The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
THE definition by The Man himself

Thank you, Nan. Most helpful. Perhaps the individual taking over the posting of this Memorial Award (TonyC) should re-read these criteria and place this Kibitzer post at the beginning of each game's posting. It certainly would go a long way to simplify the selection and eliminate multiple "honorable mentions" (although I, myself) hate to not recognize other strong contributions!).

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Thank you, Nan. Most helpful. Perhaps the individual taking over the posting of this Memorial Award (TonyC) should re-read these criteria and place this Kibitzer post at the beginning of each game's posting. It certainly would go a long way to simplify the selection and eliminate multiple "honorable mentions" (although I, myself) hate to not recognize other strong contributions!).
Might I suggest you begin a Player of the Game or some other honorarium? You could differentiate the honor from Game Badass and set your own criteria?

Reaction Score
You contradict yourself, so what's your real point here?

The BadAss award is simply a way for BYers to express our view of the game and the outstanding performance(s) within. At the end of the day, the guideline rules don't mean much. Those who wish to participate do and make their selection. Pretty simple really.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Even in a small German village they root for Caroline Ducharme. :rolleyes:
View attachment 72745
I picture the city’s mayor and councilman coming out after each game to post the bad ass flag with the townspeople lingering around to hear and then applauding.
1643298213176.jpeg

“Caroline! Ya! Sie ist gut!”

Last edited:

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
The BadAss award is simply a way for BYers to express our view of the game and the outstanding performance(s) within. At the end of the day, the guideline rules don't mean much.
Blues Brothers GIF

Reaction Score
Morrow would have fouled out in the first half if the refs treated her the same as Liv and Dorka. She got away with at least two elbows to the head one on the Charme, she had to leave the game and another on Dorka. She also shoved a UConn player at least 3 times while getting in position for a rebound. The time that they called Liv for a foul where Morrow fell was bogus. Morrow was pushing Liv out of the way with her body and fell to the ground when Liv stepped away. This was one of the worse called games I've seen this year and those refs should be reprimanded by the league for their poor officiating. The KM BadAss Award goes to the Charme
I haven’t seen this much whining since they told me that Happy Hour was cancelled at the pub. Refs or no refs, a 6’1” freshman went in the paint and ate a 6’5” senior’s lunch. She out hustled and out fought our bigs To the tune of 30 points and 13 rebounds. She wanted it more then they did. Maybe she got away with some stuff that could have been called but either way, she was the most dominant, most impactful player on the court last night. Games like that are played every night in the SEC. We play one physical game in the BE, and the players cower and the fans moan about the refs. Time to get…….

Reaction Score
Yes, Caroline. Yes, Christyn.

But the one that has me dancing a jig is Azzi, and the way her ball whispers, silken, through the webbing. It's positively Bueckeresque.

Reaction Score
Might I suggest you begin a Player of the Game or some other honorarium? You could differentiate the honor from Game Badass and set your own criteria?
Not a need for me, thank you. I am happy with Kibitzer's award and criteria. I like their differentiation from MOP, MVP, etc.

Reaction Score
... so what's your real point here?

It is pretty simple, really. By restating the award criteria it better explains "Badass" for the uninitiated. I have often read posts with questions and opinions concerning the award and its meaning. And yes, clearly those who want to vote do and make their selection. NBD.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I picture the city’s mayor and councilman coming out after each game to post the bad ass flag with the townspeople lingering around to hear and then applauding.
View attachment 72755
“Caroline! Ya! Sie ist gut!”
Been there, done that. Had 4 of those in 77 while I was at the NCO Academy in Germany. They had to carry me back to the barracks.:confused:

Reaction Score
I haven’t seen this much whining since they told me that Happy Hour was cancelled at the pub. Refs or no refs, a 6’1” freshman went in the paint and ate a 6’5” senior’s lunch. She out hustled and out fought our bigs To the tune of 30 points and 13 rebounds. She wanted it more then they did. Maybe she got away with some stuff that could have been called but either way, she was the most dominant, most impactful player on the court last night. Games like that are played every night in the SEC. We play one physical game in the BE, and the players cower and the fans moan about the refs. Time to get…….

Were the refs biased? Did they change the game? Liv fouled out; Morrow - the bull in the china shop - didn't. Ridiculous!

Reaction Score
@AgStatesman - Well, wouldn't the person who wrote the original rules need the same lofty specialized educational degree as you then? Because the overwhelming percentage would write cannot if they truly desired a player to be disqualified because they were the high scorer? Cannot most certainly could not be mistaken as to its meaning. May not, on the other hand, would definitely leave room for the possibility in the eyes of most members here.

Badass in the mind of most, would imply a large degree of greatness. Someone defined as "a tough, uncompromising, or intimidating person."

How would it make sense that a player should be disqualified from this award simply because they were the high scorer? It doesn't! I believe the author of the rules meant, that just being the high scorer shouldn't qualify the player for this award. That's very understandable. Caroline Ducharme was not only the high scorer, her final basket won the game, her coach called her his "go to player" and he trusted only her to have the ball in that situation. She came through for him, her teammates and all of us. Additionally, her play and steady as a rock persona inspires her teammates. She's a leader. A player who our beloved Paige Bueckers calls the "Silent Assassin." To me, and countless others, Caroline Ducharme deserves the Badass award for her accomplishments in this game.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom