The Judge Speaks: The Farewell Tour | The Boneyard

The Judge Speaks: The Farewell Tour

Reaction Score
Have no fear, Yarders. The Judge and his trusty Hangman Swami ride for you one final time. Like the heroes of the wild, wild West and their tails of yore, when our beloved townsfolk needed us? We again have answered your call to arms.

I have been serving as your beloved Judge since 1999 when I first shoved through bogus charges, held a meaningless trial and hung “The Dukie 5” en route to our first National Championship. And from there? To quote our resident hippy A-Dub, “what a long, strange trip it’s been”. We have eaten wings, worshipped a set of hairy Brazilian testicles and gotten drunk on tiger blood. They were the best of days.

When I sat back in the Judge’s Chambers the last couple days, I looked back at the last few weeks and it felt like old times. Metro North cars jammed with UConn fans. U-C-O-N-N chants ringing off the rafters of Madison Storrs Garden. Anticipation for Selection Sunday. And I remembered the Deepster’s #1 Rule of Mojo.

If you think it effects the Mojo, it does.

There will be no one hung. This year or from this point forward. Instead you will use this March and every March that follows it as a testament to storied history of the Boneyard and how we eat buffalo wings, drink Rolling Rocks, post Charlie Sheen references and torture Tom with a never-ending avalanche of (PG-13 rated) Senhor Testiculo memes because that is what makes up our championship DNA. And like Glinda told Dorothy, it's not the shoes. It's if you believe that when you click them? They take you home.

Those things all worked because we believed they did. It was nothing that I ever did otherwise.

And if you want to continue pulling at straws every March hoping to find the next needle in that haystack? Have at it. I won’t be part of that monkey business any longer. That old version of the Yard is gone and, as your trusted Mojo Maven, I am telling you. This is the way you keep it alive. You can choose to listen to me? Or you can follow Don Prankster Quixote and his “word of the day” calendar as he romps around tilting at windmills. Your call.

I will also say 2 final things and leave you to do what you will.
  1. I have nothing but respect the newer forms of social media. And I respect the impact of @Penfield and UConn Twitter as well as Marc D’Amelio and what he’s done for UConn sports. The Judge would love nothing more than to see what we did on the little ol’ Boneyard bleed out into the Twitter and TikTok’s of the world. More views, more pub, more buzz means more Mojo. Let's open this community up and use all the bullets in the gun.

2. You’re all fools if you don’t use the attention to this team over the next few weeks to help create something special for Aubrien Jimenez. The Yard, over the years, has never been better than when we’ve joined forces to help someone in time of need and this innocent little cherub already has the love of Coach Hurley and our team behind her. So, I challenge you all to figure something out here to shoot this family to the moon.
Listen to me and get moving? Or sit around trying to be smarter than me. Rest assured, only one of those options will work.

Screen Shot 2022-03-14 at 8.45.29 PM.png

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
The Hangman's gallows-weary eyes are misty upon reading this.
What? You don’t have to do anything. Why are you here again? Judge has spoken . Hangman irrelevant persona non grata. You may crawl back in your hole.

But let me thank you for your past service. It was essential and appreciated. But Deep just put you out to pasture.

Buh bye

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
I have a personal vendetta against the city of Buffalo. You don't need to know any more than that.
So go and make it right. Jam the g’damm huskies down their frickin throats

Reaction Score
I'm sure everyone knows this, but Buffalo wings were invented in Buffalo. I don't know.the name of the restaurant. This seems like ok mojo.

Reaction Score
So go and make it right. Jam the g’damm huskies down their frickin throats
Like I said in my original post. You can choose to be caught up in the irrelevant details? Or you can ask Mark D'Amelio how we get his kids to post Senhor Testiculo before tipoff.

OkaForPrez

Really Popular Poster
Reaction Score
I’ve chosen 45:07 as my mojo number.

Good riddance to the terps. To Steve Blake. And to early exists.

Attachments

• 3AEB6FD0-77AB-440C-98D2-7D008765110A.jpeg
    3AEB6FD0-77AB-440C-98D2-7D008765110A.jpeg
    176.3 KB · Views: 155

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Wait… let me get this straight, right before the hanging season you quit out of the blue and without warning. Then when others stepped up to fill that gap you said “oh no wait a minute I’m gonna do it.” And then your final edict is… nothing? No hanging? You’re leaving with the words of wisdom “hey do whatever you want!”

Dude, I have respect what you’ve done, but…
I expected better.

Well, I guess it’s up to the rest of us to make something out of the steaming pile of poo you left behind.

August_West

Conscience do cost
Reaction Score
Like I said in my original post. You can choose to be caught up in the irrelevant details? Or you can ask Mark D'Amelio how we get his kids to post Senhor Testiculo before tipoff.
It’s not about the mojo or hangings . It’s personal. I want to help you get through your Buffalo complex, because @Deepster ?

…….

matt damon fault GIF

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Waaaahh this place isn’t what it is anymore so go look at our digital scrapbook or something while I send this place further from whence it came.

That about right?
Big Balls Robots GIF by Spiegelworld

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jamie Taco

Top Bottom