OT: - The Master's. Tiger's In. As of Now | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The Master's. Tiger's In. As of Now

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Good thing I didn't bet a pool this year... Ancer is MC. Thought this was going to be a big year for him.

Also bummed Weir doesn't make the weekend, even if cut line moves to -5. Always enjoyed him game as grinder without a ton of power. He was like a lefty Corey Pavin without all the whining. Weir's Masters win 19 years ago was one of the grittiest wins Augusta has seen.

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Tomorrow weather. Almost same wind as today but cooler and less sun.

Screenshot_20220408-175846_The Weather Channel.jpg

Reaction Score
Check this mornings telecast by the Golf Channel. I mean Jim Gallagher can you please shave your head or at least that crap combover on top middle you look so ridiculous :eek:

Reaction Score
Do you guys think Scheffler keeps this up or does he come back to the pack? If he has an off day this gets very competitive tomorrow.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Do you guys think Scheffler keeps this up or does he come back to the pack? If he has an off day this gets very competitive tomorrow.
Lets see how he handles the wind

Chin Diesel

Power of Love
Reaction Score
Lets see how he handles the wind

Thursday night I said 280 (-8) would be a score almost every play would sign up for given the weather on Fri/Sat and I think that will still be a great score.

Scheffler got a bit lucky with the wind dying down the last few hours when he played the back 9. Those players who finished up around 3-4 pm yesterday had 18 holes of real tough wind.

All that being said, Scheffler has shown past three season that he has the game to handle the moment. This weekend may be his coronation as best player in the world.

Reaction Score

He’s confident and I can’t see him moving back at all. How much he increases is the key to letting a couple people in tomorrow. Will be a fun Saturday for sure.

3pm Masters and Yanks/Sox good day!

Reaction Score
Scotty knows how to play the wind .. Texas golfer.. Having Bubba's former caddy on the bag (two-time Master's champ) doesn't hurt.. Fairways and greens.. All he needs to do today is play par golf

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
First timer on Wed practice and 1st round Thursday....just breath taking seeing the holes you have etched in your head all your life. Freddie, Tiger and Justin skipping the ball on 16....got this bucket complete.

View attachment 75442
Much as I like watching the Masters, I have to deal with my wife, who was at Augusta in the 90s. For 20+ years I have to listen to her go on and on and on and on about how TV doesn't do justice to the elevation changes, and descriptions of every single GD hole.

I only get to counter when The Open is at St. Andrews, so it's simply not fair.

Reaction Score
Much as I like watching the Masters, I have to deal with my wife, who was at Augusta in the 90s. For 20+ years I have to listen to her go on and on and on and on about how TV doesn't do justice to the elevation changes, and descriptions of every single GD hole.

I only get to counter when The Open is at St. Andrews, so it's simply not fair.
Sounds to me like you have carte blanche to go whenever you want. Stop watching on TV, start going every year in person with her.

Reaction Score
Sounds to me like you have carte blanche to go whenever you want. Stop watching on TV, start going every year in person with her.
Getting tickets is the hard part. First time I applied got them but couldn’t go because of work. Been trying every year since. Nada

Might have to bite the bullet and pay way too much to go

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Carte blanche ended after the 90s. Since 2001, our income has been on a Benjamin Button track.

fwiw, she went as a guest of a corporate supplier.

Reaction Score
'Hopefully he's ready for that mental aspect and we don't see clubs flying in the water.'
ur kidding, right? clubs in the water?
so one of the all time greats, who recently shattered his leg, yet picked himself up, and beat that setback handily, is now possibly going to toss his clubs becuz of a bad shot?
r u on drugs? pro tip: stay in school, don't do drugs.
el tigre is one of the greatest athletes and competitors, ever.
that's what his permanent record card sez. me too.

You're so right. Could never happen. Though similar things have on multiple occasions. I was being a little sarcastic but if you think it's not possible you haven't been paying attention.
I'm glad Tiger gutted it out but he'll be severely limited going forward. That limp could trigger other issues. If he was in his 20's or early 30's it would be more manageable. He's a warrior but the clock is ticking so enjoy the good days while you can.

kick 2_article-0-127FA7EC000005DC-461_306x423.jpg

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
Was rooting for my man Rory but this kid Scotty looks like the real deal. Did I hear right that his winning percentage is about 60%.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
My picks were 1st and 5th. Better than I usually do.

Scotty just had that feel about him going in.

Awesome final round by Rory. Good to see. I hope he gets a jacket one year.

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
You're so right. Could never happen. Though similar things have on multiple occasions. I was being a little sarcastic but if you think it's not possible you haven't been paying attention.
I'm glad Tiger gutted it out but he'll be severely limited going forward. That limp could trigger other issues. If he was in his 20's or early 30's it would be more manageable. He's a warrior but the clock is ticking so enjoy the good days while you can.

View attachment 75473
'enjoy the good days while you can.'
me? me alone? don't you think
'enjoy the good days while youse can'
would be the better advice, seeing how there's millions of us Tiger fans?
his limp will be fine, and go away. prolly not months, more like years methinks.
the picture is a big fail however, since the operative phrase here was 'clubs flying in the water.' u see any water? u see any clubs flying? u see any in that crowd even looking at Tiger? im pretty sure iffn the term 'flying clubs' and Tiger Woods were in the same sentence, sumone would pay attention. and speaking of paying attention, i try to pay attention cuz when i do, attention has a pretty sweet way of paying me back.
mebbe there's a 'no clubs on the tee' rule, and he just booted it off as he walked by. or mebbe its a photo of you, or someone like you when the phone goes off, and u've found out that u have to cut the round short. seems like i've seen that a lot lately, with folks kicking, throwing, and yelling at things after just getting off the phone.
'The report also gives more detail about Woods’ leg injury, reading “open fracture, mid shaft on his right leg, below knee,”
is that,... is ..that, his right leg on the boot?

i try to keep my cultural references age appropriate. many old people never seem to get 'the healing' thing. mebbe they don't listen to tom brady enough.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom