The Judge Speaks: The Farewell Tour | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Judge Speaks: The Farewell Tour

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
mr bean eating GIF
Hmmm, the start of something here?
Hungry Food GIF by 8it

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Waaaahh this place isn’t what it is anymore so go look at our digital scrapbook or something while I send this place further from whence it came.

That about right?
Totally agree - instead of moving the newbies forward, just give up and walk away. So weak.

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
Ok ok let’s have @Deepster triple down now on why giving up BY traditions is akshully good.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
One thing I can say is that the nozzle in this picture has Duke fan written all over him.

Attachments

• hqdefault.jpg
    hqdefault.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 112
Reaction Score
Ok ok let’s have @Deepster triple down now on why giving up BY traditions is akshully good.
Like I said. You're all more than welcome to follow the wise counsel of your new "Judge" Prankster and his early onset dementia.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Did I ever tell you that I sat here for a couple hours one afternoon?

View attachment 74438

Thought about what you said to me the other day, about the mojo . Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... I fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?

So if I asked you about mojo , you'd probably give me the skinny on every 3 pointer ever made . Calhoun , you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Gampel locker room. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to Rebecca Lobo and feel truly happy.
You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Pitt at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held Thabeet’s head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help.

I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at Kemba Walker and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with his step back , feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be his angel, to have that love for him, be there forever, through anything, through a 9-9 season. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding his hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared crapless kid. But you're a genius Deep. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about us because you saw a post from AntG and you ripped this board apart.

Last edited:

CTMike

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction Score
I think my issue is more that you didn’t sentence yourself like a man and instead just opted for the dollar oysters at Grants.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I think my issue is more that you didn’t sentence yourself like a man and instead just opted for the dollar oysters at Grants.
Firstly Mike, you’re one of my favorite posters.

Secondly, I had a moment of disappointment too, I’m not going to lie. Deep is turning this thing, no doubt, and away from the bizarre bordering on insanity shtick of the yard. This may be the death of our collective weird, but I doubt it. It will morph.

Ultimately what it’s about for me is our annual acknowledgement that we all have something in common. That were so insanely passionate about UConn basketball that we dedicate an unhealthy portion of our lives talking about it, reading about it, and reacting to it.

The hanging was our coming together to assemble that passion into a whole greater than the sum of its parts. To acknowledge our tribe. That’s what made it fun even if it was just a bunch of pictures of Charlie sheen. It’s the belonging. Our club.

Why not use that power to change lives? This year we clearly can for one of us. We’re still celebrating our club and now in a way I can tell people about outside of this nut house.

I like it. I hope it sticks.

Reaction Score
Firstly Mike, you’re one of my favorite posters.

Secondly, I had a moment of disappointment too, I’m not going to lie. Deep is turning this thing, no doubt, and away from the bizarre bordering on insanity shtick of the yard. This may be the death of our collective weird, but I doubt it. It will morph.

Ultimately what it’s about for me is our annual acknowledgement that we all have something in common. That were so insanely passionate about UConn basketball that we dedicate an unhealthy portion of our lives talking about it, reading about it, and reacting to it.

The hanging was our coming together to assemble that passion into a whole greater than the sum of its parts. To acknowledge our tribe. That’s what made it fun even if it was just a bunch of pictures of Charlie sheen. It’s the belonging. Our club.

Why not use that power to change lives? This year we clearly can for one of us. We’re still celebrating our club and now in a way I can tell people about outside of this nut house.

I like it. I hope it sticks.
THIS GUY GETS IT

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Thought about what you said to me the other day, about the mojo . Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me... I fell into a deep peaceful sleep, and haven't thought about you since. Do you know what occurred to me?

So if I asked you about mojo , you'd probably give me the skinny on every 3 pointer ever made . Calhoun , you know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations, him and the pope, sexual orientations, the whole works, right? But I'll bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Gampel locker room. You've never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling; seen that. If I ask you about women, you'd probably give me a syllabus about your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to Rebecca Lobo and feel truly happy.
You're a tough kid. And I'd ask you about war, you'd probably throw Pitt at me, right, "once more unto the breach dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held Thabeet’s head in your lap, watch him gasp his last breath looking to you for help.

I'd ask you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet. But you've never looked at Kemba Walker and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with his step back , feeling like God put an angel on earth just for you. Who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be his angel, to have that love for him, be there forever, through anything, through a 9-9 season. And you wouldn't know about sleeping sitting up in the hospital room for two months, holding his hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes, that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause it only occurs when you've loved something more than you love yourself. And I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. And look at you... I don't see an intelligent, confident man... I see a cocky, scared crapless kid. But you're a genius Deep. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about us because you saw a post from AntG and you ripped this board apart.
Just watched that last weekend. Forgot how good that speech was.

However, this was my takeaway: You implied Rebecca Lobo was a tramp.

But if that's good for mojo, let's have some pics!

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Moving on is not a horrible thing. Some traditions should die
Rolling Rock tops that list. But Deep is right that the hanging needs to be put to pasture.

@August_West gave us his best Robin Williams effort, well done. @OkaForPrez nailed it I think by focusing on this place as a community. That's what it's about. We eat our own a bit, but even those folks are our victims, we have their backs. When it's important, like a little girl with cancer, we put away childish things and do what is right.

There is however a lurking poison, and it reveals itself most often in game chat. Those who denigrate players who have chosen to wear a UConn jersey. I don't mean criticism or critique of play, but weak, cowardly personal attacks. The word "trash" should never be uttered in that context. It's bad enough that Tom pinned a thread. For the mojo, we need to end that. Cheer, encourage, root, bleed blue and stop acting like Syracuse fans. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. This is the way.

Reaction Score
In the vein of things that must die, I think we need to forget that we have 4 NCs. Or do our best to forget. I'd like to be the hungry huskies of the 90s again. I don't want to be the fat and lazy ex-jock who does nothing but ramble about the good old days of high school (or whenever).

JC has been gone for a decade. Most of us realize this, but not everyone. Some still want him back as an assistant... sitting on the bench I think. Not 100% sure about that last part. I've said this before, we have a new coach. He has zero NCs. Zero NCAA wins as a Husky. That's not exactly who we are as a program, but we are closer than we care to admit.

Did you know JC was 47 in 1990? Do you know DH is 47 right now? It's kinda a decent barometer for where DH is as a coach.... a bit behind JC. In 1990 JC tied for first in the BE regular season and won the BE Championship for the first time. DH was very competitive this year, but didn't match our 1990 results.

Along those lines, just like JC, @Deepster has done his part. Let him take a break.

nomar

#1 Casual Fan™
Reaction Score
In the vein of things that must die, I think we need to forget that we have 4 NCs. Or do our best to forget. I'd like to be the hungry huskies of the 90s again. I don't want to be the fat and lazy ex-jock who does nothing but ramble about the good old days of high school (or whenever).

JC has been gone for a decade. Most of us realize this, but not everyone. Some still want him back as an assistant... sitting on the bench I think. Not 100% sure about that last part. I've said this before, we have a new coach. He has zero NCs. Zero NCAA wins as a Husky. That's not exactly who we are as a program, but we are closer than we care to admit.

Did you know JC was 47 in 1990? Do you know DH is 47 right now? It's kinda a decent barometer for where DH is as a coach.... a bit behind JC. In 1990 JC tied for first in the BE regular season and won the BE Championship for the first time. DH was very competitive this year, but didn't match our 1990 results.

Along those lines, just like JC, @Deepster has done his part. Let him take a break.

Funny how old 47 was when I was 13 and how young it is now that I'm 45

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
I only want two things out of this tournament.

1. #5 (naturally)
2. For Whaley, Cole, Martin, and Polley to have their moment. They've earned it both in-service to this program and the fanbase. They can do that collectively by winning a few games, but more than anything I want them each to get their due payoff for their efforts here.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Rolling Rock tops that list. But Deep is right that the hanging needs to be put to pasture.

@August_West gave us his best Robin Williams effort, well done. @OkaForPrez nailed it I think by focusing on this place as a community. That's what it's about. We eat our own a bit, but even those folks are our victims, we have their backs. When it's important, like a little girl with cancer, we put away childish things and do what is right.

There is however a lurking poison, and it reveals itself most often in game chat. Those who denigrate players who have chosen to wear a UConn jersey. I don't mean criticism or critique of play, but weak, cowardly personal attacks. The word "trash" should never be uttered in that context. It's bad enough that Tom pinned a thread. For the mojo, we need to end that. Cheer, encourage, root, bleed blue and stop acting like Syracuse fans. Accentuate the positive and eliminate the negative. This is the way.
Beware the 'hide and shout' of the self-certain.

Assisted baskets
Bravery and modesty
Boxouts and putbacks

Service beyond self
Doing good by being good
Expanding the field

Reaction Score
I’m new blood here (well, relatively. I joined summer of 2013 before beginning my freshman year at UConn). As I’ve carved out my own spot on the Boneyard, happy to be an ever-optimistic, obscure character in the background who offers a quip or two when it dons upon me, I’m blown away by the history and camaraderie of this place.

Being here for the Senhor run of 2014 was a truly unique experience for me. And while it and the nostalgic stories of yore made me a touch jealous of missing all the… shenanigans of those past rounds, it tickled me to realize I’d found a community of UConn fans who not only equaled my own formidable passion, but oft surpassed it.

I suppose now it is time to rise from the ashes like a phoenix. We had our prime, glistening brightly for multiple decades. Then, we fell into an elderly state, before collapsing into a pile of ashes. Now, we’re reborn. Though we’re still a young adolescent phoenix, there’s reason to believe we’ll be that gleaming beast once again, very soon. And with this new era reborn, we should both reminisce and revel over tales from the past and also set upon this brave new world with an inquisitive swagger and a hunger to see what’s next.

If you find something works, do it. Whether it’s new or old. I know I sure as hell do. The mojo really has always been about the individual fans - the judge and the traditions served as an excellent set of guiders, but now it’s time to sink or swim on our own as we tackle the next phase of our proud program.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Dumpster is Mark Emmert's fluffer.

The SOB. He abandons his post at just the time he is required to do his former job. Not with a, "I think I am hanging them up at the end of this season", back in 2021. Nope, the inflamed pustule waits until the last minute, says his homeys aren't around anymore, and then says he hasn't got the energy, or something.

What a pathetic excuse for a man. There is such a thing as "low T". But Dumpster is the poster child for "No-T". One would have to have one's male bag surgically removed and start mainlineing estrogen to get where he is, today.

Then, having exited (rather publicly) stage left, the louse keeps coming back here, again and again, telling everyone what a bad job we are doing, trying to clean up the mess he created.

Can you imagine a co-worker, blowing up a project by not doing anything for 365 days, quitting the week before the project is due, saying "Well, I've done nothing to further the effort. Basically been shoplifting my paycheck for.the past year. You dopes are on your own."

And then keep coming back to the office for two weeks, helping himself to coffee and stealing your muffins, while telling you all how you stuck at picking up the pieces he left scattered all over the place.

Well, that is precisely what that hemorrhoidic anal pore has done.

And now he has the temerity to show up and claim that by doing NOTHING now, he is somehow fulfilling his job responsibilities.

Poor swami is too steeped in his senile dementia to even know what decade he is in. No doubt his long suffering daughter is busy trying to maintain some semblance of his online presence, in between emptying his drool cup.

Dumpster, that smear of dog poop on the bottom of your shoes, has been hung. He refuses to either abide by his sentence, or to just go away. (Both of which amount to the same thing, in practice.)

So we are stuck with him. It is as though someone dumped an entire bottle of that fart smell stuff on your living room couch.

You just cannot escape the foul smell he left.

Look, you toadstools have become a big part of the problem. These conciliatory posts of yours just have to stop (Adherance to the sentencing is a big part of what makes this MOJO world go around.).

Caustic, unrelenting insults and derision are what is required (under what passes for law around here).

Charlie Sheen Winning did not happen by you doofusses hanging around, giving Dumpster's testiculos a tongue bath. Senhor did not propel us to a title because everybody sat around, thinking to themselves "Geez, a Brazilian male pouch with feet! That's pretty funny!"

No!

It takes hard work and commitment to hang another banner in the rafters of Gampel. And you guys better get after it.

We are already days behind. A Japanese rock demon of death is prowling the earth. And NOBODY is attending to business.

Dumpster is hanging around, still posting. He is virtually guaranteeing a first round blowout loss to Eastern West Virginia State University at Cornhole, or whoever it is we are playing. And you guys are encouraging him.

I can't even!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Dumpster is Mark Emmert's fluffer.

The SOB. He abandons his post at just the time he is required to do his former job. Not with a, "I think I am hanging them up at the end of this season", back in 2021. Nope, the inflamed pustule waits until the last minute, says his homeys aren't around anymore, and then says he hasn't got the energy, or something.

What a pathetic excuse for a man. There is such a thing as "low T". But Dumpster is the poster child for "No-T". One would have to have one's male bag surgically removed and start mainlineing estrogen to get where he is, today.

Then, having exited (rather publicly) stage left, the louse keeps coming back here, again and again, telling everyone what a bad job we are doing, trying to clean up the mess he created.

Can you imagine a co-worker, blowing up a project by not doing anything for 365 days, quitting the week before the project is due, saying "Well, I've done nothing to further the effort. Basically been shoplifting my paycheck for.the past year. You dopes are on your own."

And then keep coming back to the office for two weeks, helping himself to coffee and stealing your muffins, while telling you all how you stuck at picking up the pieces he left scattered all over the place.

Well, that is precisely what that hemorrhoidic anal pore has done.

And now he has the temerity to show up and claim that by doing NOTHING now, he is somehow fulfilling his job responsibilities.

Poor swami is too steeped in his senile dementia to even know what decade he is in. No doubt his long suffering daughter is busy trying to maintain some semblance of his online presence, in between emptying his drool cup.

Dumpster, that smear of dog poop on the bottom of your shoes, has been hung. He refuses to either abide by his sentence, or to just go away. (Both of which amount to the same thing, in practice.)

So we are stuck with him. It is as though someone dumped an entire bottle of that fart smell stuff on your living room couch.

You just cannot escape the foul smell he left.

Look, you toadstools have become a big part of the problem. These conciliatory posts of yours just have to stop (Adherance to the sentencing is a big part of what makes this MOJO world go around.).

Caustic, unrelenting insults and derision are what is required (under what passes for law around here).

Charlie Sheen Winning did not happen by you doofusses hanging around, giving Dumpster's testiculos a tongue bath. Senhor did not propel us to a title because everybody sat around, thinking to themselves "Geez, a Brazilian male pouch with feet! That's pretty funny!"

No!

It takes hard work and commitment to hang another banner in the rafters of Gampel. And you guys better get after it.

We are already days behind. A Japanese rock demon of death is prowling the earth. And NOBODY is attending to business.

Dumpster is hanging around, still posting. He is virtually guaranteeing a first round blowout loss to Eastern West Virginia State University at Cornhole, or whoever it is we are playing. And you guys are encouraging him.

I can't even!
No one is reading any of this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom