The Injury List | Page 5 | The Boneyard

The Injury List

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
More bad news for West Virginia.
Pardee to miss 3-6 weeks with ankle injury

That leaves 8 healthy players for now.

I still haven't heard anything about the status of Kysre Gondrezick, the Michigan transfer who played several games before Christmas and then mysteriously disappeared. Edit: Well, I just came across this update:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Surgery "to remove a bone on her fifth metatarsal in her fractured left foot. " Huh? Maybe a spur?? She may have a fractured metatarsal and xrays revealed the spur.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Knock on wood, Katlyn Gilbert will recover fully from this and be able to come back in time for the 2019-20 season. Interestingly, as pointed out on the Bench, she'll be a 4-year hoops classmate of her good friend (from AAU ball), Anaya Peoples. This is one instance where two friends did go to the same school.
Good luck, Katlyn.
Damn! I hate opening this thread for exactly this reason. I did not realize that Gilbert was lost for the season. Good luck to her for a speedy recovery.

Dillon77

WBB Enthusiast; ND Alum, Fan
Reaction Score
Damn! I hate opening this thread for exactly this reason. I did not realize that Gilbert was lost for the season. Good luck to her for a speedy recovery.

Wouldn't be ND without another season-ending injury (joining Katie Cole's ACL tear). If you recall, she was wearing a Bri Turner-like shoulder harness and still playing but she had a serious collision under a basket that apparently sent it from bad to worse in late November/early December. (Around the Iowa or UConn games). She's supposed to be AOK and easily qualifies for a medical redshirt, which -- as stated before -- will allow her to spend all four years playing alongside BFF Anaya Peoples. (Some friends do attend the same places!)

Damn again! Good luck on a speedy recovery Samantha.

Recover time: six to eight weeks? Maybe back in time for post-season? Maybe not? Recover well, Sam!

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Chole Bibby of Mississippi state went down very early in the game against South Carolina tonight. Her knee just buckled beneath her. It did not look good and Vic was very distraught at half time. Wishing her the best.

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Chole Bibby of Mississippi state went down very early in the game against South Carolina tonight. Her knee just buckled beneath her. It did not look good and Vic was very distraught at half time. Wishing her the best.

Thanks, Coco, for the update. I tuned into that game in the 2nd half and was wondering where she was. When I scanned the bench and didn't see her, I was hoping she was ill.....never dawned on me that there could be an injury. Geesh...

Reaction Score
yikes..................sad news indeed...................it seems certain players can't get rid of the injury bug...........

BigBird

Et In Hoc Signo Vinces
Reaction Score
And didn’t the LaVols have an injury tonight? The player had to be helped to the locker room. I didn’t catch her name; it appeared to be serious.

Update:
“Along with the setback, Tennessee lost Meme Jackson after the senior guard tumbled to the court while driving to the basket during the third quarter. UT coach Holly Warlick said that Jackson suffered a left ankle injury and listed her status as day-to-day.”

Hoping Ms. Jackson recovers quickly.

Last edited:

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
I haven't come across anything "official"...but there was a mention on the NC State message board that junior forward Erika Cassell, who went down with a knee injury in the FSU game last Thursday, is done for the season.

So add Cassell to the walking wounded group for NC State, which also incudes Kaila Ealey, Grace Hunter and Armani Hawkins.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
I haven't come across anything "official"...but there was a mention on the NC State message board that junior forward Erika Cassell, who went down with a knee injury in the FSU game last Thursday, is done for the season.

So add Cassell to the walking wounded group for NC State, which also incudes Kaila Ealey, Grace Hunter and Armani Hawkins.

Wow! Gotta be kidding me. I heard Andy Landers mention something about another injured N.C. State player but thought he misspoke. Guess not.

Plebe

Reaction Score

Really heartbreaking. :(

Dillon77

Reaction Score
Mik Vaughn, ND's back-up 6'3" post player, left Sunday's ND-FSU game with what was suspected to be a concussion. That was confirmed by beat reporter South Bend Tribune writer Anthony Anderson in his pre-ND vs BC game write-up.

"Sophomore center Mikayla Vaughn will not make the trip, according to McGraw, after suffering a concussion during Sunday’s 97-70 win over Florida State.

"Vaughn remains out indefinitely but is “doing better than expected,” (ND Coach Muffet) McGraw said." Let's hope so: Ms. Vaughn had the ACL injury last year. Good luck, Mik!

Last edited:

Dillon77

Reaction Score
ND has a new strength and conditioning coach, Mike Szemborski, who talked about a myriad of things with Anthony Anderson, the South Bend Tribune's beat writer. Not surprisingly, the subject of ACL's came up and he didn't shy away from the subject. (Note: he was not in this position last year...).

'One particular injury that Notre Dame experienced at a stunning and disheartening rate from March to December 2017 was torn anterior cruciate ligaments, with four players suffering that season-ending fate to their knees.

“Oh yeah,” Szemborski said of whether specific things can be done to reduce ACL injuries. “We as a Notre Dame sport performance department have really tried to look at every angle, like what are some of the red flags that could pop up through our injury screenings or their medical histories, or how much sleep they’re getting, how stressed are they from school, what are their nutrition habits?

“We look holistically at our athletes,” Szemborski continued. “What could lead to an injury? What led to an injury? Also, what does the recovery process look like? Are we taking enough time to really get them strong enough before returning them to play?

“We’re never going to eliminate injuries from sports,” he emphasized, “but we feel very confident as a performance unit at Notre Dame that we are not leaving any stone unturned in terms of trying to figure out how we can find ways to reduce them.”

Here's the whole article: ND women see alot of strength and conditioning coach Michael Szemborski

Reaction Score
ND has a new strength and conditioning coach, Mike Szemborski, who talked about a myriad of things with Anthony Anderson, the South Bend Tribune's beat writer. Not surprisingly, the subject of ACL's came up and he didn't shy away from the subject. (Note: he was not in this position last year...).

'One particular injury that Notre Dame experienced at a stunning and disheartening rate from March to December 2017 was torn anterior cruciate ligaments, with four players suffering that season-ending fate to their knees.

“Oh yeah,” Szemborski said of whether specific things can be done to reduce ACL injuries. “We as a Notre Dame sport performance department have really tried to look at every angle, like what are some of the red flags that could pop up through our injury screenings or their medical histories, or how much sleep they’re getting, how stressed are they from school, what are their nutrition habits?

“We look holistically at our athletes,” Szemborski continued. “What could lead to an injury? What led to an injury? Also, what does the recovery process look like? Are we taking enough time to really get them strong enough before returning them to play?

“We’re never going to eliminate injuries from sports,” he emphasized, “but we feel very confident as a performance unit at Notre Dame that we are not leaving any stone unturned in terms of trying to figure out how we can find ways to reduce them.”

Here's the whole article: ND women see alot of strength and conditioning coach Michael Szemborski

according to my kid's doctors at the Hospital for Special Surgery, the female knee has some design flaws that lead to the classic ACL injuries we have been seeing........................strengthening the muscles around the knee, learning proper running and jumping techniques and stretching are all helpful but there is no way to eliminate this problem at the present time............

Plebe

Reaction Score

Thanks for passing this along. I was watching that game when the injury occurred, and though I didn't see exactly what happened to Davenport, her screams of pain did not bode well for the prognosis. Always heartbreaking to see a senior's season cut short by injury.

Plebe

Reaction Score
I went back and watched the play, and I was very surprised the she was able to put any weight on her knee at all after the way it buckled. This kid has a ton of talent, and was a major reason for Mizzou's upset win over Mississippi State.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom