OT: - The OFFICIAL NBA Draft Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The OFFICIAL NBA Draft Thread

Reaction Score
Not getting this Luke Kennard love at all. How is he moving up? Based on him shooting lights out in workouts? What were people expecting?

More than ever, you can not compete with guys who are total liabilities on the defensive end. Absurd. I have even heard teams thinking about slotting him as a PG. Good Lord.

Reaction Score
The Vertical Draft show just started FWIW. Better product than ESPN IMO.

LINK

Reaction Score
I love Jalen but he's barely been on the NBA radar.

I really think he goes 1st round next year. He has all the tools and solid measurables and I really think he will absolutely blow up next season. After watching these guys at Brewster, I am really having a hard time seeing Mitchell go in the lotto and Jalen off the radar. Mitchell is a freak athlete but his ball skills are limited and he is going to get eaten up by attacking defensive PG's. I don't think being at UCONN has done much for him these past 2 years.

Reaction Score
My gut is telling me that my Celts will regret giving up Fultz. I wasnt feeling it a day ago.

Reaction Score
Weird to me how so many people seem to be cooling on Lonzo Ball, he's hands down the best player in the draft to me.

Reaction Score
My gut is telling me that my Celts will regret giving up Fultz. I wasnt feeling it a day ago.

Reaction Score
I agree. He's like a mix of mccollum and harden imo, dunno why ainge wouldn't covet that. Having said that, Jackson is probably my favorite player in this draft. Tatum is a notch below because he doesn't bring those crazy athletic gifts to the table.

Reaction Score
Danny has found himself in a bit of a pinch, he honestly should look to move further down in the draft because every penny counts. Clearing max room for a Hayward is now harder with the lowered cap ... gonna probably have to move on from smart / rozier too. Maybe trade zizic and yabousele too

Reaction Score
Weird to me how so many people seem to be cooling on Lonzo Ball, he's hands down the best player in the draft to me.

Me too. I think the draft is overrated in general but I am extremely high on Ball. Even more than Fultz. Somehow there is this idea that Fultz is a much better athlete and shooter than Lonzo even though neither are true. Fultz is lot craftier and not in the same universe in creating mid range shots for himself, but he isn't a very good finisher, either.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
All but like 11 of balls shorts were either dunks/layups or 3s.

He doesn't create much mid game. It's crazy.

We haven't seen a guy like him.

But Danny basically traded himself back into the same spot he was in last year. With a clear drop off from he 2 guys ahead of him.

Next year all 4 top 4 guys would go ahead of fultz imo. At least as of right now so you hope the lakers don't get George and suck one more year.

Reaction Score
Me too. I think the draft is overrated in general but I am extremely high on Ball. Even more than Fultz. Somehow there is this idea that Fultz is a much better athlete and shooter than Lonzo even though neither are true. Fultz is lot craftier and not in the same universe in creating mid range shots for himself, but he isn't a very good finisher, either.

Thing with fultz is he will play the ball screen, beat you off the bounce and dunk on you in the lane. Big hands, strong legs. Ball has a better feel for the game rn, he is eons better as an off ball cutter and transition passer. My worry with lonzo is if he couldn't impose his will on games at the collegiate level (low usage ), how is he gonna execute getting trapped every pnr with the help side d of nba athletes ?

Reaction Score
All but like 11 of balls shorts were either dunks/layups or 3s.

He doesn't create much mid game. It's crazy.

We haven't seen a guy like him.

But Danny basically traded himself back into the same spot he was in last year. With a clear drop off from he 2 guys ahead of him.

Next year all 4 top 4 guys would go ahead of fultz imo. At least as of right now so you hope the lakers don't get George and suck one more year.

Isn't that the ideal style for todays NBA? 3's and dunks? If Ball's shot holds up at the next level, the sky is the limit.

Save for that Bennett class, people always seem to be higher on next years top prospects. Remember the hype of Wiggins and Jabari going into their freshman years? Its an obvious statement but the more guys get seen, the more the shine comes off.

Reaction Score
I don't get it either, it seems most point to Fultz wingspan and athleticism. Ball has the same wingspan and is every bit as good an athlete as Fultz. Ball looks awkward sometimes and his shot is really awkward but effective. I don't really care much about any of that though. What I do know is what separates Ball from all the other players is his feel for the game, it's extremely uncommon. A 6'6 pure point guard with that kind of rarely seen feel, seems to me people are overthinking this.

Reaction Score
Thing with fultz is he will play the ball screen, beat you off the bounce and dunk on you in the lane. Big hands, strong legs. Ball has a better feel for the game rn, he is eons better as an off ball cutter and transition passer. My worry with lonzo is if he couldn't impose his will on games at the collegiate level (low usage ), how is he gonna execute getting trapped every pnr with the help side d of nba athletes ?

Lonzo is an incredibly unusual prospect and I could be way off. I really think he did impose his will on the game even with his 18% usage or whatever it was. Lonzo just makes guys so much better around him. The vision is just not paralleled. The NBA is an entirely different game but if these guys switched college jerseys, I have a really difficult time seeing UCLA being better and UW being worse.

the Q

Reaction Score
I don't get it either, it seems most point to Fultz wingspan and athleticism. Ball has the same wingspan and is every bit as good an athlete as Fultz. Ball looks awkward sometimes and his shot is really awkward but effective. I don't really care much about any of that though. What I do know is what separates Ball from all the other players is his feel for the game, it's extremely uncommon. A 6'6 pure point guard with that kind of rarely seen feel, seems to me people are overthinking this.

Yes I'm still hoping the lakers screw up and take Jackson or fox

Reaction Score

There was speculation that Ball's game wasn't going to translate on the college level either. I specifically remember discussing this with BlueDogHouse before the season even started. His game is so different that people can't believe its legit.

the Q

Reaction Score
We'll see

I said right now. He can step up and go to the next level, but he's not an elite athlete. That's a big concern. Look what happened to Hamilton after the combine. His stock tanked.

the Q

Reaction Score
There was speculation that Ball's game wasn't going to translate on the college level either. I specifically remember discussing this with BlueDogHouse before the season even started. His game is so different that people can't believe its legit.

He was born to run Walton's offense

Reaction Score
Is there any way to go back and look at that? Feels pretty dubious after Kemba's Sophomore year.
Do you think I just made these up outta thin air? It's called the internet. Use the way back machine it can show any websites how they were from past dates.

Reaction Score
I remember that.

Reaction Score
I said right now. He can step up and go to the next level, but he's not an elite athlete. That's a big concern. Look what happened to Hamilton after the combine. His stock tanked.
He was better from 3, on par from FT, better overall, higher ppg, higher A:T. And we know he's not an outright liability on defense.

We all knew DHam was making a mistake declaring. We saw this coming. I know you said "right now" but "right now" doesn't matter.

Reaction Score
I thought maybe Jeff Goodman would have gotten better on TV with the experience. Nope.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom