The Kibitzer Badass Award | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Kibitzer Badass Award

Reaction Score
Very, very happy for Katie Lou that she was able to have this kind of performance in such a crucial game (and with a back injury to boot!). Sometimes, the shots just won't fall, today they did! Glad that she and Napheesa were able to carry the team to a 12th consecutive Final Four!

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Lou. Only Lou. It shouldn't be diluted by naming any runner-ups no matter how well they played (and some did). LOU!!!

Lou is the unanimous winner!!! BUT.........................she'd be the first to tell you she didn't do it alone. I must agree with Bigboote. Christyn showed up BIGTIME today and kept the juices and energy flowing for us. IMHO, giving Christyn her props (a tip of the cap and an honorable mention) is NOT in anyway diluting the award, or taking anything away from Lou's remarkable accomplishments today. Like former president George Bush once said: "Read my lips": "Lou wins the Badass award for today's game............period!!! The vote was unanimous. We're just spreading a little love and well deserved recognition around to some others. This was a TEAM victory. ;) We don't win this game without the play of Megan and Chiristyn. Walz (in is post game presser) said that Megan's play was the difference in the game. Let's not forget about the play of Crystal Dangerfield who covered Durr (21 pts) most of the day and kept her from going off and controlling the game like she did last time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Kib must be at the game so I’ll start the thread. However, I will let you guys choose the Badass(es).
Lou without question.

I am sure over the years her back issues will grow to rival Schillings “bloody sock”.

Respects to all the other great contributions but there are days ahead for those players — but for now a career defining performance earns her this space all by herself.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
Lou without question.

I am sure over the years her back issues will grow to rival Schillings “bloody sock”.

Let the legend grow....

stainback.jpg

Reaction Score
Absolute no brainer. Katie Lou. Each 3 was a thing of beauty. Amazing how the shooting touch can come and go.

Reaction Score
Lou for sure.

I thought something was wrong with Pheesa, and Crystal looked a little wobbly at times as well. I wonder if a minor bug was afoot. (My son goes to UConn and is battling a bad cold.) They both contributed but Pheesa was 3 for 11 in the first half. Crystal didn't seem to have her usual access to overdrive. I actually saw Pheesa standing still a few times. But they battled.

Megan and Christyn were stellar.

Louisville is a fine team, worthy opponents.

Reaction Score
As a retired military man, can you grant Lou the Distinguished Service Cross or the Silver Star or somesuch?
No DSC or Silver Star --PLEASE. The courage and putting of ones life on the line for others tends to say NO NO NO.
Courageous Katie Lou, certainly has been the whole year. But she earn not one single military award. Her production and effort these last many games earns her a special place in Uconn Fan's MEMORIES. I am proud of her.

Reaction Score
katie Lou is most certainly the B.A. of this game.
Walker, Collier, Danger, and Chrystn and ONO most certainly pulled off an exceptional WIN. ALL--deserve the honorable mention/ runner up to the BA award. This was not a one women or 2 woman show. which 12, 9, 14 points didn't mean victory?? Which of the 10 rebounds of Collier wouldn't have meant a loss had she not gotten it?? TEAM--plus KLS.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom