm wondering for who? Don't lose a lot for PG who is likely to go to LA a year later, Jimmy B is gone... who were the other major trade targets?

Reaction Score
Better

No need for name calling that trait belongs belongs to a snowflake but if the shoe fits.......

Man you are dumb, I knew you couldn't write but you also apparently can't read. The question was where was Kemba projected in the 2011 draft at the time of the 2010 draft. So why are you showing me 2010 drafts????

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Giles was picked by the Kings essentially as part of their already agreed upon trade with Portland. Vlade actually made out pretty decent, though he did pass up on Monk and the opportunity to bring Fox/Monk in together, and I'd imagine at least 1 of those 2 hit and turn into a very good player.

Didn't take monk because they're in love with Hield.

Reaction Score
Almost feel like someone has to go contrarian on the Bulls pickups.
1. I didn't see a lick of him last year, but are we really sure that Kris Dunn stinks? Isn't it at least possible that he had a tough adjustment year and like most PGs it takes a few years to get up to NBA speed?
2. Lavine is very good, all about health there
3. I like the Finn although I'd have taken someone else he certainly fits multiple positions, shoot 3's well. I think his upside is more poor man's Dirk than rich man's Channing Frye.

Celtics:
Butler: So equivalent Bulls trade woulda been Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and #3 for Butler. If Celts are right to stand pat comes down to is Tatum a top-20 NBA player, if so better to stay put and keep building.
George: I don't think its happening, issue is that they'll box themselves out of free agent signings and give up 2-3 starter-types & potential stars to get 1 superstar. I think this all comes down to competing against the likes of the Cavs and Warriors, you can't give up the farm in a trade for one superstar because you need 3.
Zinger: This is toughest one. I think he's so potentially good that I would trade Brown, Smart and #3 for him. I wouldn't add next year's Brooklyn #1 as well, but IF they could have gotten it done or still could with Tatum (or Brookyn's 2018), Brown & Smart (or any combo with Bradley/Crowder for Brown or Smart) then you have to do it. I love Isaiah, but you aren't winning the NBA title with him as your best guy. Hopefully Phil has totally alienated and pissed Porzingis off and the price drops correlated to Phil's declining BBIQ. Stay ready to swoop in when the Knicks are 3-20 to start the season.

Reaction Score
Didn't take monk because they're in love with Hield.

Yeah they are, just saying what I would have done. I think at least 1 of Fox/Monk turn out to be a real player, if not both, and it would have helped both players to have that continuity. I probably wouldn't question what they did if it wasn't the Kings though.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
Yeah they are, just saying what I would have done. I think at least 1 of Fox/Monk turn out to be a real player, if not both, and it would have helped both players to have that continuity. I probably wouldn't question what they did if it wasn't the Kings though.

LOL. So true.

Monk was arguably BPA there. And the continuity factor woudl've been nice.

I'm ok with them reaching for Jackson cause it helps the celtics. :)

Reaction Score
Almost feel like someone has to go contrarian on the Bulls pickups.
1. I didn't see a lick of him last year, but are we really sure that Kris Dunn stinks? Isn't it at least possible that he had a tough adjustment year and like most PGs it takes a few years to get up to NBA speed?
2. Lavine is very good, all about health there
3. I like the Finn although I'd have taken someone else he certainly fits multiple positions, shoot 3's well. I think his upside is more poor man's Dirk than rich man's Channing Frye.

Celtics:
Butler: So equivalent Bulls trade woulda been Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart and #3 for Butler. If Celts are right to stand pat comes down to is Tatum a top-20 NBA player, if so better to stay put and keep building.
George: I don't think its happening, issue is that they'll box themselves out of free agent signings and give up 2-3 starter-types & potential stars to get 1 superstar. I think this all comes down to competing against the likes of the Cavs and Warriors, you can't give up the farm in a trade for one superstar because you need 3.
Zinger: This is toughest one. I think he's so potentially good that I would trade Brown, Smart and #3 for him. I wouldn't add next year's Brooklyn #1 as well, but IF they could have gotten it done or still could with Tatum (or Brookyn's 2018), Brown & Smart (or any combo with Bradley/Crowder for Brown or Smart) then you have to do it. I love Isaiah, but you aren't winning the NBA title with him as your best guy. Hopefully Phil has totally alienated and pissed Porzingis off and the price drops correlated to Phil's declining BBIQ. Stay ready to swoop in when the Knicks are 3-20 to start the season.

I'm skeptical on Lavine, and am happy Celts didn't give up Brown + #3 for KP. Would have been fine with Celts offering Brown OR #3, the Lakers/Kings pick, and whatever else Phil might have wanted though. That still would have been a good haul for the Knicks.

Reaction Score
Ojeleye at 37 is a steal. He may not be a star, but with his shooting and strength, he's at minimum a bench player who could play some small ball 4 and stretch the floor. He was mocked at 22 and fell.

Also liked Hart at 30 for the Lakers. Good chance that he's this year's Brogdon.

I also agree that Smith Jr is the forgotten star of the draft. I wanted the Celtics to trade for a pick and grab him.

KembaStepback

Rains Triples
Reaction Score
Sacramento won this draft. Fox and Giles are good character guys with ridiculously high ceilings. Perfect fit.

Knicks passing on Monk might be a mistake, but glad he landed next to Kemba in Buzz City.

I know the Knicks needed a PG and maybe FN will turn into a beast, but I like Dennis Smith.

I think the Celtics missed an opportunity to go after Cleveland. If they gave #3, BKL #1 pick next yr, and Brown for KP, then signed Heyward, they'd be a FORCE. A lineup with IT, AB, GH, KP and AH is awesome. They'd still have Smart and Crowder and Olynyk off the bench too. That's a very talented and deep team. They'd be fun to watch.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom