The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 12 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Anyone else think Sugar deliberately flubbed that double play ball so he could strike out every batter he faced last night?
No, but I do wonder if he's available tonight.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Yuge.

Max was awesome. Peterson was rattled but I was nervous about Lugo given his performance of late. He was great and I’m really happy for him. Ballsy move by Buck.

Great to see Escobar getting hot lately.

Reaction Score
Yuge.

Max was awesome. Peterson was rattled but I was nervous about Lugo given his performance of late. He was great and I’m really happy for him. Ballsy move by Buck.

Great to see Escobar getting hot lately.

On one hand, it was just two regular season games in July.

On the other? They out pitched, out hit and out played the “best team in the league” every way possible.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Wonder if they will have him make another rehab start after this:

According to one of the replies in the embedded tweet, his velocity was only 95-96 mph, so maybe this was him trying to dial it back.

As long as he feels fine physically I could not care less about the results. Since he was smiling and laughing in the dugout after his appearance ended I'm sure he feels good.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
On one hand, it was just two regular season games in July.

On the other? They out pitched, out hit and out played the “best team in the league” every way possible.
I don't think either team felt like it was just two regular season games in July. At minimum, it was a good measuring stick.

As long as he feels fine physically I could not care less about the results. Since he was smiling and laughing in the dugout after his appearance ended I'm sure he feels good.
Agreed. The reporting was kind of all over, depending on the source. Hopefully we'll see for ourselves soon enough.

Reaction Score
Does anyone else hear the trumpets and get pumped up what that entrance would be like in October? Can you imagine?

Reaction Score
As a Yankees fan I have no problem saying the Mets should be the favorites to win it all this season. Scherzer is by far my favorite baseball player and there's nobody I would want on the mound over him in big games. Going to be pretty damn hard to beat Scherzer and DeGrom in the playoffs especially with Buck managing.

Reaction Score
I have made a LOT of money the last month betting on Diaz. On DraftKings you can bet:

0 runs in the inning
Outcome of each at bat - a K is about 3 to 1
1st pitch over 94.9 mph - he almost always throws a fastball
Number of batters in the inning - under 3.5

All these bets are 2/1 or 3/1 for the most part and he strikes out 2 every single inning. Tonight was a jackpot. 10 pitches, 3 ks.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I have made a LOT of money the last month betting on Diaz. On DraftKings you can bet:

0 runs in the inning
Outcome of each at bat - a K is about 3 to 1
1st pitch over 94.9 mph - he almost always throws a fastball
Number of batters in the inning - under 3.5

All these bets are 2/1 or 3/1 for the most part and he strikes out 2 every single inning. Tonight was a jackpot. 10 pitches, 3 ks.

I don't know, the Marlins fouled off a pitch last night. I think Diaz is losing it. Might be best to just get rid of him now.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Is Buck the NL Manager of the Year?

Reaction Score
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I read it in the wrong frame of mind but it didn’t seem like his teammates loved him.
I didn't get that feeling at all. Just read it after your comment looking for anything and nothing jumped out. All seemed very playful

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I don’t know if I read it in the wrong frame of mind but it didn’t seem like his teammates loved him.

I didn't get that feeling at all. Just read it after your comment looking for anything and nothing jumped out. All seemed very playful
I agree that it seems playful, but I also understand Deep's reaction because there is definitely an element that deGrom's point is usually to beat and embarrass you, and to show how superior he is athletically. But it sounds like that lead to respect (and a little fear) of his abilities.

The intensity is what surprised me a bit. I thought he was more laid back because he doesn't have the Scherzer-type reputation of being insanely intense.

I think it will be very interesting to watch the relationship between those two. Could be a beautiful thing; or it could create some tension if Scherzer is now occupying a bit of what deGrom thought of as his space. I find it hard to picture Scherzer being on the receiving end of one of deGrom's pranks; or it could devolve into a Game Night-type epic that threatens to kill both of them.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Two days until the trade deadline, what are we thinking is most likely for the Mets at this point?

I never thought Soto was a real possibility, and it looks like Ohtani is only a slight possibility.

I thought Contreras and Robertson was the big splash that made the most sense right now, but as only rentals for this season they don't warrant the type of return for which the Cubs appear to be holding out. I do think the Cubs will move Contreras, but I don't know if we are going to be the ones to blink there. But this is the one for which I am still most hopeful, if not optimistic.

J.D. Martinez seems like he's being lined up to be the consolation prize if we can't pull off the Cubs deal. I don't know how I feel about giving up Vientos.

And then there is the "if all else fails" suggestion that they reunite with Wilmer Flores, which an interesting stop gap.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I should add that I’d be really tickled to see Syndergaard end up with the Yankees, and seeing how well he responds to the magnifying glass and fan expectations there.

Reaction Score
Two days until the trade deadline, what are we thinking is most likely for the Mets at this point?

I never thought Soto was a real possibility, and it looks like Ohtani is only a slight possibility.

I thought Contreras and Robertson was the big splash that made the most sense right now, but as only rentals for this season they don't warrant the type of return for which the Cubs appear to be holding out. I do think the Cubs will move Contreras, but I don't know if we are going to be the ones to blink there. But this is the one for which I am still most hopeful, if not optimistic.

J.D. Martinez seems like he's being lined up to be the consolation prize if we can't pull off the Cubs deal. I don't know how I feel about giving up Vientos.

And then there is the "if all else fails" suggestion that they reunite with Wilmer Flores, which an interesting stop gap.
I still don't have any strong feelings but my guess is Contreras/Martinez end up being too expensive as rentals. So I'll say it ends up being Mancini (for Jose Butto or someone around that 10th ranked prospect), Robertson for a top 15-20 Mets prospect, and a lefty reliever like Chafin

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I still don't have any strong feelings but my guess is Contreras/Martinez end up being too expensive as rentals. So I'll say it ends up being Mancini (for Jose Butto or someone around that 10th ranked prospect), Robertson for a top 15-20 Mets prospect, and a lefty reliever like Chafin
The thing that keeps me interested in Contreras is that the Cubs really have to move him, so he is going somewhere, and we have more to offer than most. And he and Robertson suit two of our three most pressing needs.

Reaction Score
The thing that keeps me interested in Contreras is that the Cubs really have to move him, so he is going somewhere, and we have more to offer than most. And he and Robertson suit two of our three most pressing needs.
I'm just not sure they'll budge off the asking price since they can give Contreras a QO. Moving Vientos or Mauricio for a rental doesn't really interest me when there's so many similar options available that could be cheaper

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm just not sure they'll budge off the asking price since they can give Contreras a QO. Moving Vientos or Mauricio for a rental doesn't really interest me when there's so many similar options available that could be cheaper
Good point about the QO. I wasn't considering that and was thinking that they really need to move him now to get any real value in return.

I still think Eppler has something up his sleeve for a bigger splash than the moves we've already made, but maybe they think that the return of Jake, combined with those moves, is enough to stand pat.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I agree that it seems playful, but I also understand Deep's reaction because there is definitely an element that deGrom's point is usually to beat and embarrass you, and to show how superior he is athletically. But it sounds like that lead to respect (and a little fear) of his abilities.

The intensity is what surprised me a bit. I thought he was more laid back because he doesn't have the Scherzer-type reputation of being insanely intense.

I think it will be very interesting to watch the relationship between those two. Could be a beautiful thing; or it could create some tension if Scherzer is now occupying a bit of what deGrom thought of as his space. I find it hard to picture Scherzer being on the receiving end of one of deGrom's pranks; or it could devolve into a Game Night-type epic that threatens to kill both of them.
Just saw a nice interview with Jake during the pre-game. He seems to be in a good place mentally, even flashing that devilish grin at the end of the interview. I’m trying to restrain my excitement, but man I will be so pumped if he is truly back to anywhere near where he was.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
belle

Top Bottom