The Official 2016 Mets Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Official 2016 Mets Thread

Alum86

Did they burn down the ROTC Hangar?
Reaction Score
d'Arnaud hopefully starts hitting.
Doubt it though

Reaction Score
How was Loney not on a big league roster? Guy is a pro hitter, doesn't strike out and plays a helluva first base. I almost would take him over Duda right now.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
He's also in the middle of a hot streak right now. When he hits .270 for the month of July with 3 extra base hits, you'll see why he wasn't on a big league roster.

Reaction Score
He's also in the middle of a hot streak right now. When he hits .270 for the month of July with 3 extra base hits, you'll see why he wasn't on a big league roster.

How much more effective was Duda when he wasn't in one of his 6 HR's in 4 game streaks? For the drop in power, Loney seems to have pretty solid overall at bats even when he makes outs.

Thoughts on Reyes? Not sure what to make of this one. Gut tells me I wish they stayed away from him and I just find it hard to believe his story has a happy ending. He's potentially a head case on a roster of good guys.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
How much more effective was Duda when he wasn't in one of his 6 HR's in 4 game streaks? For the drop in power, Loney seems to have pretty solid overall at bats even when he makes outs.

Thoughts on Reyes? Not sure what to make of this one. Gut tells me I wish they stayed away from him and I just find it hard to believe his story has a happy ending. He's potentially a head case on a roster of good guys.

Duda was incredibly streaky last year, but in the past has been more consistent (although he's always been somewhat streaky). Either way, you can't just discount his huge weeks; those wins count just as much as the rest. And having solid at-bats doesn't matter if you make an out.

I don't hate Loney; he's been great for us, and I'd like to see him stay on the roster when Duda comes back, but there's no way he should be starting over him.

Alum86

Reaction Score
I don't hate Loney; he's been great for us, and I'd like to see him stay on the roster when Duda comes back, but there's no way he should be starting over him.

Agree.
A MLB 1B, and he should be on the roster once Lucas returns. Send Wilmer down. 6-6 2HR in one game and basically an auto out in every other.

Reaction Score
Harvey to the 15 day DL with shoulder discomfort.

I'll be curious to see if they find anything. He was hitting 96 his last start so velocity wasn't an issue. Nothing points to a "real" injury and this smells like the Mets trying to see if he can work this out without the major league spotlight that's been on him.

You also have to wonder if the amount of innings last year has anything to do with this if there is something structurally wrong.

Alum86

Reaction Score
Mystic Met needs to get his head on straight. This came out of nowhere. No spurs in elbow like the others.
A rest to rejuvenate.

Reaction Score
Good team win tonight. Wright is done for 16. Harvey is likely done for 16. Reyes enters the mix. I don't know....but tonight looked like the team didn't care about some of the older regime and was ready to fall behind the new regime. Cespedes is electric. Cabrera all over the field. Grandy on base all night. Walker is clutch. Even Lagares and D'Arnaud. I feel pretty good even with Harvey likely done.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Shame to see that Harvey's done for the year. TOS is a serious issue that could affect the rest of his career, but there's also a decent chance he comes back as good as new next year. Fingers crossed the latter is what happens. I'm glad he's getting the surgery now rather than trying to pitch through this; gives him plenty of time to recover for next season.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
And I still have an unshakeable sinking feeling that Harvey is somehow cursed.
Don't like being right on this, but have never shaken that feeling with him.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I felt exactly the same at the time. I was happy when he left and never thought I'd see him back. But I admit that he was an attractive risk under the circumstances, and so far he's been a very nice surprise.

The only thing I used to love about him was his incredible athleticism and skill, but he had such a screwy head that I grew tired of him. He may not be quite the athlete he was, but he's still an upgrade for us and the humbling of the past few years seems to have put him in a better place mentally and perhaps has helped make him a better teammate.

Alum86

Reaction Score
He's a flake but an upgrade from Flores. We will live with it.
Nice game today by Jake. wow!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
After the Mets lost their third straight game, Collins held a rare meeting and implored his players to stop putting so much pressure on themselves.

He even ordered music to be played in the clubhouse, which is generally taboo after losses. When reporters entered the clubhouse postgame, Bon Jovi's "You Give Love a Bad Name" was blaring over speakers.

We're officially done for this season now, right?

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
There's still one third of the season left, plenty of time to turn things around. I'm not too optimistic, but if we got Lucroy and Duda comes back in a few weeks we could definitely make the wild card.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
There's still one third of the season left, plenty of time to turn things around. I'm not too optimistic, but if we got Lucroy and Duda comes back in a few weeks we could definitely make the wild card.
Yeah, it was mostly the Bon Jovi that made me despondent.

I'm on board with d'Arnaud for Lucroy whether it makes a difference for this season or not. Don't want to give up much else though.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
Yeah, it was mostly the Bon Jovi that made me despondent.

I'm on board with d'Arnaud for Lucroy whether it makes a difference for this season or not. Don't want to give up much else though.

It'll probably take at least d'Arnaud + either Dom Smith or Gavin Cecchini plus another lower piece. I would be happy if Cecchini was the prospect centerpiece; he can definitely hit, but doesn't have a ton of power and we already have an all-world stud prospect at SS in Amed Rosario who will probably be ready by this time next year. Not to mention Cecchini's defense has been awful; I'm pretty sure he has over 20 errors so far this year and that's after having a bunch last year. I just don't want to see Sandy trade a bunch of young talent away to try to prop up this mediocre team. And yes, that's what we are right now: mediocre.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Ok, now we're f-ed. Cabrera down and it doesn't look good.

I just don't see us overcoming these mounting injuries this year.

At this point I would rather see us be sellers than buyers if there are good deals and moves to be made for the long term. I'll keep watching and I know there is still a lot of time, but I would start playing for next season now.

Alum86

Reaction Score

At this point I would rather see us be sellers than buyers if there are good deals and moves to be made for the long term. I'll keep watching and I know there is still a lot of time, but I would start playing for next season now.

No. We are not 17 1/2 games out of a wild card.

Alum86

Reaction Score

No. We are not 17 1/2 games out of a wild card.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Whoa, Jay Bruce. Didn't see that coming.

Reaction Score
I liked what I saw of Nimmo in the brief time he was up. I don't think he'll ever be a real difference maker though. Doesn't seem like he excels enough in any one single area. Assuming Cabrera is back in a couple weeks, Duda soon as well. A September roster with Reyes, Grandy, Cespedes, Bruce, Duda, Cabrera, Walker, D'Arnaud? Conforto, Flores, Kelly Johnson, De Aza off the bench? That's pretty solid if the pitching can hold up. It's just a lot of if's. A LOT.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
I liked what I saw of Nimmo in the brief time he was up. I don't think he'll ever be a real difference maker though. Doesn't seem like he excels enough in any one single area. Assuming Cabrera is back in a couple weeks, Duda soon as well. A September roster with Reyes, Grandy, Cespedes, Bruce, Duda, Cabrera, Walker, D'Arnaud? Conforto, Flores, Kelly Johnson, De Aza off the bench? That's pretty solid if the pitching can hold up. It's just a lot of if's. A LOT.
I'm reading that Cabrera is likely done for the season.

Bruce is still not a done deal, either, apparently. There was a medical issue with one of the other Mets prospects in the deal and they are trying to rework it.

I wouldn't mind if it falls through and we can get back in play for Lucroy. I like that deal better.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom