The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Reaction Score
Also, the bullpen has been very good. When they get back Lugo, Carassco, and Thor, they have the potential to be one of the best and deepest set of arms in baseball.

Reaction Score
Lat Injuries in Baseball Pitchers

"The final reason I believe we are seeing so many more injuries takes all these into consideration, however, may be the final straw that broke the camel’s back. In addition to the above, the culture of baseball now is pushing velocity at all costs." -- No mystery, deGrom's velocity is higher than it's ever been and higher than 99% of all pitchers currently.

1. Lat injuries need to be shut down from throwing for longer than you think. On average, I tend to shut players down for 4-6 weeks, but now that we are identifying these injuries sooner before they become huge injuries, I sometimes consider as soon as 2 weeks.
  2. The chance of reinjury is high. I have seen many players reinjure their lats from trying to come back too soon, or progressing too fast.

Reaction Score
Is Mazeika a wizard? 0 hits. 2 walk offs. Why am I already confident with this guy up with the game on the line?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So what do we expect when the Dark Knight returns today?

I expect win number seven in a row.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
4 IP, 7 H, 2 BB, 4 K, 4 ER. Meh.
I'd love it if that line happened with the four strikeouts coming first to build the drama like the old days and get him thinking that he's going to have an epic performance, only to crumble in an epic breakdown--just like the old days.

Even better if later revealed that he was out until 3:00 a.m. today before pitching.

Reaction Score
I'd love it if that line happened with the four strikeouts coming first to build the drama like the old days and get him thinking that he's going to have an epic performance, only to crumble in an epic breakdown--just like the old days.

Even better if later revealed that he was out until 3:00 a.m. today before pitching.
I do hope the fans give him a decent welcoming when he takes the field. I will always wonder how him pitching past the recommended IP in the postseason when he was coming back from surgery may have impacted him long term. If he ruined a promising career to make a run, we sorta owe him for that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I do hope the fans give him a decent welcoming when he takes the field. I will always wonder how him pitching past the recommended IP in the postseason when he was coming back from surgery may have impacted him long term. If he ruined a promising career to make a run, we sorta owe him for that.
I think he will get a decent welcome from a friendly crowd. Whatever happened to him I think is on him though.

Reaction Score
Not bad Deep!

PitchersIPHRERBBKHRPC-STERA
M. Harvey4.187714078-504.81
Spot on!

Kind of sad seeing him get boxed around. Don't know if you watched but Darling compared him and deGrom and said watching Jake pitch is like watching this amazing machine. He's like a robot assassin. Harvey was more theatrical and fiery and there was more of an energy in the park, connection to the fan's reactions, etc.

In the post game, Harvey admitted the ovation at the beginning had him choked up. I thought that was cool of him to admit.

Reaction Score
I liked the move from a depth perspective when it happened, but I’m done with Lucchesi. He needs to go down even if it’s just to show this level of sucktitude won’t be tolerated.

Reaction Score
I liked the move from a depth perspective when it happened, but I’m done with Lucchesi. He needs to go down even if it’s just to show this level of sucktitude won’t be tolerated.
Agreed. Once Carrasco and Thor are back he’s gone. Lucchesi gives up more in 2 innings than degrom, Stro and Walker do combined.

Reaction Score
I was at game 5 in 2015. 2 run lead, 9 Ks. The energy propelling him to the mound the 9th was papable. It seems he and the franchise took years to recover.

Reaction Score
So I saw this thread on Reddit and it appears he’s been tipping his pitches based on release point. The current top comment shows the release points for him, Peterson, and the robot that is deGrom for comparison.

Reaction Score
So I saw this thread on Reddit and it appears he’s been tipping his pitches based on release point. The current top comment shows the release points for him, Peterson, and the robot that is deGrom for comparison.

Stroman also has very tight release points.

Reaction Score
Conforto and McNeil to the IL. Lugo put to the 60 day DL. Nimmo's return delayed. Let's hope the pitching and Bench Mob can get us through this stretch. Wouldn't hurt for Lindor to maybe throw the team on his back a bit too.

Reaction Score
Conforto and McNeil to the IL. Lugo put to the 60 day DL. Nimmo's return delayed. Let's hope the pitching and Bench Mob can get us through this stretch. Wouldn't hurt for Lindor to maybe throw the team on his back a bit too.
Just have to survive this week somehow and then Nimmo, Davis, Carrasco, Lugo should all be back by the end of May

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Dear Lord. That was brutal. I am queasy after seeing that. I hope Pillar is okay.

Reaction Score
Dear Lord. That was brutal. I am queasy after seeing that. I hope Pillar is okay.
Yeah that was tough to watch. If this team is alive by next week it’ll be a miracle.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom