The Official Mets 2021 Thread | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Official Mets 2021 Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It’s funny, after watching all the pre-game focus on his hitting woes, I was going to post that tonight would be Lindor’s coming out party but I didn’t want to jinx it.

Good for him—and for us!

Reaction Score
JD Davis has regressed in the field, and now I think it's in his head.
Not that I have the slightest idea of what he does now....but the only way to usually get better there is work and reps. A thousand grounders after a thousand grounders. I don't know how much defense we can continue to give up for his bat.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Are there that many women watching these Mets games that it pays to run these Nurx commercials during every break? Same exact one as least season, too. At least mix it up!

Reaction Score
I feel like tonight was next level deGrom. He doesn't care about the run support and it seems like the offense was a little looser than usual and may have turned the corner with him....and, oh by the way, he's literally unhittable right now. This season could really be something special in an all-time perspective. His numbers are a video game.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It's been funny seeing how quickly Mets fans turned on Lindor
I don't think it's that people have turned on the guy. He's not being booed or anything. I think people are just scarred from us having a long history of being snakebitten with big contracts and they are very prematurely worrying about it here. I like what I've been seeing from him attitude-wise. He already seems to be a leader who expects excellence.
Ok, now he is being booed. Heard it last night.

Nice defense, but so far he's more Rey Ordonez than Mookie Betts, Derek Jeter, etc.

And we continue to be the most painfully unclutch team.

Would be nice if he--or anyone--showed up to hit in support of Jake tonight.

Reaction Score
Ok, now he is being booed. Heard it last night.

Nice defense, but so far he's more Rey Ordonez than Mookie Betts, Derek Jeter, etc.

And we continue to be the most painfully unclutch team.

Would be nice if he--or anyone--showed up to hit in support of Jake tonight.
Really looking forward to tonight. For one, I have a ton of Sox fan friends and family and I have been talking lots of smack. Then, seeing if he can string another 14k type game together to keep this thing going. Most though, I just felt last game he pitched the offense looked looser than usual. I mean, literally...if they can score 3 runs, give the pen a little buffer for 1-2 innings, it's a W at this point.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Really looking forward to tonight. For one, I have a ton of Sox fan friends and family and I have been talking lots of smack. Then, seeing if he can string another 14k type game together to keep this thing going. Most though, I just felt last game he pitched the offense looked looser than usual. I mean, literally...if they can score 3 runs, give the pen a little buffer for 1-2 innings, it's a W at this point.
I am so freaking pissed. I reached out to every Mets, Sox and just baseball fan in general among my family and friends to see if anyone was interested to head in for the game tonight. I had a few maybes while I held off buying either a four-person pod from the Mets or one to three tickets from StubHub, etc. I've been watching the tickets a few times an hour or more since last Friday and each time I was about to pull the trigger, one or another potential running partner waffled on either being in or out; and by the time it became clear yesterday morning that I was solo, all the decent singles were gone and now it's $250+ for crap seats.

I decided that I was out if I didn't find one before heading out the door this morning, but of course I keep checking now and watching the clock to see if I could still pull it off which now would involve going back home to change first because I didn't bring a change of clothes.

I'm giving myself until noon...maybe 1:00...

And I have a sinking feeling that if I do go, you will have jinxed it and he is going to get lit up tonight.

But if I don't go, he will pitch a perfect game and also score the only run on a solo HR.

Reaction Score
I am so freaking pissed. I reached out to every Mets, Sox and just baseball fan in general among my family and friends to see if anyone was interested to head in for the game tonight. I had a few maybes while I held off buying either a four-person pod from the Mets or one to three tickets from StubHub, etc. I've been watching the tickets a few times an hour or more since last Friday and each time I was about to pull the trigger, one or another potential running partner waffled on either being in or out; and by the time it became clear yesterday morning that I was solo, all the decent singles were gone and now it's $250+ for crap seats.

I decided that I was out if I didn't find one before heading out the door this morning, but of course I keep checking now and watching the clock to see if I could still pull it off which now would involve going back home to change first because I didn't bring a change of clothes.

I'm giving myself until noon...maybe 1:00...

And I have a sinking feeling that if I do go, you will have jinxed it and he is going to get lit up tonight.

But if I don't go, he will pitch a perfect game and also score the only run on a solo HR.
Or....if you don't go, you'll miss something iconic. 22 K's? Perfect game?

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Or....if you don't go, you'll miss something iconic. 22 K's? Perfect game?
Yes, hence the last line of my post.

It is the cursed mindset of a Mets fan.

Still checking...

Reaction Score
We gotta start hitting, ugh.. This team is too damn good to be getting mystified by crappy Red Sox pitching

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Thank God I didn’t go tonight. I absolutely would have killed a drifter on the way home.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I've been saying this for years. The most notable thing about the Mets during deGrom's tenure will be that no team has ever failed a star like this before. It's criminal:

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Meanwhile, Lindor is getting a quick education about the pressures of playing in New York. It's obviously still early yet, but this has the potential to get ugly quick:
The fans were far more frustrated with the offense, and rightfully so. Francisco Lindor, who recently signed a 10-year, $341 million contract extension, went 0 for 3 with two strikeouts, lowering his batting average to .203, and heard more booing from the impatient fans.

“It’s interesting, and it’s funny, and it sucks,” Lindor said before the game, referring to the booing in the previous game. “It doesn’t feel right, for sure.”

He said it was the first time in his career he had been booed and, curiously, added that he did not consider himself to be slumping.

“They expect results,” Lindor said of the fans. “I expect results, and I get it. It’s part of the job. I just hope they cheer and jump up when I start hitting home runs and helping the team on a daily basis a lot more than I’m doing now.”

Reaction Score
Alvarado strikes out Dom and jaws at him walking off the field.

In the booth, Darling says the Mets should have gone and “got him”. That’s the edge the 86 team had. Ronnie also saying Dom probably regrets not taking him on the next inning.

Are these Mets too nice?

Reaction Score
Now Gary is basically calling them for not throwing down.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
They’re because they found another novel way to lose against a depleted division rival.

May 1 and already they aren’t even worth watching anymore.

What a waste of Uncle $teve’s money.

Reaction Score
We need a good ol' beanball war today, Dom needs to knock out Alvarado in the melee.. This team has to light a fire under itself, somethings gotta give

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom