The Official 2022 Mets Thread | Page 10 | The Boneyard

The Official 2022 Mets Thread

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I’m tired of facing Alcantara. I’m tired of the Marlins. Let’s fare well against the Braves and take a breather and come back with pitchers 1-5 and a full roster for the 2nd half.
Another great outing by Walker though, and Diaz was nasty, too.

We have the Cubs after the Braves but before the break; and the Braves have the Nationals. No matter whether we are still in first after that, I expect it to be close for the rest of the season.

At a minimum I’d like to see us pick up another starter, a reliever or two and definitely a bat.

Reaction Score
At a minimum I’d like to see us pick up another starter, a reliever or two and definitely a bat.
Another starter is further down the list for me but wouldn't hate it. My guess is we end up with Mancini (would love Josh Bell but in division is always tough), one of the Tigers RPs (Fulmer/Chafin) and one of the Rockies RPs (Bard/Colome). Would love a trade for a 3B instead of Mancini but don't see a good option out there

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Another starter is further down the list for me but wouldn't hate it. My guess is we end up with Mancini (would love Josh Bell but in division is always tough), one of the Tigers RPs (Fulmer/Chafin) and one of the Rockies RPs (Bard/Colome). Would love a trade for a 3B instead of Mancini but don't see a good option out there
I just want another starter for insurance, given our luck with the health of our rotation.

Agree that a top 3B (and/or catcher) would be my preference, but I also agree that I don't see good options for us there. I don't like the clamoring for bringing up Alvarez because I think he's just too young by any measure.

Classic Braves move signing Cano to have him active for this series, while we are still paying his salary. Hope he does as well there as he did for us and the Padres.

Reaction Score
I just want another starter for insurance, given our luck with the health of our rotation.

Agree that a top 3B (and/or catcher) would be my preference, but I also agree that I don't see good options for us there. I don't like the clamoring for bringing up Alvarez because I think he's just too young by any measure.

Classic Braves move signing Cano to have him active for this series, while we are still paying his salary. Hope he does as well there as he did for us and the Padres.
I'm not afraid of Cano. Hard to swing with a giant fork sticking out of his back.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I'm not afraid of Cano. Hard to swing with a giant fork sticking out of his back.
I’m not, either; it would just be a classic “Mets’d” if he went off against us.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Huge win in the series opener. I was worried that all our wasted opportunities would come back to haunt us, but the pitching was brilliant. I don't think Diaz will be available tonight though, after pitching three days in a row.

Of course Cano gets the first hit and goes 2-3.

Escobar isn't getting it done. Guillorme should be starting at 3B once McNeil gets back from paternity leave.

Good to see Jankowski back.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Huge win in the series opener. I was worried that all our wasted opportunities would come back to haunt us, but the pitching was brilliant. I don't think Diaz will be available tonight though, after pitching three days in a row.

Of course Cano gets the first hit and goes 2-3.

Escobar isn't getting it done. Guillorme should be starting at 3B once McNeil gets back from paternity leave.

Good to see Jankowski back.

The only thing I'll disagree with is that Guillorme should be starting at 2nd and McNeil at 3rd. That double play tandem is terrific and needs to be a permanent thing.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
The only thing I'll disagree with is that Guillorme should be starting at 2nd and McNeil at 3rd. That double play tandem is terrific and needs to be a permanent thing.
I'm good with that.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Another great outing by Walker though, and Diaz was nasty, too.

We have the Cubs after the Braves but before the break; and the Braves have the Nationals. No matter whether we are still in first after that, I expect it to be close for the rest of the season.

DH ( unless Alonso), Escobar, and McCann are auto outs. 1/3 of the lineup. The pitching has been outstanding. Get a catcher.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Smith, Escobar, Jankowski, Mazieka. 6-7-8-9. LOL
The Mendoza Academy. But duck, let’s go

Reaction Score
Smith, Escobar, Jankowski, Mazieka. 6-7-8-9. LOL
The Mendoza Academy. But duck, let’s go
You're starting to sound like a Yankees fan with all this complaining in the middle of a great season

Curiouser
Reaction Score
You're starting to sound like a Yankees fan with all this complaining in the middle of a great season
To counter that bad karma, I’ve been meaning to give you a hat tip for your faith and confidence in Diaz and Lindor when they each struggled through their respective poor initial first years here. Both proving to be top players now.

Reaction Score
To counter that bad karma, I’ve been meaning to give you a hat tip for your faith and confidence in Diaz and Lindor when they each struggled through their respective poor initial first years here. Both proving to be top players now.
And Kelenic isn't breaking any records just yet.

Reaction Score
Thanks. I wish I had that same confidence in Escobar as I did with those 2 with his struggles

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah I'd love for us to take all 4 and go into the break with at least a 2 game lead. Not to mention we get a chance to get revenge on Stroman.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, I'd say mission accomplished for the first half, all things considered.

Soto is a very interesting development. I am surprised by how many news stories identify us as among his top potential suitors, even moreso after we took a catcher with our first round pick yesterday, which is leading to speculation that Alvarez maybe on the block in a potential trade. I just don't see the Nats letting him go to a division rival, especially when we already have Scherzer. We could definitely use his bat, but I'd rather see us grab a DH, catcher or 3B. And with Boras as his agent, you know he will just use us to set the market.

Still think the top priority has to be two solid relief pitchers (at least one lefty), followed by a bat; and I still think we could use another starter for insurance, but that may present more problems than solutions if deGrom does return to the rotation and everyone else stays healthy, because we would have a logjam then.

I don't like the reports of Atlanta coveting deGrom and trying to make a run at him in the off-season. Unless there is absolute clarity about his health by then, that really presents a conundrum because the choices will be to overpay or lose him to our biggest division nemesis. Which, of course, is exactly what Atlanta is hoping to do to us. And deGrom is hard to read about all of this. I wonder how much he is bothered sharing the ace spotlight with Scherzer.

Reaction Score
Random whining during the AS Break.....

Were any other Mets fans rubbed the wrong way by Marte being part of Soto's HR Derby "posse"? Sure, you can point to the latino connection that lots of players have. Sure, you can say Marte was politicking for the Mets to make a move for Soto.

I don't know. I'm old school where I don't like that type of thing. I don't like how everyone in the NBA are buddies now. I liked it when the teams really hated each other. And I don't think you'd see McNeil over slapping Schwarber on the back either.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Were any other Mets fans rubbed the wrong way by Marte being part of Soto's HR Derby "posse"? Sure, you can point to the latino connection that lots of players have. Sure, you can say Marte was politicking for the Mets to make a move for Soto.

I don't know. I'm old school where I don't like that type of thing. I don't like how everyone in the NBA are buddies now. I liked it when the teams really hated each other. And I don't think you'd see McNeil over slapping Schwarber on the back either.
I didn't see that, but aren't they on the same team in the all-star game? I did see him as part of Alonso's posse, and Soto and Alonso never went head-to-head last night because Alonso was eliminated by J-Rod before that could happen.

I am more bothered when I see Lindor embracing opponents during games; but, like you, I am used to a different era.

Reaction Score

Not even a little bit. They’re gonna be teammates in 2 weeks anyway

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah that's definitely a generational thing. Doesn't bother me at all.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom