The Official Bracketology thread, part II (beginning Mar 7) | Page 8 | The Boneyard

The Official Bracketology thread, part II (beginning Mar 7)

Kat

Reaction Score
Took a look at the brackets on ESPN this morning and read that all 4 teams from Indiana will play in Bloomington in the first round.

Reaction Score
Iowa is the type team that could cause SC problems. If Iowa can hit outside and keep Zia in check they could beat SC but they will need phenomenal success with the 3’s. I see Iowa much as I see UConn in regards to beating SC, they both need star players to have great games to have realistic shot at beating SC.
Iowa gunning from the outside vs. SC would be fun to watch. Even more fun for me would be Czinano and all of her post moves go against Boston. It would be interesting to see how tightly the ref's would call Boston's defense.

Reaction Score
Last night's update…

Two up and down seeds, four region changes. And now we await the results.

View attachment 74327
Crème’s latest looks much more accurate. Great for UConn but still think NC State getting hosed as clear Top-3 team all year & firm #1 seed set up for hostile E8 road game.

For sake of fairness, I would swap 1/2 seed pairings in Bridgeport & Wichita, sending NC State/UConn to KS while moving Baylor/Louisville to CT. This way, more deserving NC State gets UConn on neutral floor while weakest #1 Baylor loses regional advantage.

Doing this would also calm any UConn bias notions in down year while preserving South Carolina v. UConn matchup in Championship Game (as opposed to National Semi Final).

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
This would be a great bracket

1647194350387.png

Reaction Score
Here is a comparison of Creme's latest with the last reveal. For me the only surprise is him moving up Tennessee to a 3 seed. The rest make sense to me. (I did not try to order the teams within the seed lines
CremeReveal
1​
South CarolinaSouth Carolina
1​
StanfordStanford
1​
NC StateNC State
1​
BaylorLouisville
2​
LouisvilleBaylor
2​
Iowa StateIowa State
2​
UConnLSU
2​
TexasMichigan
3​
IowaUConn
3​
TennesseeTexas
3​
LSUArizona
3​
MichiganMaryland
4​
ArizonaTennessee
4​
MarylandIowa
4​
IndianaIndiana
4​
OklahomaOklahoma

Reaction Score
Here is a comparison of Creme's latest with the last reveal. For me the only surprise is him moving up Tennessee to a 3 seed. The rest make sense to me. (I did not try to order the teams within the seed lines
CremeReveal
1​
South CarolinaSouth Carolina
1​
StanfordStanford
1​
NC StateNC State
1​
BaylorLouisville
2​
LouisvilleBaylor
2​
Iowa StateIowa State
2​
UConnLSU
2​
TexasMichigan
3​
IowaUConn
3​
TennesseeTexas
3​
LSUArizona
3​
MichiganMaryland
4​
ArizonaTennessee
4​
MarylandIowa
4​
IndianaIndiana
4​
OklahomaOklahoma
If we are 7, wouldn't we be in Stanford's bracket?

Reaction Score
If we are 7, wouldn't we be in Stanford's bracket?
As i noted in my post--i did NOT order within the seed lines we do not know that detail, and we may not know it for the official bracket

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Baylor back down to #2 seed - "Baylor is back to a No. 2 seed. All the momentum that the Bears had established on their charge to the Big 12 tournament final was shut down by Texas on Sunday. The Longhorns' impressive performance solidifies their spot on the 2-line, but also drags Baylor back there to join them. Louisville, which had held the No. 1 seed in Wichita for weeks prior to a pair of losses in its final five games and Baylor's 12-game winning streak, retakes that fourth and final No. 1 seed. The Cardinals and the Bears are both in the Wichita Regional."

BRS24

LisaG
Reaction Score
Her Hoop Stats projecting Notre Dame replacing Oklahoma in top 16:

Reaction Score
Creme has Missouri in Bridgeport as an 11 seed - he also has them in the play-in game against Villanova to be the 11 seed in Greensboro. Missouri can play 3 first round games.;)

Reaction Score
After the Texas/ Baylor game, Charlie Creme adjusted his Bracketology. UCONN is #2 in Bridgeport, Texas is now #2 in Greensboro, & Baylor is #1 in Wichita.

Reaction Score
Baylor is #2, Louisville is the #1 in Wichita now.
Thanks for the update! I guess losing the final to a #2 seed is more damaging than losing the 1st round to an unranked team.

Reaction Score
Baylor will be one seed in both women and men. Heck, not even SC won their conference tournament. BU off today, no doubt. But if Smith is healthy, BU is a threat. Anyone’s win this year, and UConn looking to time a fortuitous return. Good luck. Hope we would meet only in final four. I don’t think BU wants UConn in their bracket and vice versa.

Reaction Score
As i noted in my post--i did NOT order within the seed lines we do not know that detail, and we may not know it for the official bracket
It was just a general question. Just wondering anyone's thoughts.

southie

Longhorn Lover
Reaction Score
Baylor will be one seed in both women and men. Heck, not even SC won their conference tournament. BU off today, no doubt. But if Smith is healthy, BU is a threat. Anyone’s win this year, and UConn looking to time a fortuitous return. Good luck. Hope we would meet only in final four. I don’t think BU wants UConn in their bracket and vice versa.
South Carolina is 18-2 in NET Q1 games. Baylor is 8-5.

Reaction Score
Crème’s latest looks much more accurate. Great for UConn but still think NC State getting hosed as clear Top-3 team all year & firm #1 seed set up for hostile E8 road game.

For sake of fairness, I would swap 1/2 seed pairings in Bridgeport & Wichita, sending NC State/UConn to KS while moving Baylor/Louisville to CT. This way, more deserving NC State gets UConn on neutral floor while weakest #1 Baylor loses regional advantage.

Doing this would also calm any UConn bias notions in down year while preserving South Carolina v. UConn matchup in Championship Game (as opposed to National Semi Final).
I see what you're saying. But, it doesn't matter where UCONN is placed, because someone would cite some reason as to why they were handled with satin gloves. As a UCONN fan, I'm elated that they're a 2-seed in the Bridgeport region, though I won't be there to cheer them on.
Anyway, let's not forget that because of various illnesses and injuries, they did not play their best during the regular season, but they sure made up for it at the right time. And during those agonizing games, many "famous" people (announcers, coaches, ex coaches - even those who flunked their coaching careers, etc.) had written them off. Well, UCONN earned their ranking, and all their fans are cheering them on, and we hope that they play to their strengths, no matter the team(s) they face.
Best wishes to every team!

Best wishes to every team, but I'm riding along with UCONN for as far as they will go!

Reaction Score
I disagree. It's always been unequal, it was just that last year's problems were more magnified and publicized because the teams were so locked down and Sedona Prince was airing all of the dirty laundry on TikTok.

For a long time, the expectation was for the women to just be grateful for what they got and to keep their heads down and play, and that's just not going to cut it anymore.
And let's not forget that it was revealed that the NCAA has been cooking the books, making it seem as though women's basketball is a loss-leader, when in reality they have been far more profitable than the NCAA has let on.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom