OT: - The Masters | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OT: The Masters

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
“I feel like it will be a good player but not one of the top tier guys”

places bets on the #2, 3, 9, 13, and 15 ranked players in the world. Then lists # 4, 6, 10, and 14 as also potential winners.

Way to go out on a limb there listing 9 of the top 15 ranked players as likely winners.
By “top tier” I just mean the cream of the crop. In draft king/industry parlance, “top tier” means anyone priced $10k or above. That would be 6 golfers this weekend - DJ, Rahm, Bryson, JT, Rory, Xander. I’ll be more specific next time for you. Sorry.

Reaction Score
By “top tier” I just mean the cream of the crop. In draft king/industry parlance, “top tier” means anyone priced $10k or above. That would be 6 golfers this weekend - DJ, Rahm, Bryson, JT, Rory, Xander. I’ll be more specific next time for you. Sorry.

Top tier and cream of the crop are different ways of saying the same thing lol. And you still listed 3 of those 6 guys as potential winners. It was kind of a bizarre post in general

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Top tier and cream of the crop are different ways of saying the same thing lol. And you still listed 3 of those 6 guys as potential winners. It was kind of a bizarre post in general
Shut up. You sound like a nerd and a loser. Play me in a draft kings lineup. What’s your username?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Shut up. You sound like a nerd and a loser. Play me in a draft kings lineup. What’s your username?
And you sound like an idiot. “Shut up, You sound like a nerd and a loser”. Who even says that?? What are you 5 years old? What a burnnnn.

Please keep enlightening us with your prediction posts where you pick every top guy there is. What would we possibly do without them?

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
And you sound like an idiot. “Shut up, You sound like a nerd and a loser”. Who even says that?? What are you 5 years old? What a burnnnn.

Please keep enlightening us with your prediction posts where you pick every top guy there is. What would we possibly do without them?
Just like I thought. You don’t want a match.

Reaction Score
Who do you guys think will win the NBA finals this year? I think it will be a good team just not one of the top teams.

I placed bets on the Lakers, Nets, Bucks, Sixers, Jazz, and Clippers.

I also like Denver, Portland and Dallas. I could also see the Celtics or Pacers taking it down.

DM me your draft kings if you think you’re tough enough to take me on.

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
Who do you guys think will win the NBA finals this year? I think it will be a good team just not one of the top teams.

I placed bets on the Lakers, Nets, Bucks, Sixers, Jazz, and Clippers.

I also like Denver, Portland and Dallas. I could also see the Celtics or Pacers taking it down.

DM me your draft kings if you think you’re tough enough to take me on.
Did you get more than 11-1 on each team?

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score

Interesting way to whittling down the field

Valid method whittling down the field. I will say that Zalatoris kid is going to be a human ATM. Nice game overall. He's got to get a bit more accurate with the driver and putt better to win, but good iron players can cash top-15 checks week in and week out.

Will Zalatoris PGA TOUR Profile - News, Stats, and Videos

1617727275967.png

Reaction Score

XLCenterFan

CT, NE
Reaction Score
I’ve been avoiding betting/rostering Zal since he stepped on the scene and I pay for it literally every week. This isn’t his week, but he will have success elsewhere soon.

Reaction Score
The players were saying the greens are already starting to brown. Weather looks iffy. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
You both can take it elsewhere. This will now go back to being about the Masters and any other posts will be deleted.

Thank God. Going to be 70 on Friday so I may bust out my new Masters golf shirt.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
The players were saying the greens are already starting to brown. Weather looks iffy. Fingers crossed it stays dry.

I think they are drying it out as much as possible because of probable rain Thursday night and Friday.

Phil was doing and interview and was saying how over the past decade the course has been soft due to weather for all but 2-3 years. When Augusta gets soft players can fly a ball to a specific distance to the green and stick it. Augusta's defense has always been flighting the ball at the right height from the right angle with the right spin to the right part of the green. Soft Augusta takes away some of the skill of doing all that.

Get it as dry and fast as possible and Thursday may be a blood bath (By Augusta standards, not US Open blood bath standards).

Also, as others have mentioned, they have elimanated the second rough on some holes which will promote letting balls roll through the grass and in to the pine straw. Not a fan of picking and choosing the rough on a hole by hole basis. Do it for all holes or none.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Bryson's swing from a different angle. Holy crap. How does he even keep it in the fairway? It will be interesting to see how he does at Augusta this time.

Reaction Score
I think they are drying it out as much as possible because of probable rain Thursday night and Friday.

Phil was doing and interview and was saying how over the past decade the course has been soft due to weather for all but 2-3 years. When Augusta gets soft players can fly a ball to a specific distance to the green and stick it. Augusta's defense has always been flighting the ball at the right height from the right angle with the right spin to the right part of the green. Soft Augusta takes away some of the skill of doing all that.

Get it as dry and fast as possible and Thursday may be a blood bath (By Augusta standards, not US Open blood bath standards).

Also, as others have mentioned, they have elimanated the second rough on some holes which will promote letting balls roll through the grass and in to the pine straw. Not a fan of picking and choosing the rough on a hole by hole basis. Do it for all holes or none.
Thats what the former players turned broadcasters were talking about during Riviera. They all wanted to see the grass at tournaments to be cut down with very fast greens and complimentary use of pin placements.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
OK - any last minute predictions?

I'm changing to Justin Thomas to win (not exactly a long shot) with Spieth being in the final group on Sunday.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
OK - any last minute predictions?

I'm changing to Justin Thomas to win (not exactly a long shot) with Spieth being in the final group on Sunday.

I don't expect a surprise name.

Super fast greens? I'll go DJ. If you can win a US Open at Oakmont, you can putt fast, hilly greens.

Reaction Score
In one of those pools with a max spend, I took the following six:

DJ
Spieth
Rose
Oosthuizen
Sheffler
Cantlay

Feeling good about that group

Reaction Score
Because of the speed/condition of the greens this year-- Hot putters/short game will be the deciding factor(s) leading up to and on Sunday.

For that reason I expect to see DJ/JT in the final group on Sunday.

I know--Boring choice.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The fish have been taking Jordan, Tiger, and Phil for years at Augusta. I still can’t believe Tiger won 2 years ago. He was so far out of his prime, and Finau and Molinari completely choked. Those 3 are always under priced in the betting market. Never take them. Even if they win, you’re not getting the price for it to be a good bet.
Those three won 8 of the last 20 masters and Spieth only played in 7 of them. Real fish...

polycom

I heard a beep, who just joined?
Reaction Score
Masters betting seems pretty straight forward. Find a way only take people in the top 25 strokes gained on approach and you should be fine.

Reaction Score
I’ve been avoiding betting/rostering Zal since he stepped on the scene and I pay for it literally every week. This isn’t his week, but he will have success elsewhere soon.

I'm the opposite on Will Z. Taken him like 7 straight weeks in DFS. He's usually pretty "cheap" for someone who has been consistently performing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom