THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond | Page 6 | The Boneyard

THE KASONGO THREAD - 10/4 and beyond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marat

The Champ Is Here.
Reaction Score
Nothing will surprise at this point. Another turn of 180 degrees, 360 degrees, 90 degrees, or whatever.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
And how does anyone know UConn pulled out! Has UConn made a statement?
Well it's not like every time a staff decides not to take a kid they put out a statement. Would be unusual.

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Well it's not like every time a staff decides not to take a kid they put out a statement. Would be unusual.
Technically a recruiting violation right?

Reaction Score
Don't put the heat on 3, he had a conversation with the kid- well maybe not a vocal one - and came away thinking it was UConn in the bag. I'm sure he had good reason.
Of course I'd love to hear why.......

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Agree! So how does Evans know? Kasongo hears from KO! And then tells Evans one thing and 3 another? Or is someone in Kasongo's camp leaking false info? I'll just wait and watch.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Guys... leave 3 alone.
I think 3's info is awesome. It's not his fault the process is coo coo.
Agreed, 3 is the man. Why should he be held accountable for reporting RayK's view when its UConn who got cold feet?
As I've said before, I appreciate his enthusiasm and I know a lot here appreciate his posts. I think he's young, gullible and easily played in this twitter age, and that he's been played a lot in at least a few different recruitments. Maybe it's just my bad timing seeing his threads and posts, but I can't remember a major announcement that he's scooped, and I can recall many where he was either flatly wrong or seriously misguided, but posted things as facts or with suggestions that he had inside information that ultimately turned out to be wrong.

He's far from the only one out there who has fallen victim, but it's a problem that is becoming an epidemic in the present rush to be first with "news" and blast it out via various social media. I'm only singling him out because he's the one who does it here, regarding our program, and it's gotten to the point where every time I see him say he feels good about a recruit I start to feel sick.

Reaction Score
As I've said before, I appreciate his enthusiasm and I know a lot here appreciate his posts. I think he's young, gullible and easily played in this twitter age, and that he's been played a lot in at least a few different recruitments. Maybe it's just my bad timing seeing his threads and posts, but I can't remember a major announcement that he's scooped, and I can recall many where he was either flatly wrong or seriously misguided, but posted things as facts or with suggestions that he had inside information that ultimately turned out to be wrong.

He's far from the only one out there who has fallen victim, but it's a problem that is becoming an epidemic in the present rush to be first with "news" and blast it out via various social media. I'm only singling him out because he's the one who does it here, regarding our program, and it's gotten to the point where every time I see him say he feels good about a recruit I start to feel sick.
How about you just ignore his posts. To suggest 3 is affecting uconn recruiting is absurd

Reaction Score

Where's the Dislike button?

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score

While I appreciate the view. There's Amore's and Borges' and there's 3's and Myers' and Balls of the Crystal variety.

Basketball and twitter are both games of runs. I'll know for certainty the outcome of a Uconn game if I watch the sportscenter bottom line at midnight, but I'd rather watch the game in real time.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
1) Scoops are highly overrated. So overrated that no one should even bother to try to scoop anyone else - it's all on Twitter twenty seconds after it happens so just wait.

2) The kids here who follow recruiting are just that - kids. They know as much as their Twitter accounts will tell them - you can't expect Woodward and Bernstein results. You either find it entertaining or you don't - no biggy. At least they're trying something different.

Reaction Score
Maybe this is being leaked by the Grassroots people...Zags seems like he's on their payroll (kidding kind of) and that other dude sure isn't a concrete source of info.

ctchamps

Reaction Score
While I appreciate the view. There's Amore's and Borges' and there's 3's and Myers' and Balls of the Crystal variety.

Basketball and twitter are both games of runs. I'll know for certainty the outcome of a Uconn game if I watch the sportscenter bottom line at midnight, but I'd rather watch the game in real time.
It isn't easy to be pulled and pushed in a hundred directions. But that's the beauty of all this! The uncertainty! The achievements are special, not a given!

Curiouser
Reaction Score
How about you just ignore his posts. To suggest 3 is affecting uconn recruiting is absurd
I'm not suggesting he's affecting UConn recruiting. I'm suggesting that his recruiting "news" is very often inaccurate, but this board runs with it to the point where it takes on a life of its own and creates perceptions and expectations that are unwarranted.

He's a kid. It's kids talking to kids. I've got kids. They are historically unreliable reporters, and this board is increasingly being taken over by unreliable reports that are coming at warp speed every time one of these kids farts on twitter.

Reaction Score
I appreciate what he is trying to do but there is a right way to do it. Constantly badgering national reporters is not the way. It's not their job to cover uconn. So when they ignore him there is no reason to continue to ask them the same question. As far affecting recruiting I doubt it. But to write these scouting reports based on info from his mother or coach without even seeing the kid play makes no sense. All it does is excite boneyard into thinking every commit we get is going to the nba. You need10 players to practice and sometimes a commit is just that. Someone to to fill out the bench and to make sure we have 10 to practice with.

Now can we just sit back and enjoy the current season. I think our current players have earned that much

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I'm not suggesting he's affecting UConn recruiting. I'm suggesting that his recruiting "news" is very often inaccurate, but this board runs with it to the point where it takes on a life of its own and creates perceptions and expectations that are unwarranted.

He's a kid. It's kids talking to kids. I've got kids. They are historically unreliable reporters, and this board is increasingly being taken over by unreliable reports that are coming at warp speed every time one of these kids farts on twitter.
Then the problem is with people who are running with it! 3 is only passing what he has heard! He's not stating anything as certain!

ctchamps

Reaction Score
I appreciate what he is trying to do but there is a right way to do it. Constantly badgering national reporters is not the way. It's not their job to cover uconn. So when they ignore him there is no reason to continue to ask them the same question. As far affecting recruiting I doubt it. But to write these scouting reports based on info from his mother or coach without even seeing the kid play makes no sense. All it does is excite boneyard into thinking every commit we get is going to the nba. You need10 players to practice and sometimes a commit is just that. Someone to to fill out the bench and to make sure we have 10 to practice with.

Now can we just sit back and enjoy the current season. I think our current players have earned that much
Badgering reporters! If he's badgering reporters that would be karma. He's not badgering anyone! He's establishing relationships! It's done all the time and he's doing it the correct way imo, based on the information recruits and their close relationships are providing him.

The problem has never been the source. The problem has always been people who lack discernment with the information they are receiving. Don't shoot the messenger. Learn to recognize he's passing forth information and what you or me or anyone else choose to do with it is up to us!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom