The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Dorka and Azzi both were clutch making baskets when game was on line. But I view the bad ass award like the Highlander. There can be only one. I give the nod to the freshman who came a big and a big game, but only by a hairsbreadth.

Reaction Score
I'm just going to vote Dorka on this one. Azzi really came alive late, but Dorka did it throughout the entire game (And doing it hurt).
i thought she had a bad foot. Then they said she had a wrap on her thumb that just came off that explained her bad hands earlier. Was the wrap on her shooting hand. Is that why she is shooting better? Does she still have a bad foot?

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
It wasn't a one man show, it was excellent UCONN basketball and Geno realizing he had a hot hand, drawing up plays for her and her teammates committed to getting her the ball.
People just don't see the fact that Fudd's movement throughout the game was almost non stop. UConn's problem early was, again, they were setting such poor high screens AND such poor down screens. When they did finally set good screens the forwards didn't cut hard on their rolls. The defenders could then just stick to Azzi defensively. Smartly, Azzi decided to go to her midrange and layup game early. Once MU got a little fatigued late, they couldn't cover Azzi's movement nor get to or around UConn's screens quick enough. Funnily enough, MU was just killing UConn offensively on screens early, running Azzi all over trying to tire her out. Anyone that complains about either this teams heart or Azzi endurance has no eyes or heart themselves.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Well, most likely Azzi and Dorka will get most votes, and I can't really disagree. Yet, watching Nika crash the boards keeping forwards and her mark busy boxing her out, making plays, playing defense, cheering her team on, she gets my vote. Amazingly, this team has taken on Nika's character over the last 5 games or so. Gritty, tough, hard nosed, never give up. A real spit in your eye type of team. A far different identity than they were before Jan 1st.
Facts! UCONN has only lost (1) 4th quarter this calendar year- by 1 point against Butler =insignificant.

Reaction Score
Uhh, if I’m not mistaken Azzi’s stat line should be 24 pts not 21. They erroneously credited Muhl with one of her 3’s.
That is the way that I saw it also...... so.... "upon" further review....???

Reaction Score
Many good choices. I 'm going with DORKA because
she kept us in the game in the first half! It is not
fun to have to come from behind! Dorka hitting from
outside also opened up the inside drives.
Kudos to Evina and , of course, Azzi.
Nika had a strong game with assists and rebounds... let's
give credit there also!

Reaction Score
Really loved the impact Evina had in the 4th Quarter. I fully agree with the calls for Azzi and Dorka... but man, E was for "Everything" in Quarter 4 and I thought it was major to turning the tide of the game!

GO HUSKIES!

Reaction Score
The whole team was bad ass no quit. I expected a grind it out game and boy was it. Back and forth and pyhsical all game. The Azzi Fudd became who she is Paige's competitor for best player. Dorka became what we hoped for Big girls hitting 3 balls. CW and NIka rebounding and playing D. Wowzer!!!!!!

Reaction Score
Easy to go with Fudd but with Edwards doing another no-show you have to give the edge to Dorka.

Reaction Score
I can see anything but a dead heat between Azzi and Dorka.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I have to go with Dorka and Azzi as CO-KMBA's, and Honorable Mention to the rest of the team. Plus shout out to the cheering section on the bench they were loud and energetic.

Reaction Score
At the end of the 3 rd qtr It was Dorka hands down. Then Azzi and E made it close at the end but Dorka hangs on
I almost agree with you. After 3 quarters I would have said clearly Dorka. But in the 4th quarter, Azzi channeled her inner Paige (dare I say inner DT?) and helped the whole team blow the doors off. After the full game it's much closer to a 50/50 pick'em, but I'll go with Azzi. Kudos to Nika, E, and everyone else.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Aaliyah was not a no show. She had 7 rebounds, 3 offensive, 3 assists and 2 blocks. The scoring wasn’t there but everything else was fine
That's true and the almost steals shook M's confidence in the 2nd half...
But in the 4th quarter, with the game on the line, there was no playing her...
with the return of "hands of stone," "itchy feet", and "bunny busting."

It's like one game great...the next one, "eh."
This was the scheduled "off-night."

Reaction Score
Forka… as in stick a forka in the Gophers, they’re done.

Fudd and Dorka were great today. They are starting to develop a killer instinct!

Reaction Score
Aaliyah was not a no show. She had 7 rebounds, 3 offensive, 3 assists and 2 blocks. The scoring wasn’t there but everything else was fine
All a matter of opinion, which I respect, but when push came to shove she was sitting the pine.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom