The Official 2019 Mets Thread | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Official 2019 Mets Thread

Reaction Score
Diaz to the rescue. Huge!

ETA: Jeff McNeil even more huge. Glove and bat. He was probably more responsible for the win than anyone.

McNeil just continues to hit the baseball. Always good contact, always a good at bat.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
McNeil just continues to hit the baseball. Always good contact, always a good at bat.
Guys like him are rare and incredibly valuable. I read up on him a bit this morning because I was so impressed with him last night, especially his attitude during the post-game interview. Had no idea that his first plan was to be a pro golfer.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Jake on the 10-day DL for elbow problems and undergoing MRI on Monday. Here we go.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Fred Wilpon: [walking into Busch Stadium. Moths flying around back pocket] : "Oh, hello Jake. Do I hear...did you get a dog?"

Jacob DeGrom: "No, man. That's my elbow".

Reaction Score
Fred Wilpon: [walking into Busch Stadium. Moths flying around back pocket] : "Oh, hello Jake. Do I hear...did you get a dog?"

Jacob DeGrom: "No, man. That's my elbow".

Wow is that not funny. Even for you.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There couldn't better news for the Metropolitans than getting huge games from Matz and Wheeler against the Phillies, especially after deGrom was cleared.

I remain curious about those two close misses by Rhame in the 9th. If they were purpose pitches, I don't get it. Why fire up your main division rival when they are about to lose five of six, including two in a row of a three game series, with one left to play today and Vargas on the mound for us? Is payback that automatic that we had to try to bean two of their guys last night because two of our guys were hit the night before? Maybe they thought that was the best chance because the game was already put away, whereas we are unlikely to have that luxury tonight?

I do like the tension that is boiling up between these teams already. And I love that Arrieta is already calling out Harper for his immature outbursts. I hope he keeps getting his buttons pushed from all sides.

Reaction Score
Am I crazy for thinking I'd rather have Wheeler over Thor longer term? I feel like he's a better all around pitcher with a better mental makeup sometimes. Thor relies on his electric arm and I'm not sure he manages the lineup/hitters over 6 innings as well as Wheeler.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Am I crazy for thinking I'd rather have Wheeler over Thor longer term? I feel like he's a better all around pitcher with a better mental makeup sometimes. Thor relies on his electric arm and I'm not sure he manages the lineup/hitters over 6 innings as well as Wheeler.
I've always been wary of Thor long term because of the likelihood that he will need TJ surgery given how hard he throws. I've been more wary of him since he started the season by complaining about the delay in re-signing deGrom, the preseason training in Syracuse and the recent game scheduling that sent him back to NY for the home opener ahead of the rest of the team. He's got a bit of a diva problem and I don't like it, especially when his performance has been dropping off like it has been. The rest of the team is so non-diva that I wonder if he's going to start having a Harvey-like effect. I would definitely consider him as a piece that is available for trade in the right deal.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Looks like Jake has lost his mojo now that he signed the big contract. This rotation is in trouble without an ace.
Jake is lost. What the hell happened to this guy? Looks like a totally different person with zero confidence. This is trouble.

Reaction Score
Jake is lost. What the hell happened to this guy? Looks like a totally different person with zero confidence. This is trouble.

It has to be physical/mechanical. His body isn’t letting him do what he can do. It’s not in his head.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
It has to be physical/mechanical. His body isn’t letting him do what he can do. It’s not in his head.
Surprised they kept him in and didn’t pinch hit for him. No way I see him recovering tonight. Conceding the game way too early by leaving him in there imo. He dug a hole but it’s only the third inning. I think it’s only going to get worse for him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Now Thor is toast, too. Great.

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
Bye bye Travis! Thank God. TDA IS DFA. Terrible backsrop and could not hit a lick, and bad BB IQ. The idiot Mets jettisoned Mesorasco and Plawiecki for this clown. SMH

Reaction Score
What a rough stretch. And, for the most part, they're not being blown out. 4-3, 3-2 type games. Not sure what they really need to make a difference other than consistent starting pitching which was supposed to be a strength.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
What a rough stretch. And, for the most part, they're not being blown out. 4-3, 3-2 type games. Not sure what they really need to make a difference other than consistent starting pitching which was supposed to be a strength.
Well the good news is that we are only three and a half back and it is only May. The bad news is that we are going to have to win the division because the wild card ain’t coming from the NL East this season.

I think the pitching will steady and hold up, especially with the weather warming up. Lately it’s our offense that has been anemic.

I feel another strong outing from Thor tonight, but he will need some offense.

Reaction Score
Alonso's power to CF/RCF is impressive...but when he pulls one like last night. Wowsers.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Alonso's power to CF/RCF is impressive...but when he pulls one like last night. Wowsers.
I was just glad to see him have a good night after Paddack was talking smack about him the day before.

Reaction Score
Home vs the Marlins. Wheeler, deGrom, Syndergaard. Nothing less than a sweep here.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
The Marlins are 10-27?! I knew they were off to a bad start, but DAMN.

The funny thing is, even though we swept them the only time we played them this year I didn't think they were so bad based off of those three games. Guess I was wrong.

Curiouser
Reaction Score

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom