The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread | Page 7 | The Boneyard

The Official 2024 NY Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Also feel like both Young’s will be there. Hard to imagine Batty being included.
Pretty sure Eddy Alvarez can’t be on the playoff roster due to being acquired after the deadline.
Good call on Alvarez. Believe Alex Young is ineligible since he was optioned today to make room for Lucchesi. Although I'm sure they could fake an injury move to get him eligible

Reaction Score
Good call on Alvarez. Believe Alex Young is ineligible since he was optioned today to make room for Lucchesi. Although I'm sure they could fake an injury move to get him eligible
Under no circumstance do i want Baty on this roster. And the roster above has Megill left off. Not arguing that jus making sure it wasn’t an oversight.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Was Lindors HR the biggest HR in Mets history?
I was at game 4 of the '99 NLDS when Pratt hit the homer in the 10th to win, and even those of us sitting down the 3b line had no idea if Finley caught it at first. Then when Finley looked in his glove and it was empty, the place exploded like no other time I'd been there. That HR put the Mets into the NLDS, not just into the wild card series. So I'm going with that.

Reaction Score
Under no circumstance do i want Baty on this roster. And the roster above has Megill left off. Not arguing that jus making sure it wasn’t an oversight.
Not an oversight, he threw 100 pitches yesterday so can't imagine he's available by Thursday when the series would be over so I doubt they use a roster spot on him

Reaction Score
I was at game 4 of the '99 NLDS when Pratt hit the homer in the 10th to win, and even those of us sitting down the 3b line had no idea if Finley caught it at first. Then when Finley looked in his glove and it was empty, the place exploded like no other time I'd been there. That HR put the Mets into the NLDS, not just into the wild card series. So I'm going with that.
I was having this same discussion with a few Mets friends - where does the Lindor home run rank in our Mets lifetime? (I’m 40). The big home runs we mentioned in the discussion were the Pratt home run, Venturas grand slam single against the Braves and then Piazzas post 9/11 and of course Bartolo Colons shot heard around the world.

I’d say it has to be top 3 biggest home run of my fandom with the Mets.

Lindor not just writing his own legacy, but also helping keep Diaz’s intact. If he flies out there and we lose 7-6, Diaz would be the scapegoat for failing to cover first and giving up a big double with the bases juiced. Lindor has cemented himself as one of my favorite Mets of all time this year. He’s been everything.

Reaction Score
I love the fact we have Manaea tonight. Hopefully, he can give us that 6 and change or into the 7th inning performance tonight. Save the pen, win the first 2 and get an actual day or two to breath and get healthier.

And I was hard to come around on Mendoza but how freaking good has he been through everything this season? Reminds me a little of Francona in his temperament and style.

Reaction Score
I was having this same discussion with a few Mets friends - where does the Lindor home run rank in our Mets lifetime? (I’m 40). The big home runs we mentioned in the discussion were the Pratt home run, Venturas grand slam single against the Braves and then Piazzas post 9/11 and of course Bartolo Colons shot heard around the world.

I’d say it has to be top 3 biggest home run of my fandom with the Mets.

Lindor not just writing his own legacy, but also helping keep Diaz’s intact. If he flies out there and we lose 7-6, Diaz would be the scapegoat for failing to cover first and giving up a big double with the bases juiced. Lindor has cemented himself as one of my favorite Mets of all time this year. He’s been everything.
watch

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Ugh. I am at the point where I can’t argue for signing him anymore. Watching him whiff on sliders in big spots is eating a hole in my brain.
Let’s go Mets. Petey tripped over his bat like a tool and GIDP.
We will win this game somehow, however.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
B8. tied Maton gave up a meatball.
Throwin’ BP. F me.

Reaction Score
All hindsight now, but should have pulled Maton after the Adames single. Everything was getting hit hard

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom