The Judge Listens | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The Judge Listens

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
Nobody will read this.
I bet you're >90% right (and so what?)

AND, I commend you for quoting it while I was proofreading the typos, so people can see not just the excess but the first draft flaws.

It's good for the mojo. @Deepster taught me that, bless his heart.

Samoo

Providence-Newark-San Antonio
Reaction Score
Meh.

Times have changed.

Last year you weren't just riding the "UConn's roster was misconstructed and has no point guard" train, you were the engineer.

Trials & hangings totally fit a program that won by limiting opponents to fewer points. Now, we've got a 2nd year guy who transmitted the the Championship DNA to 6 new guys, shot a 50-40-90, and got shut out of every award, while 5 teammates and the Head Coach got recognition.

Last year was a collective mojo build from an inconceivable number of directions.

Some people used their own catch-phrases (e.g., "I have spoken"). Some posted advanced statistics; in response, some memed on the anti-intellectual theme of "Nerds!" Some people took themselves out of the equation and stopped posting, like a religious fast or a observance of Lent.

One guy who had changed his avatar to Cooley's face superimposed onto Testiculo scrotal image on a beer can kept it there, even after it had done its work as to Providence (unless all of that was the year before, [yawn]).

I swapped out my avatar for a picture of the 2013 National Champions banner that got removed from Louisville's home arena's rafters due to the NCAA disqualification that stripped them of their title and instead was re-hung in direct view of the KFC Yum! Center, on the side of the Whiskey Row Lofts building across the street from the 3rd Street Bridge's off-load from Indiana into downtown.

Combining several suggestions by people who wanted me to mute myself, I limited myself to a single post each game day, and then to no more than 3 words in any such posts. You try writing a 3-line haiku that way: there are not a lot of 7-syllable words.

In other words, we all pitched in with something to serve the collective vision. No one guy took the noose. We were like Spartacus, and the team feasted its way to #5.

Nobody tried to strong-arm everybody to get in line with a single focus that hasn't even been communicated with any more clarity than Joseph McCarthy claimed nearly 70 years ago that he had lists of names that never materialized.

The whole notion of trials and judges in fact had been richly debunked right out of the gate last season... by - lemme look it up, oh yeah - a guy named @Deepster. That's right, the guy who later made a bid to come back into the fray like a hero, after carping & whining about anything attempted by anybody else.

And get this - he's doing it again this year, while claiming credit for last year no less. Gimme a break.

You've stomped on this kind of stuff for more than 20 years, and now you want @prankster to can it cuz he's a B-lister?

I'm a nobody, put on Ignore long before the wussy threats that lopped off @CL82 ("18 minutes in") and got threatened toward Prankster within the last page.

Loyalty's an admirable quality, and roots run deep, but pulling rank via thin-slicing which week within August 2011 somebody arrived at this particular iteration of The Boneyard is a laughable flex, when you compare it to the feeble "Little Stick" and "Overruled" rejoinders while nothing giving evidence of what's been cooking. And the BET has day one in the books.

If it's in another thread, great. If it's great stuff, even better. Just keep it in proportion.

There's a place on this wagon for the old and the new, the old and the young, the somebodies, the nobodies, the has-beens, the never-weres, the not-yets, the would of/could of/should of crowd, the would've/could've/should've scolds, the woulda/should/coulda peeps who colloquially cover themselves or do it 'just cuz, the bloviators, the experts, the low info types with or without attitude.

Ah, go ahead, stick your thumb on the scale, if you really believe in it, or need to, or want to, or feel the call to return a courtesy the same way back-of-the-book-jacket log-rolling blurb writers help out their friends & colleagues toward mutual career advancement. I know that you know it's silly, at least as much so as this overlong screed is.

Under 11 hours until tip-off, Xaviercs just gone up by a point in the replay. 6 minutes remain. DePaul screwed the pooch. Neptune lives to orbit another day.

Deep's star shined bright in another time, but his various 'isms' are past their "Best by" date, and authoritarianism is the biggest tell.

Boeheim stuck around long enough to see his kids play for him during his only losing season, and then stuck around for one more, only to find out that clownish affectations like, "Overruled" had expired.

Can't wait to see what has posted while I wrote this. Then I'll get a good night's sleep.

Go Huskies!
TLDR, and if Deepster gets hung having everyone put him on ignore for a couple of weeks seems appropriate.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
TLDR, and if Deepster gets hung having everyone put him on ignore for a couple of weeks seems appropriate.
FIRST: "We don't need no steenkin' judge or hangings in the old school way."

[Then I 'showed my work to satisfy the pedants, whether any such exist or care. It's my time to waste if I want, and it's a decent read for a limited audience. NBD if it's not for 'you,' meaning anybody]

CLOSING: "And we certainly don't need to suck up to or be under the thumb of any pseudo macho mean girls clique energy."

Hope that helps.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
It was not.

Imbecile.

Ed came to a few, including the first one. First time I met him, he handed me a EpiPen and said, if I get stung by a bee, you gotta use this or I’m gonna die. (I’m squeamish so he definitely was gonna die.)

This guy came to one - the first one that Wayne Norman came to.
Everything else aside I find it difficult to believe you're squeamish.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
That looks more like a list of options than a resume.

I'll go "C", another self ban.
I might have to self ban if I can find a good reason.

But it might be best to make him suffer, and I mean really suffer for his sentence.

Something like making him post on the Providence board, every day for the entire tournament. Each and every day, not just game days. And he has to get at least 3 likes each day, so he can't be his normal self. He has to dig deep and find something inspiringly nice to say to Friars fans, each and every day.

Oh, and he can't post here for the duration, either, except to post links to his likes.

I may have to sharpen this up a bit, but this has potential, I think.

Reaction Score
Meh.

Times have changed.

Last year you weren't just riding the "UConn's roster was misconstructed and has no point guard" train, you were the engineer.

Trials & hangings totally fit a program that won by limiting opponents to fewer points. Now, we've got a 2nd year guy who transmitted the the Championship DNA to 6 new guys, shot a 50-40-90, and got shut out of every award, while 5 teammates and the Head Coach got recognition.

Last year was a collective mojo build from an inconceivable number of directions.

Some people used their own catch-phrases (e.g., "I have spoken"). Some posted advanced statistics; in response, some memed on the anti-intellectual theme of "Nerds!" Some people took themselves out of the equation and stopped posting, like a religious fast or a observance of Lent.

One guy who had changed his avatar to Cooley's face superimposed onto Testiculo scrotal image on a beer can kept it there, even after it had done its work as to Providence (unless all of that was the year before, [yawn]).

I swapped out my avatar for a picture of the 2013 National Champions banner that got removed from Louisville's home arena's rafters due to the NCAA disqualification that stripped them of their title and instead was re-hung in direct view of the KFC Yum! Center, on the side of the Whiskey Row Lofts building across the street from the 3rd Street Bridge's off-load from Indiana into downtown.

Combining several suggestions by people who wanted me to mute myself, I limited myself to a single post each game day, and then to no more than 3 words in any such posts. You try writing a 3-line haiku that way: there are not a lot of 7-syllable words.

In other words, we all pitched in with something to serve the collective vision. No one guy took the noose. We were like Spartacus, and the team feasted its way to #5.

Nobody tried to strong-arm everybody to get in line with a single focus that hasn't even been communicated with any more clarity than Joseph McCarthy claimed nearly 70 years ago that he had lists of names that never materialized.

The whole notion of trials and judges in fact had been richly debunked right out of the gate last season... by - lemme look it up, oh yeah - a guy named @Deepster. That's right, the guy who later made a bid to come back into the fray like a hero, after carping & whining about anything attempted by anybody else.

And get this - he's doing it again this year, while claiming credit for last year no less. Gimme a break.

You've stomped on this kind of stuff for more than 20 years, and now you want @prankster to can it cuz he's a B-lister?

I'm a nobody, put on Ignore long before the wussy threats that lopped off @CL82 ("18 minutes in") and got threatened toward Prankster within the last page.

Loyalty's an admirable quality, and roots run deep, but pulling rank via thin-slicing which week within August 2011 somebody arrived at this particular iteration of The Boneyard is a laughable flex, when you compare it to the feeble "Little Stick" and "Overruled" rejoinders while nothing giving evidence of what's been cooking. And the BET has day one in the books.

If it's in another thread, great. If it's great stuff, even better. Just keep it in proportion.

There's a place on this wagon for the old and the new, the old and the young, the somebodies, the nobodies, the has-beens, the never-weres, the not-yets, the would of/could of/should of crowd, the would've/could've/should've scolds, the woulda/should/coulda peeps who colloquially cover themselves or do it 'just cuz, the bloviators, the experts, the low info types with or without attitude.

Ah, go ahead, stick your thumb on the scale, if you really believe in it, or need to, or want to, or feel the call to return a courtesy the same way back-of-the-book-jacket log-rolling blurb writers help out their friends & colleagues toward mutual career advancement. I know that you know it's silly, at least as much so as this overlong screed is.

Under 11 hours until tip-off, Xaviercs just gone up by a point in the replay. 6 minutes remain. DePaul screwed the pooch. Neptune lives to orbit another day.

Deep's star shined bright in another time, but his various 'isms' are past their "Best by" date, and authoritarianism is the biggest tell.

Boeheim stuck around long enough to see his kids play for him during his only losing season, and then stuck around for one more, only to find out that clownish affectations like, "Overruled" had expired.

Can't wait to see what has posted while I wrote this. Then I'll get a good night's sleep.

Go Huskies!

IMG_4710.gif

Reaction Score
The old guy with wild hair was Essex Ed. And, he died.
Essex Ed did not have wild hair. He had a military cut under his army issue helmet worn to prevent a golf ball to his noggin.

So shut up, Dove.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
It was not.

Imbecile.

Ed came to a few, including the first one. First time I met him, he handed me a EpiPen and said, if I get stung by a bee, you gotta use this or I’m gonna die. (I’m squeamish so he definitely was gonna die.)

This guy came to one - the first one that Wayne Norman came to.
Twas a joke you triggered old fool.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Meh.

Times have changed.

Go Huskies!
This is definitely the way! You have spoken!

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score

View attachment 97637
That was the post that killed me the worst last year. All that whining crap after a win.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

View attachment 97637
The first 7 pages were a pretty solid educational resource. I might circle back for the second half later for entertainment purposes, but it certainly names names, speaks for itself, and it seems as though a number of posters have shifted in stance, whether they've acknowledged this or not.

Thanks for posting

Reaction Score
That was the post that killed me the worst last year. All that whining crap after a win.

I am trying to be less of a jerk but that was a year of bad takes from the big man. Nobody cried more about our portal losses and portal additions. Up there with ZLS saying Bazz was the worst PG in UConn history.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
TBH - I've been on this board for a long time and I don't understand any of this Judge nonsense. Every time it comes up in one of these threads I get bored lol.
Every thread has a title.

It helps the consumer optimize his, her or it's time on the Board.

If you already know which topics bore you, then I would recommend that you exercise more discretion. Reading 6 pages deep into what you find to be a boring subject, only to, then, post your complaint....

Have you considered therapy?

Reaction Score
TBH - I've been on this board for a long time and I don't understand any of this Judge nonsense. Every time it comes up in one of these threads I get bored lol.
LOL. You’re 6 pages deep. You ain’t bored, amigo.

Reaction Score
I didn't read all 6 pages. I typed my post at the bottom of page 1. (if I actually have read all of these threads over the years I wouldn't have posted what I did)

I have no idea why @Deepster is called the judge, or the jurrrrdge, or judge judy, or judge wapner. (maybe someone can quote this post and give me the Reader's Digest version)

And it isn't a complaint - it is an observation.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
Simple jackI didn't read all 6 pages. I typed my post at the bottom of page 1. (if I actually have read all of these threads over the years I wouldn't have posted what I did)

I have no idea why @Deepster is called the judge, or the jurrrrdge, or judge judy, or judge wapner. (maybe someone can quote this post and give me the Reader's Digest version)

And it isn't a complaint - it is an observation.
He’s called “ simple judge”
Animated GIF

Reaction Score
We each own our own mojo
Do with as you will
The rest is BS

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
I’ll be there Friday and Saturday. Should I look for you in the PC student section?
What Thursday quarterfinal is not good enough for you? You realize there might not have been a UConn Friday, and there still might not be a UConn Saturday. You need to get after it game by game. But obviously deep the bandwagoner can only show up for the big ones. For a Jets fan you exhibit some real pats fan tendencies.

since it’s your first trip in tomorrow, let me clue you into how the BET works: you will find fans of every team in every section, some more than others .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom