The Judge Listens | Page 4 | The Boneyard

The Judge Listens

Reaction Score
Wow! I don’t know how much of the back and forth animosity in this thread is real or made up for entertainment. But this thread is insane and amazingly entertaining during this downtime before the boys play again tomorrow. Like driving by a car wreck I have to stop and read. Very entertaining. Thank you to all the contributors.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
Hey. I get it. I started all this mojo/Judge stuff back in 1999. And it worked. Over and over. So the people got attached to it. Naturally.

It’s clear that no one else can fill the robe. I tried to give others the chance at this proud tradition and it was like watching a bunch of monkeys porking a football. Remember when you had Penfeld try? Yikes. And again, with the importance of a repeat looming I hesitate mentioning that Prankster debacle from last year too much. Your boy ADub has fled the Yard offering to buy PC fans beers before the game last week.

So let’s stay focused. I’ll get us there. Again.
Take IT and YOURSELF to the women’s board.

Reaction Score
We are living in an authoritarian era, I think it is then fitting the only way this mojo thing is going to work is to give the judge authoritarian powers for the next weeks. At least until we all fall in line. The judge needs the tools to delete or edit those replies that are not properly on message.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
I hate to disrupt this quest for fire but, please, beware of false prophets. It should be clear by now that we don't find the mojo, the mojo finds us. There is no keg of mojo to put a tap on; no synthetic mojo sold in a syringe. Winning mojo won't come out of a committee, it'll hitch slap one of us in the back of the head and challenge the rest of us to notice. Clear heads full hearts people.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
I hate to disrupt this quest for fire but, please, beware of false prophets. It should be clear by now that we don't find the mojo, the mojo finds us. There is no keg of mojo to put a tap on; no synthetic mojo sold in a syringe. Winning mojo won't come out of a committee, it'll hitch slap one of us in the back of the head and challenge the rest of us to notice. Clear heads full hearts people.
Those "clear heads" of which you speak.... Where are those mythical things to be found?

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Isn't this more fun?
Eh. Don't underestimate deepster's ability to screw things up. He's been working pretty hard at that for about 18 months now.

Reaction Score
We are living in an authoritarian era, I think it is then fitting the only way this mojo thing is going to work is to give the judge authoritarian powers for the next weeks. At least until we all fall in line. The judge needs the tools to delete or edit those replies that are not properly on message.
Finally. Someone here makes sense.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score
Eh. Don't underestimate deepster's ability to screw things up. He's been working pretty hard at that for about 18 months now.
Back when I did play hoop, we had a term for certain players. And it seems applicable to Deepster.

"Self Check"

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
More accurately, we live in an era with the threat of authoritarianism rising without a healthy opposing response. Such responses have historically stemmed such threats, and the vast majority of Boneyard participants have been heavy net beneficiaries of such responses.

Further discussion on such topics would lie clearly outside the communicated boundaries of this forum.

Then again, this post works well as a joke or a mechanism to expose madness in those who express support for such a path.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Sheepster.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
Take IT and YOURSELF to the women’s board.

We did that once. It didn’t work out well.

In 2011, on an earlier iteration of this board, we were banned en-masse from the women's board, which was an important boost to the mojo during that run.

FfldCntyFan

Texas: Property of UConn Men's Basketball program
Reaction Score
In what Boneyard fictional universe is someone allowed to come out of retirement and anoint himself with authoritarian powers?

He is (as A-Dub astutely identified him) Simple Judge.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
We don’t need a retread especially a weak one. We want an individual who is strong and doesn’t need time out like a petulant child.

UConn is an upstart in the college basketball world. We should be making Patrick Henry speeches. Give us liberty or give us death. Time to end the reign of monarchs and dick-tators and blue bloods.

This is the Hurley era. Sheepster had his great run in the JC era. Time for him to step aside.

There are lies and there are damn lies. Sheepster’s attempt to rewrite recent history falls into the category of damn lies. It was @CL82 who started the Bill Murray theme. It was @August_West who did the math nerd theme. Several poster’s instigated the Buds. The back and forth with the put down of sheepster was last year. This thread is an affront to originality. An affront to a completely different UConn team running the best offensive scheme of UConn basketball that I have ever had the privilege to watch!

Time for a new judge. Eliminate the poxy August. His eating ketchup on turkey sandwiches was a noble but absolutely abysmal failure. If that was not enough he does a Quisling forsaking The Boneyard for the Friars.

I had @prankster’s back and nominated him judge last year. Testiculo was the mojo of all mojos. Ain’t happening this year. Rooting for Syracuse is a hang able offense.

If Fishy is not available then we should consider CL82 as an option. At the very least we need to create a list of candidates for Judge if we decide we need one.

Reaction Score
We don’t need a retread especially a weak one. We want an individual who is strong and doesn’t need time out like a petulant child.

UConn is an upstart in the college basketball world. We should be making Patrick Henry speeches. Give us liberty or give us death. Time to end the reign of monarchs and dick-tators and blue bloods.

This is the Hurley era. Sheepster had his great run in the JC era. Time for him to step aside.

There are lies and there are damn lies. Sheepster’s attempt to rewrite recent history falls into the category of damn lies. It was @CL82 who started the Bill Murray theme. It was @August_West who did the math nerd theme. Several poster’s instigated the Buds. The back and forth with the put down of sheepster was last year. This thread is an affront to originality. An affront to a completely different UConn team running the best offensive scheme of UConn basketball that I have ever had the privilege to watch!

Time for a new judge. Eliminate the poxy August. His eating ketchup on turkey sandwiches was a noble but absolutely abysmal failure. If that was not enough he does a Quisling forsaking The Boneyard for the Friars.

I had @prankster’s back and nominated him judge last year. Testiculo was the mojo of all mojos. Ain’t happening this year. Rooting for Syracuse is a hang able offense.

If Fishy is not available then we should consider CL82 as an option. At the very least we need to create a list of candidates for Judge if we decide we need one.
No thanks.

prankster

Twister Member
Reaction Score

Look, I was tried, convicted and hung the Senhor Testiculo year. Outside of the long suffering temery, it was the most humorous and engaging of all championship years, IMHO.

Last year began this BS from Sheepster (Mark Emmert's fluffer) and folks probed around as to what would and would not work out mojo-wise speaking. Ultimately, as an Iona (gs) alum, along with other transgressions, real or imagined, I determined to hang myself ( not unlike the plastic surgeon of legend). It was a similar sentence to the one I endured in the Testiculo year. No posting for the duration.

Worked! Totally worked!

Now we are going through the same procedure. I think Mani g CL82 Judge could work. Heck I could appoint my least cat and he would do better than Sheepster.

This is what we are reduced to.

Anyway, all the mojo flows from and through Coach Hurley, this year in my opinion.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom