The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 22 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Mets never make it easy, but a win from Bassitt tomorrow and all is well

Biggest regular season game in a long long time. I’m begging Buck to pull the plug on Alvarez tomorrow.

Reaction Score
Time to kill the Padres and hopefully find some magic potion that can heal Marte's finger. This offense is in trouble otherwise

Reaction Score
I still think this team can beat the Padres with the rotation we have, but hopefully Cohen and Eppler were paying attention this weekend. This Atlanta series exposed the serious flaw with this team and how the offense was built. You can have a good regular season with a bunch of contact guys but it's borderline impossible to win in October with the lack of power they have

Reaction Score
No ifs ands or buts about it. In the series of the year, the Braves punched our 3 best pitchers right in the face. Brutal watching it all weekend.

My level of hope for a WS right now is pretty low. They're gonna need to kick it into a much higher gear instantly and deGrom will need to put together an October for the ages for it to happen now.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
Die hard Braves fan Elton John is happy:

whoa, that's sum cold blooded posting right there. u braver than me, cuz iffn i even opened my mouth on any of this, im pretty sure they'd all be lined up at the end of my driveway, with shotguns loaded for bear.

Reaction Score
whoa, that's sum cold blooded posting right there. u braver than me, cuz iffn i even opened my mouth on any of this, im pretty sure they'd all be lined up at the end of my driveway, with shotguns loaded for bear.
Elton John wouldn't know a baseball if it slapped off his chin.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
This team cannot hit. It’s been exposed. But you all know that. That said, a well rested Jake and Max for games 1 and 2. I have been reading silly articles where they float putting Bassit in game 2. Saving Max or Jake in emergency in the hope they win in 2 and start an ace in L.A.
Here’s also hoping McCann is chained to the dugout steps.

Reaction Score
This team cannot hit. It’s been exposed. But you all know that. That said, a well rested Jake and Max for games 1 and 2. I have been reading silly articles where they float putting Bassit in game 2. Saving Max or Jake in emergency in the hope they win in 2 and start an ace in L.A.
Here’s also hoping McCann is chained to the dugout steps.
They're not gonna do it, but if you win game 1 with deGrom it's a very smart strategy to hold Scherzer back. If the goal is to win a World Series as it should be that would give you the best chance. Could also start Scherzer game 1 and bring him back on short rest for game 1 of the NLDS if you get there

Curiouser
Reaction Score
So glad I was away on vacation from Thursday to today and didn’t have to waste a minute watching a single pitch of that miserable, Metstastic collapse in their most important series in years.

Oh well, on to football season. I have zero faith that they are going to find enough grit to do anything this postseason

2AAA00AC-D8C7-4180-810C-3CDD15AA733C.jpeg

Reaction Score
So glad I was away on vacation from Thursday to today and didn’t have to waste a minute watching a single pitch of that miserable, Metstastic collapse in their most important series in years.

Oh well, on to football season. I have zero faith that they are going to find enough grit to do anything this postseason

View attachment 79552
You'll be back here Saturday night excited and ready to take down the Dodgers. Book it!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You'll be back here Saturday night excited and ready to take down the Dodgers. Book it!
Oh I’ll be watching, but if we couldn’t handle the Braves I don’t expect that we will fare well against the Dodgers. Really such a thoroughly disappointing performance. No moxie.

Reaction Score
Thinking through the playoff roster, here's my best guess

C - Nido
1B - Alonso
2B - Guillorme
SS - Lindor
3B - Escobar
LF - Canha
CF - Nimmo
RF - McNeil
DH - Vogelbach / Alvarez
BN - McCann
BN - Vientos
BN - Naquin
BN - Gore

SP - deGrom
SP - Scherzer
SP - Bassitt
RP - Diaz
RP - Ottavino
RP - Lugo
RP - Smith
RP - May
RP - Givens
RP - Rodriguez
RP - Peterson
RP - Walker

You could convince me to swap in Marte for McCann but I don't think Marte is ready and already have a pinch runner with Gore

No Carrasco is not an indictment of him, just don't need to carry 5 SPs in a 3 game series and gets a 2nd lefty on the roster. Could swap him in for Walker if you want to save him for a potential NLDS start

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You could convince me to swap in Marte for McCann but I don't think Marte is ready and already have a pinch runner with Gore
You have to have a backup catcher.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Nido and Alvarez would both be on the roster. Although risky to have your backup C start at DH
I missed that you had Alvarez on there. He hadn't been promoted when I left last week!

Reaction Score
I missed that you had Alvarez on there. He hadn't been promoted when I left last week!
I definitely don’t want to be in a situation where Alvarez is the backup catcher. Mccann might as well be a pitcher at the plate but I don’t want to lose a game because of sub par defense to potentially strengthen the last spot on the roster.

Reaction Score
*$34 million

I'm starting to get worried that he's going to be a bust. He's not terrible, but the fact that he's only slightly above league average at the start of his 10 year contract does not bode well for the future.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Thinking through the playoff roster, here's my best guess

C - Nido
1B - Alonso
2B - Guillorme
SS - Lindor
3B - Escobar
LF - Canha
CF - Nimmo
RF - McNeil
DH - Vogelbach / Alvarez
BN - McCann
BN - Vientos
BN - Naquin
BN - Gore

SP - deGrom
SP - Scherzer
SP - Bassitt
RP - Diaz
RP - Ottavino
RP - Lugo
RP - Smith
RP - May
RP - Givens
RP - Rodriguez
RP - Peterson
RP - Walker

No Carrasco is not an indictment of him, just don't need to carry 5 SPs in a 3 game series and gets a 2nd lefty on the roster. Could swap him in for Walker if you want to save him for a potential NLDS start
They listened to you! And I guess Marte is ready to do something.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The last few weeks have made clear that our starting pitching is not nearly as good as we thought it was, and our offense is worse than we feared.

We are not built for the post-season.

Reaction Score
Scherzer is clearly still hurt. The last 2 starts have been rough to watch

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog