The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Memorial Badass Award

Reaction Score
If the award is to a true bad ass then the obvious choice is Azzi Fudd..UConn was hurtin' and then she just went off. Come on now, let's not get into a Annie Strothers and Barb Turner sweetheart contest...

Oracle9

No time for fake ones
Reaction Score
Yesss! The Silent Assassin strikes again!! Who else.. Azzi and CW as HM

Shorty Dee

Number 1 UConn fan
Reaction Score
My badass award goes to Caroline "the silent assassin." Honable mentioned goes to Azzi, Christyn and Dorka. Caroline and Azzi are very special players. Welcome back Azzi!! I love this Christyn taking it to the basket with authority!! Dorka was a rebounding machine.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Caroline!!! One of these games we will actually get her the ball when she’s open, which is quite a bit! Welcome, Azzi! You were big tonight.
We don’t win this game without Azzi’s play.

Reaction Score
Caroline for sure. But HM to Dorka. Would love to see a +/- in the box score. Dorka was out most of the second 1/2. Even with a 4 inch advantage, Liv no match inside for the just tough always hustling Morrow. Everyone contributed, but Dorka’s value today must be recognized.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
THE definition by The Man himself

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
4. What really counts is tenacity, delivery in the clutch and, most of all, play that breaks the opponent's spirit -- causing dagger-in-the-heart, shoulders slumping effect.

Still say Caroline.

Reaction Score
I’ll go with Caroline, though Azzi’s shotmaking abilities being on full display in the second half really changed the game as well.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Not sure of the rules. If it’s BadAss of the game….Morrow in a runaway. UCONN CD Dorka
Morrow would have fouled out in the first half if the refs treated her the same as Liv and Dorka. She got away with at least two elbows to the head one on the Charme, she had to leave the game and another on Dorka. She also shoved a UConn player at least 3 times while getting in position for a rebound. The time that they called Liv for a foul where Morrow fell was bogus. Morrow was pushing Liv out of the way with her body and fell to the ground when Liv stepped away. This was one of the worse called games I've seen this year and those refs should be reprimanded by the league for their poor officiating. The KM BadAss Award goes to the Charme

Reaction Score
AZZI and CW coming off the Disabled List to play in late season form, Dorka as a beast on the boards, and Caroline finishing DePaul off in the last minute, and the last second.

Reaction Score
Morrow would have fouled out in the first half if the refs treated her the same as Liv and Dorka. She got away with at least two elbows to the head one on the Charme, she had to leave the game and another on Dorka. She also shoved a UConn player at least 3 times while getting in position for a rebound. The time that they called Liv for a foul where Morrow fell was bogus. Morrow was pushing Liv out of the way with her body and fell to the ground when Liv stepped away. This was one of the worse called games I've seen this year and those refs should be reprimanded by the league for their poor officiating. The KM BadAss Award goes to the Charme
I agree--I give Morrow her due, but man, as you pointed out, the reffing was so very one-sided: Liv couldn't breathe on Morrow, but Morrow was undercutting, throwing elbows, pushing and shoving and got no fouls. Poorly officiated game--even the announcers were picking up on the call disparity...

Reaction Score
Even in a small German village they root for Caroline Ducharme. :rolleyes:
Caroline Ducharme on poster in Germany2.jpg

Reaction Score
It could go to anyone. The team. I would like to give a special shout out to Dorka. Great rebounding and she really impressed me on defense tonight. Very physical and very strong. Holding her ground. Toughness I have not seen.

First time in a long time where everyone shot 50 percent or better. Everyone was needed and came through.

Reaction Score
I agree--I give Morrow her due, but man, as you pointed out, the reffing was so very one-sided: Liv couldn't breathe on Morrow, but Morrow was undercutting, throwing elbows, pushing and shoving and got no fouls. Poorly officiated game--even the announcers were picking up on the call disparity...
I agree completely, but truth in advertising, the announcers are UConn announcers who tend to bleed blue a little....

Reaction Score
Bad Ass to the TEAM . TRUE GRIT!
but for the return from the land of illness: special
mention to Christyn Williams and Azzi Fudd.
But truly a third and fourth quarter to remember
Let watch the highlight tape!!! GO TEAM!
Completely Agree! Gutsiest game played by this team not just this year but, in a few!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I read that as being that the high scorer alone is not necessarily the winner, but can be if they meet other criteria such as making the score that deflates the the opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom