The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 21 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
I am going to take at least partial credit for that nice comeback win last night.

I went on FanDuel when they were down 4-0, put in a smallish bet for them to win at +670, but just couldn’t pull the trigger on following through with it…

Reaction Score
Well I sure didn’t see the A’s lighting up Jake in a big game coming. If they beat Jake and Mac back to back and we end up losing the division I may kill myself.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Well I sure didn’t see the A’s lighting up Jake in a big game coming. If they beat Jake and Mac back to back and we end up losing the division I may kill myself.
We are not losing tomorrow.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
1.5 game lead with 8 games left (9 for the Braves). It's really important to win these two games from Miami; we're not facing Alcantara and the games are at home. If we win the two games then we'll go into the most important series of the year with a 1 game lead. At least one win there would get us the tiebreaker and essentially add a half-game to our division lead. Even if the Braves won the other two, we would go into the last series of the year tied (with the tiebreaker) and would just have to match whatever the Braves do in their final series, and that's only if they sweep the Nats in the series starting today.

ColchVEGAS

Still buckin like five, deuce, four, trey.
Reaction Score
Looks like the Braves will be bringing Kyle Wright, Max Fried, and Charlie Morton to the mound for the series with the Mets. Not sure who is slotted to pitch for the Mets in those games.

Reaction Score
Looks like the Braves will be bringing Kyle Wright, Max Fried, and Charlie Morton to the mound for the series with the Mets. Not sure who is slotted to pitch for the Mets in those games.
Bassitt/Fried, deGrom/Wright, Scherzer/Morton

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score

We lined up our best: Bassitt, deGrom, Scherzer. Not sure the order yet.

The bigger issue seems to be getting in all three games; the hurricane is going to hit Atlanta Friday afternoon, and it's supposed to rain for most of the day Saturday. I think Friday is definitely going to be postponed, but there's a chance at least for Saturday. If both days get rained out, that's a huge issue for MLB since the division will likely need all three outcomes to be decided.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Bassitt/Fried, deGrom/Wright, Scherzer/Morton

I don't think they announced an order yet, and with days off this week they could theoretically throw them in any order. It wouldn't surprise me if they want to keep Scherzer on his regular rest, or if they want to give deGrom extra rest.

Reaction Score
I don't think they announced an order yet, and with days off this week they could theoretically throw them in any order. It wouldn't surprise me if they want to keep Scherzer on his regular rest, or if they want to give deGrom extra rest.
Not officially but was just going by what's listed on all the sites. I assume they'll keep them in the normal order since it keeps Scherzer/deGrom lined up for the wild card series. Hopefully we avoid that series entirely though and win the division

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Not officially but was just going by what's listed on all the sites. I assume they'll keep them in the normal order since it keeps Scherzer/deGrom lined up for the wild card series. Hopefully we avoid that series entirely though and win the division

Yeah that's a good point. If deGrom pitches on Saturday, that gives him 2 extra days of rest and also lines him up to get another extra day of rest if needed in game 1 of the wild card round (that hopefully we don't see).

Reaction Score
ESPN has it as Bassitt, deGrom, Scherzer in that order.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If we have the luxury of lining up our rotation the way that we want for the post season, I think I would rather put Bassitt in between deGrom and Scherzer. I don't care who goes first or third as between Jake and Max, but I think it would be good to have a different type of pitcher in between the two of them, to keep it more mixed up for opposing batters.

Reaction Score
If we have the luxury of lining up our rotation the way that we want for the post season, I think I would rather put Bassitt in between deGrom and Scherzer. I don't care who goes first or third as between Jake and Max, but I think it would be good to have a different type of pitcher in between the two of them, to keep it more mixed up for opposing batters.
The only issue with that is there's an off day between games 2 and 3. So if you start Scherzer game 2 you still have it lined up for deGrom pitching a potential game 5 with Scherzer available on short rest out of the bullpen, but wouldn't be able to do that if he starts game 3

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The only issue with that is there's an off day between games 2 and 3. So if you start Scherzer game 2 you still have it lined up for deGrom pitching a potential game 5 with Scherzer available on short rest out of the bullpen, but wouldn't be able to do that if he starts game 3
Ah, good point.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Now if we win 2 of 3 this series against the Braves, any Mets win or Braves loss in the final series of the year would clinch the division for us. If we win one game against the Braves, then we just need to match Atlanta's win total in the last 3. If we get swept, we're pretty much done for.

My personal preference would be for us to sweep the Braves and celebrate the division on their field.

Reaction Score
Now if we win 2 of 3 this series against the Braves, any Mets win or Braves loss in the final series of the year would clinch the division for us. If we win one game against the Braves, then we just need to match Atlanta's win total in the last 3. If we get swept, we're pretty much done for.

My personal preference would be for us to sweep the Braves and celebrate the division on their field.
In picture form for the visual learners

909AD8A0-7D34-4FAD-B127-2B27F4C64316.png

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Alvarez will wear #50 and is batting 7th as the DH in tonight's lineup.

Biggest series of the year, LFGM!!!

Reaction Score
Wow. Leaving Alvarez in there in the 9th. A 20 year old free swinger? Not sure I’ve questioned Buck much all year but that seems emotional and not all that smart.

If not for the safety nets, Kid coulda killed a few fans during two of his at bats. Needs to learn to hold on to his bats better?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom