The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
16th BA, 29th SLG, 25th OPS, 26th FP - far below the hype. #2 ERA wasted.
Thanks for the numbers. Grim. I imagine the combination of offensive and defensive numbers has got to be near the bottom; but yes the real story is the wasting of that ERA. It is damned near impossible to do what they are doing.

Reaction Score
Thanks for the numbers. Grim. I imagine the combination of offensive and defensive numbers has got to be near the bottom; but yes the real story is the wasting of that ERA. It is damned near impossible to do what they are doing.
Right now they're tied for 14th in Defensive Runs Saved at +4, Cubs are last at -17. Kind of surprised they're not lower on the list

Curiouser
Reaction Score
ARod is a tool but he knows the game and provides good insight imo. He is savaging Lindor’s lazy swings.

Gonna be epic if he doesn’t solve this.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
hehe
'beat the mets, beat the mets, head to the park and defeat the mets!'
i'll see my way out now. have a nice day!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dammit. MRI for right sided tightness. Unbelievable.

Reaction Score
In a weird way could a small precautionary DL stint jump start the offense? Yup. That’s pathetic. I know.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
In a weird way could a small precautionary DL stint jump start the offense? Yup. That’s pathetic. I know.
At this point the only guy truly in need of a jump start is Lindor, whose slump unquestionably caused the firings and is putting a funk on the whole team. It's a huge distraction and it's getting worse by the game, especially as his swing gets worse and worse and he looks more and more clueless about how to cure it.

Winning cures everything and if he was batting even .200 we'd probably have a few more wins, which is a big difference in perception this early. Perception has a way of becoming reality and right now the perception is that he is lost.

Reaction Score
At this point the only guy truly in need of a jump start is Lindor, whose slump unquestionably caused the firings and is putting a funk on the whole team. It's a huge distraction and it's getting worse by the game, especially as his swing gets worse and worse and he looks more and more clueless about how to cure it.

Winning cures everything and if he was batting even .200 we'd probably have a few more wins, which is a big difference in perception this early. Perception has a way of becoming reality and right now the perception is that he is lost.

They were just talking about him on ESPN radio and how his upper and lower half are completely out of sync right now and how that's not an easy thing to fix. It's not like something a bloop single will just snap him out of it all. Awesome.

Reaction Score
I think getting rid of Chili Davis will wake the team up. Hitting coaches barely matter, but it can't hurt to get rid of the worst hitting coach in the league

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They were just talking about him on ESPN radio and how his upper and lower half are completely out of sync right now and how that's not an easy thing to fix. It's not like something a bloop single will just snap him out of it all. Awesome.
That's the thing. They've actually done a good job of analyzing it on TV and breaking down where and how he is off. I get that it's not an easy fix, but he's been brushing it off for weeks now like it's nothing, and Chili probably sealed his fate by taking an approach that basically let the guy try to solve it himself.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
i get the thinking that mr lindor's age should lead to his now heading into the primetime for his career. i get the thinking that mr lindor is a superior defensive player. what i don't get is the thinking that he was/will be some kind of offensive juggernaut, considering that his baseball card demonstrates that he is a .280, 20+ hr, 70 rbi kind of hitter. im not an anti-lindor kind of fan, i just never understood the offensive hype for him. on the udder hand, no team is really hitting so far this year, with team batting averaging around .230, so mebbe the panic is premature.
hugh quattlebaum to the rescue? wait, what? what did he ever do?

Reaction Score
The Phillies series plus the start of the Cardinal series seems to have shaken the bats loose a little bit. Really need Lindor to wake up though. Fingers crossed for deGrom...

Reaction Score
If punching McNeil was all it took to wake Lindor up I wish it happened 3 weeks ago

Reaction Score
They are doing a real good job deflecting it if there was no scuffle.. Rat / raccoon / possum hahah

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They are doing a real good job deflecting it if there was no scuffle.. Rat / raccoon / possum hahah
Yeah I have no idea what happened there. Interesting turn.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It wasn’t always pretty—especially getting that last out—but five in a row is five in a row. As long as Jake‘s issue isn’t serious, I’ll take it.

Reaction Score
It wasn’t always pretty—especially getting that last out—but five in a row is five in a row. As long as Jake‘s issue isn’t serious, I’ll take it.
UConn alumnus Nick Ahmed is too good to pop out in front of the plate!

This bullpen could actually be a weapon going forward especially when Lugo comes back. I also can’t wait for carassco and/or Thor to come back to solidify the rotation.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Diaz is a stud this year. Could have mentally shutdown after the Mets screwed up the last out like little leaguers.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom