The Judge Listens | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Judge Listens

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
I personally believe that last year was evidence that we are better off without a judge. As great as the prior championship runs were, in 1999 and 2004 the teams did not need any assistance from us. 2011 was Makers Muppet's doing. if Deep tries to claim he had anything to do with it he's even more delusional than I thought.

Senhor, well, if he wants to take credit for locating an anthropomorphic scrotum, well, I'll give him that as I really can't think of anyone else capable of finding such a thing. As I also remember some failed attempts (turkey sandwiches with ketchup for example), it is quite possible that 2014 was a matter of a blind squirrel finding a nut, or in that case, a blind judge finding a pair of nuts in a sack.

That aside, we had a deluge of mojo last year, primarily because we were free from the reign of error that we had been subjected to for decades. It was quite obvious that free form, conjure as you best see fit by all members (not to use the term inclusive but,...) is clearly the best way to appease the mojo gods.

If we want to be at our best we should be judgeless.

Reaction Score
I personally believe that last year was evidence that we are better off without a judge. As great as the prior championship runs were, in 1999 and 2004 the teams did not need any assistance from us. 2011 was Makers Muppet's doing. if Deep tries to claim he had anything to do with it he's even more delusional than I thought.

Senhor, well, if he wants to take credit for locating an anthropomorphic scrotum, well, I'll give him that as I really can't think of anyone else capable of finding such a thing. As I also remember some failed attempts (turkey sandwiches with ketchup for example), it is quite possible that 2014 was a matter of a blind squirrel finding a nut, or in that case, a blind judge finding a pair of nuts in a sack.

That aside, we had a deluge of mojo last year, primarily because we were free from the reign of error that we had been subjected to for decades. It was quite obvious that free form, conjure as you best see fit by all members (not to use the term inclusive but,...) is clearly the best way to appease the mojo gods.

Reign of error; that's funny!

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
You’re close to the ignore edge, old man. Tread lightly.
I sincerely doubt that I would notice or care were you to put me on ignore.

As my daughter says, from time to time, you do you.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Truth be told, it was prankster who brought Senhor Testiculo to the Boneyard, on the last day of the "summer season", off topic doldrums.

Which pranksters parlayed forward into the game by game Senhor Testiculo Award (so much more like a Chiefs Briefs, but for casual fans and eyeball tests (testes?).)

Anyway, I
Deepster.had me hung for the offense of bringing Senhor to the forefront. Which resulted in the Natty.

Now, many are hung, but few bring the Mojo. prankster brought the Mojo and.history made.

And, as I have said/confessed, in the debacle that was last year's abdication/appointment(s), mojo landmines, etc., prankster presumed the chair of.justice, had himself hung, fulfilled his sentence and delivered Natty #2.

This makes prankster both the only Boneyarder to be twice hung, but the only Boneyarder to have delivered a Natty 2.times.

(Golf clap is appropriate, here)

Reaction Score
Truth be told, it was prankster who brought Senhor Testiculo to the Boneyard, on the last day of the "summer season", off topic doldrums.

Which pranksters parlayed forward into the game by game Senhor Testiculo Award (so much more like a Chiefs Briefs, but for casual fans and eyeball tests (testes?).)

Anyway, I
Deepster.had me hung for the offense of bringing Senhor to the forefront. Which resulted in the Natty.

Now, many are hung, but few bring the Mojo. prankster brought the Mojo and.history made.

And, as I have said/confessed, in the debacle that was last year's abdication/appointment(s), mojo landmines, etc., prankster presumed the chair of.justice, had himself hung, fulfilled his sentence and delivered Natty #2.

This makes prankster both the only Boneyarder to be twice hung, but the only Boneyarder to have delivered a Natty 2.times.

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    186.8 KB · Views: 30

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Anyway, I

Super Troopers Good Job GIF by Searchlight Pictures

Reaction Score

Overruled.

Reaction Score
Listen. This one isn’t your normal run of the mill game of patty cakes.

This is Mt Rushmore territory. This is a season for the ages. And I’m just not going to let the Yard Stooges doink into each other on this.

I was the first Judge. I’m the only Judge. Grab your oar and paddle behind me or stay out of the way.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Perhaps you have ( in the depths of your senile dementia) lost sight of that whole resignation thing last year ( that was very well received, as I recall).

Whereby you repudiated the office and all rights and privileges driving therefrom.

Please know your place. Sit down and shut up.

We forget you.

Reaction Score
Listen. This one isn’t your normal run of the mill game of patty cakes.

This is Mt Rushmore territory. This is a season for the ages. And I’m just not going to let the Yard Stooges doink into each other on this.

I was the first Judge. I’m the only Judge. Grab your oar and paddle behind me or stay out of the way.
Deepster trying to rally the troops.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Look, I was tried, convicted and hung the Senhor Testiculo year. Outside of the long suffering temery, it was the most humorous and engaging of all championship years, IMHO.

Last year began this BS from Sheepster (Mark Emmert's fluffer) and folks probed around as to what would and would not work out mojo-wise speaking. Ultimately, as an Iona (gs) alum, along with other transgressions, real or imagined, I determined to hang myself ( not unlike the plastic surgeon of legend). It was a similar sentence to the one I endured in the Testiculo year. No posting for the duration.

Worked! Totally worked!

Now we are going through the same procedure. I think Mani g CL82 Judge could work. Heck I could appoint my least cat and he would do better than Sheepster.

This is what we are reduced to.

Anyway, all the mojo flows from and through Coach Hurley, this year in my opinion.

You just need to pipe down. No one needs a B-lister running amok.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
I sure hope that LOL meant "lots of love"

Do you actually care?

Anyway, he didn’t die, just stopped posting. Or he might have stopped posting and then died, but the two were unrelated. He definitely stopped posting but not because he died. However, that’s not to say that he has not died since. No way for us to know that. Got tired of the goofs on the women’s board, most likely.

Wonkster was the guy who died.

I think he actually came to one of the first BYCs - old guy with really wild hair.

Dove

Part of the 2%
Reaction Score
Do you actually care?

Anyway, he didn’t die, just stopped posting. Or he might have stopped posting and then died, but the two were unrelated. He definitely stopped posting but not because he died. However, that’s not to say that he has not died since. No way for us to know that. Got tired of the goofs on the women’s board, most likely.

Wonkster was the guy who died.

I think he actually came to one of the first BYCs - old guy with really wild hair.
The old guy with wild hair was Essex Ed. And, he died.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
The old guy with wild hair was Essex Ed. And, he died.

It was not.

Imbecile.

Ed came to a few, including the first one. First time I met him, he handed me a EpiPen and said, if I get stung by a bee, you gotta use this or I’m gonna die. (I’m squeamish so he definitely was gonna die.)

This guy came to one - the first one that Wayne Norman came to.

Reaction Score

Anyway, I

Truth be told it was Prankster who always brought the Ordinance

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
You just need to pipe down. No one needs a B-lister running amok.
Meh.

Times have changed.

Last year you weren't just riding the "UConn's roster was misconstructed and has no point guard" train, you were the engineer.

Trials & hangings totally fit a program that won by limiting opponents to fewer points. Now, we've got a 2nd year guy who transmitted the the Championship DNA to 6 new guys, shot a 50-40-90, and got shut out of every award, while 5 teammates and the Head Coach got recognition.

Last year was a collective mojo build from an inconceivable number of directions.

Some people used their own catch-phrases (e.g., "I have spoken"). Some posted advanced statistics; in response, some memed on the anti-intellectual theme of "Nerds!" Some people took themselves out of the equation and stopped posting, like a religious fast or a observance of Lent.

One guy who had changed his avatar to Cooley's face superimposed onto Testiculo scrotal image on a beer can kept it there, even after it had done its work as to Providence (unless all of that was the year before, [yawn]).

I swapped out my avatar for a picture of the 2013 National Champions banner that got removed from Louisville's home arena's rafters due to the NCAA disqualification that stripped them of their title and instead was re-hung in direct view of the KFC Yum! Center, on the side of the Whiskey Row Lofts building across the street from the 3rd Street Bridge's off-load from Indiana into downtown.

Combining several suggestions by people who wanted me to mute myself, I limited myself to a single post each game day, and then to no more than 3 words in any such posts. You try writing a 3-line haiku that way: there are not a lot of 7-syllable words.

In other words, we all pitched in with something to serve the collective vision. No one guy took the noose. We were like Spartacus, and the team feasted its way to #5.

Nobody tried to strong-arm everybody to get in line with a single focus that hasn't even been communicated with any more clarity than Joseph McCarthy claimed nearly 70 years ago that he had lists of names that never materialized.

The whole notion of trials and judges in fact had been richly debunked right out of the gate last season... by - lemme look it up, oh yeah - a guy named @Deepster. That's right, the guy who later made a bid to come back into the fray like a hero, after carping & whining about anything attempted by anybody else.

And get this - he's doing it again this year, while claiming credit for last year no less. Gimme a break.

You've stomped on this kind of stuff for more than 20 years, and now you want @prankster to can it cuz he's a B-lister?

I'm a nobody, put on Ignore long before the wussy threats that lopped off @CL82 ("18 minutes in") and got threatened toward Prankster within the last page.

Loyalty's an admirable quality, and roots run deep, but pulling rank via thin-slicing which week within August 2011 somebody arrived at this particular iteration of The Boneyard is a laughable flex, when you compare it to the feeble "Little Stick" and "Overruled" rejoinders while nothing giving evidence of what's been cooking. And the BET has day one in the books.

If it's in another thread, great. If it's great stuff, even better. Just keep it in proportion.

There's a place on this wagon for the old and the new, the old and the young, the somebodies, the nobodies, the has-beens, the never-weres, the not-yets, the would of/could of/should of crowd, the would've/could've/should've scolds, the woulda/should/coulda peeps who colloquially cover themselves or do it 'just cuz, the bloviators, the experts, the low info types with or without attitude.

Ah, go ahead, stick your thumb on the scale, if you really believe in it, or need to, or want to, or feel the call to return a courtesy the same way back-of-the-book-jacket log-rolling blurb writers help out their friends & colleagues toward mutual career advancement. I know that you know it's silly, at least as much so as this overlong screed is.

Under 11 hours until tip-off, Xaviercs just gone up by a point in the replay. 6 minutes remain. DePaul screwed the pooch. Neptune lives to orbit another day.

Deep's star shined bright in another time, but his various 'isms' are past their "Best by" date, and authoritarianism is the biggest tell.

Boeheim stuck around long enough to see his kids play for him during his only losing season, and then stuck around for one more, only to find out that clownish affectations like, "Overruled" had expired.

Can't wait to see what has posted while I wrote this. Then I'll get a good night's sleep.

Go Huskies!

Last edited:

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Meh.

Times have changed.

Last year you weren't just riding the "UConn's roster was misconstructed and has no point guard" train, you were the engineer.

Trials & hangings totally fit a program that won by limiting opponents to fewer points. Now, we've got a 2nd year guy who transmitted the the Championship DNA to 6 new guys, shot a 50-40-90, and got shut out of every award, while 5 teammates and the Head Coach got recognition.

Last year was a collective mojo build from an inconceivable number of directions.

Some people used their own catch-phrases (e.g., "I have spoken"). Some posted advanced statistics; in response, some memed on the anti-intellectual theme of "Nerds!" Some people took themselves out of the equation and stopped posting, like a religious fast or a observance of Lent.

One guy who had changed his avatar to Cooley's face superimposed onto Testiculo scrotal image on a beer can kept it there, even after it had died its work as to Providence (unless all of that was the year before, [yawn]).

I swapped out my avatar for a picture of the 2013 National Champions banner that got removed from Louisville's home arena's rafters due to the NCAA disqualification that stripped them of their title and instead was re-hung in direct view of the KFC Yum! Center, on the side of the Whiskey Row Lofts building across the street from the 3rd Street Bridge's off-load from Indiana into downtown. Combining several suggestions by people who wanted me to mute myself, I limited myself to a single post each game day, and the to no more than 3 words in such posts. You try writing a 3-line haiku that way: there aren't a lot of 7-syllable words.

In other words, we all pitched in with something to serve the collective vision. No one guy took the noose. We were like Spartacus, and the team feasted it's way to #5.

Nobody tried to strong arm everybody to get in line with a single focus that hasn't even been communicated with any more clarity than Joseph McCarthy claimed nearly 70 years ago that he had lists of names that never got provided.

The whole notion of trials and judges in fact had been richly debunked right out of the gate by - lemme look it up, oh yeah - a guy named @Deepster. That's right, the guy who made a bid to come back into the fray like a hero, after carping & whining about anything attempted by anybody else.

And get this - he's doing it again this year, while claiming credit for last year no less. Gimme a break. You've stumped on this kind of stuff for more than 20 years, and now you want @prankster to can it cuz he's a B-lister?

I'm a nobody, put on Ignore long before the wussy threats that lopped off @CL82 ("18 minutes in") and got threatened toward Prankster within the last page.

Loyalty's an admirable quality, and roots run deep, but pulling rank via thin-slicing which week within August 2011 somebody arrived at this particular iteration of The Boneyard is a laughable flex, when you compare it to the feeble "Little Stick" and "Overruled" rejoinders and nothing of what's been cooking, while the BET has day one in the books.

There's a place on this wagon for the old and the new, the old and the young, the somebodies, the nobodies, the has-beens, the never weres, the not yets, the would of/could of/should of crowd, the would've/could've/should've scolds, the woulda/should/coulda peeps who colloquial to cover themselves or 'just cuz, the bloviators, the experts, the low infi types with or without attitude.

Ah, go ahead, stick your thumb on the scale, if you really believe in it, or need to, or want to, or feel the call to return a courtesy the same way back-of-the-book-jacket log-rolling blurb writers help out their friends & colleagues toward mutual career advancement. I know you know it's silly, at least as much so as this screed is.

Under 12 hours until tip-off, Butler's just gone up by a point in the replay. Now Xavier. 13 minutes remain. DePaul screwed the pooch. Neptune lives to orbit another day.

Deep's star shined bright in another time, but his various isms are past their "Best by" date, and authoritarianism is the biggest tell.

Boeheim stuck around long enough to see his kids play for him during his only losing season, and then stuck around for one more, only to find out that clownish affectations like, "Overruled" had expired.

Can't wait to see what has posted while I wrote this. Then I'll get a good night's sleep.

Go Huskies!

Nobody will read this.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom