The Kibitzer Badass Award | Page 3 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Badass Award

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
No DSC or Silver Star --PLEASE. The courage and putting of ones life on the line for others tends to say NO NO NO.
Courageous Katie Lou, certainly has been the whole year. But she earn not one single military award. Her production and effort these last many games earns her a special place in Uconn Fan's MEMORIES. I am proud of her.
Taking things too literally drains the joy out of life. I meant no disrespect.

Reaction Score
Not one to weigh in on this award often as in the past I have stated regardless of who the high scorer is UCONN women are the epitome of TEAM sports.
Having said that...;)
Jeff Walz had Walker as the BA killing it in the first half...
Should Jeff be the BA for his decision to double Phee, thus leaving others open...?
Was Crystal covering Durr relentless and staying out of foul trouble not a BA...?
Geno credited the staff for their hardest work in years to get this team this far, the BA...?
IMHO one of Geno's finest coaching years, the BA...?
Phee had 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks and a steal along with 12 points, only 2PF, the BA...?
OK I'll stop the list as usual with UCONN..........
THE BA WAS THE TEAM AND THE STAFF !!!

Reaction Score
Not one to weigh in on this award often as in the past I have stated regardless of who the high scorer is UCONN women are the epitome of TEAM sports.
Having said that...;)
Should Jeff be the BA for his decision to double Phee, thus leaving others open...?
Was Crystal covering Durr relentless and staying out of foul trouble not a BA...?
Geno credited the staff for their hardest work in years to get this team this far, the BA...?
Phee had 13 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 blocks and a steal along with 12 points, only 2PF, the BA...?
OK I'll stop the list as usual with UCONN.....

I agree wholeheartedly with Woof101. It should be a team Bad Ass Award!
Not to minimize the importance of Lou's scoring but all of her shots, except two, were from behind the arc.
When I think of "bad ass" I think of attitude and mixing it up. UCONN out-rebounded Louisville and that was largely accomplished by Phee and Megan. I am as grateful as anyone for having the return of a healthier and scoring Lou but she did not compile the rebounds, blocks, steals and assists to fully supplement her scoring. Phee did. High scorer yes, the Bad Ass, no.

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Jaundicedeye; check that eyesight, it may be a little clouded.;););)
Just "pulling your leg". Couldn't help myself. I'm still celebrating yesterday's win and your handle is too easy not to put a poke in there.
Your comments well received.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Absolute no brainer. Katie Lou. Each 3 was a thing of beauty. Amazing how the shooting touch can come and go.
That part of the game or other sport has confused coaches, managers, owners for over 100 years. This one, with KLS, seems to say BACK problems and one tough young woman who has been, along with Collier, been on a mission since last april. She will stress body, mind, and soul to win the elusive NC trophy. Where does Geno get these women? Paraphrasing the Admiral in : The Bridges of Toko Ri. I saw those men--it's all about Character for the Navy and Geno's recruits and players.

Reaction Score
Taking things too literally drains the joy out of life. I meant no disrespect.
With YOU I am certain you didn't mean any disrespect. You are an honorable person.
My disconnect is : Too many military people were awarded (it wasn't won, it isn't a contest) these medals for bravery, dying to save others, or wounded beyond belief to be awarded those medals. To award them to KLS would understate the above. I know you and you would not do that. I take any award given our military as important, many are wounded or died and a few are awarded these medals --let us keep them in high esteem
If I defend these medals seriously I am standing up for those that paid the price to have them awarded. For me that shall always be. That can't ever be taken too literally.

Reaction Score
Lou was incredible. I thought Meg's game was great. However, to me the BA award has to go to Crystal. She hounded Durr all over the court for 40 minutes. Fought through a zillion screens. Held her to 7-19 shooting, and she didn't reach double digits until late in the second half. She still had enough left to run the offense and score 10 points. Just a side note: If ND wins tonight there will be a LOT of green in Tampa!

MainefanSC

golfnut
Reaction Score
Lou was incredible. I thought Meg's game was great. However, to me the BA award has to go to Crystal. She hounded Durr all over the court for 40 minutes. Fought through a zillion screens. Held her to 7-19 shooting, and she didn't reach double digits until late in the second half. She still had enough left to run the offense and score 10 points. Just a side note: If ND wins tonight there will be a LOT of green in Tampa!
UConn blue will trump green.

Reaction Score
Having said that...;)
OK I'll stop the list as usual with UCONN.....
Why ever have a badass then? It's always a team victory that takes multiple contributors.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno for landing Paige.

Sorry, this news is so great, it just needs to bleed into other threads. :)

Reaction Score
I agree wholeheartedly with Woof101. It should be a team Bad Ass Award!
Not to minimize the importance of Lou's scoring but all of her shots, except two, were from behind the arc.
When I think of "bad ass" I think of attitude and mixing it up. UCONN out-rebounded Louisville and that was largely accomplished by Phee and Megan. I am as grateful as anyone for having the return of a healthier and scoring Lou but she did not compile the rebounds, blocks, steals and assists to fully supplement her scoring. Phee did. High scorer yes, the Bad Ass, no.
So playing hurt and stepping up when your team needs you most is not badass? Scoring 18 points in second half of a close game to help push team into final four is soft because they were not 2 pointers... LOL.

It's not just hitting a 3, it's when and how (people in her face and in moments we were fighting to keep the lead and momentum.) Lastly, no one on this team mixes it up more than Lou. Rewatch all the games and see who draws the most fouls, takes the most hits and draws the most attention.

Yes everyone helped us win and there were many candidates that are worthy of BA but let's not down play the toughness and grit of her game because points are from beyond the arc. Giving it to Pheesa in a game she would consider one of her worst while minimizing Lou's impact plus outright calling her out as not baddass for this game considering the circumstances is mindboggling.

Reaction Score
So playing hurt and stepping up when your team needs you most is not badass? Scoring 18 points in second half of a close game to help push team into final four is soft because they were not 2 pointers... LOL.

It's not just hitting a 3, it's when and how (people in her face and in moments we were fighting to keep the lead and momentum.) Lastly, no one on this team mixes it up more than Lou. Rewatch all the games and see who draws the most fouls, takes the most hits and draws the most attention.

Yes everyone helped us win and there were many candidates that are worthy of BA but let's not down play the toughness and grit of her game because points are from beyond the arc. Giving it to Pheesa in a game she would consider one of her worst while minimizing Lou's impact plus outright calling her out as not baddass for this game considering the circumstances is mindboggling.

My post called for the team to get the Bad Ass Award. I was not trying to downplay or minimize Lou's performance. Lou's performance and those of others were noteworthy. I was clearly calling for recognition of all the "bad ass" performances, as well. Each of the starting five scored in double figures, as a team we out-rebounded Louisville, Durr was kept quiet in the first half and relatively contained throughout and, for what it's worth, Phee and the team found a way to counter Louisville's efforts to collapse inside and stop her inside game.
For the record, Lou is my favorite player among the starting five.
I hope this further explanation of my position alleviates your "mindboggling".
Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The BADASS award is becoming like the POY award, the most prolific scorer gets it. In this Elite 8 case it was awarded properly.
BADASS typically refers to a tough hard working person who gets nothing easily but plows through difficulties to succeed. For Katie Lou it was that and much more. It wasn't about the 29 points it was the BACK; fighting through pain, defending , rebounding, stealing, and yes putting (as Geno said) points on the board WHEN NEEDED. Kudo's to Katie Lou. Where does Geno get these kids??

Reaction Score
My post called for the team to get the Bad Ass Award. I was not trying to downplay or minimize Lou's performance. Lou's performance and those of others were noteworthy. I was clearly calling for recognition of all the "bad ass" performances, as well. Each of the starting five scored in double figures, as a team we out-rebounded Louisville, Durr was kept quiet in the first half and relatively contained throughout and, for what it's worth, Phee and the team found a way to counter Louisville's efforts to collapse inside and stop her inside game.
For the record, Lou is my favorite player among the starting five.
I hope this further explanation of my position alleviates your "mindboggling".
Thank you.
Thanks for the feedback. I commented on your original post because you wrote and I quote, "High scorer yes, the Bad Ass, no." So that is down playing a performance that 95% of the people on this board would endorse as the badass. That said I do not care who you prefer or think was badass, I responded to you calling her out as not badass.

The other comment is, let's not have this thread if we are always going to say it was a team effort. We all get that, not even MJ won by himself. I agree other players had BA moments but to pick one that had the most is what I thought the purpose of this thread was for... that said one of my other favorite moments from another player was CW as a freshman guard pulling down some critical and timely rebounds with put backs.

I also apologize for the mind-boggling reference, you certainly made good points to support your reasoning.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Thanks for the feedback. I commented on your original post because you wrote and I quote, "High scorer yes, the Bad Ass, no." So that is down playing a performance that 95% of the people on this board would endorse as the badass. That said I do not care who you prefer or think was badass, I responded to you calling her out as not badass.

The other comment is, let's not have this thread if we are always going to say it was a team effort. We all get that, not even MJ won by himself. I agree other players had BA moments but to pick one that had the most is what I thought the purpose of this thread was for... that said one of my other favorite moments from another player was CW as a freshman guard pulling down some critical and timely rebounds with put backs.

I also apologize for the mind-boggling reference, you certainly made good points to support your reasoning.

Cool.

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
I say the BY BA is Husky Nan! Alternate award would be “zealot wrangler.” :)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom