OT: - The Future of FOX and The Big East | Page 5 | The Boneyard

OT: The Future of FOX and The Big East

Reaction Score
You clearly have no idea of what you are talking about. Between 1999 and 2013 when it ceased to exist, Big East teams won National championships in 1999, 2003, 2004, 2011 and 2013. But in addition they had Final Four Teams in 2007, 2009 (2), 2010, 2012 and 2013 (2). Plus 6 more Final Four teams. But the glory years were behind it in the mid-90s. Yikes! Yes UConn was the dominant team. But hardly the only national power.
All true facts. But the Big12 or Big10 don’t want our football program. And that’s where the sustainable big money is at. I only wish that if the ACC collapses, perhaps UConn, Syracuse, Pitt and a few decent current ACC programs and a couple of eastern schools join a realigned ACC or form a new conference. But the league would need some blue blood and storied schools.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
The same 10-12 posters have to interject every Big East thread with their miserable "UConn sucks and is going to fail" posts. It is exhausting to be a UConn fan despite the fact that the basketball team is pursuing back to back championships, because there is a loud contingent of posters that would rather we were all miserable.

Spoiler alert: We all get that UConn is not in a great spot right now in conference realignment. How freaking stupid does someone have to be to think that every poster on this board hasn't already figured that out? Some of us may have different estimates of the probabilities of various outcomes, but we all know. That said, the rest of us just have enough self-control not to spray our misery all over the board like some elderly cat with dementia.

We heard the Debbie Downers the first 50 times when they said that UConn will get no money from Fox and will be on public access streaming or whatever they predicted will happen. We don't need to hear prediction #51 if it is going to be the same as the ones before it. Go start a thread on the Realignment Board if you want to talk about how UConn athletics is going to sink into the ground, dragging the school with it, and every UConn fan will die of a bleeding butthole. I would rather not read about it on the basketball board.

Reaction Score
The same 10-12 posters have to interject every Big East thread with their miserable "UConn sucks and is going to fail" posts. It is exhausting to be a UConn fan despite the fact that the basketball team is pursuing back to back championships, because there is a loud contingent of posters that would rather we were all miserable.

Spoiler alert: We all get that UConn is not in a great spot right now in conference realignment. How freaking stupid does someone have to be to think that every poster on this board hasn't already figured that out? Some of us may have different estimates of the probabilities of various outcomes, but we all know. That said, the rest of us just have enough self-control not to spray our misery all over the board like some elderly cat with dementia.

We heard the Debbie Downers the first 50 times when they said that UConn will get no money from Fox and will be on public access streaming or whatever they predicted will happen. We don't need to hear prediction #51 if it is going to be the same as the ones before it. Go start a thread on the Realignment Board if you want to talk about how UConn athletics is going to sink into the ground, dragging the school with it, and every UConn fan will die of a bleeding butthole. I would rather not read about it on the basketball board.
You could almost view UConn as in its glory days right now. We were never a player in FB so we really haven’t lost anything there. But what about BBall? Have we ever been better? Fingers crossed, knocking on wood, but this last year 1/2 has been amazing. Who would want to trade places with SU or BC or Pitt right now? Mediocre in everything, nothing to cheer about, nothing to be proud of? Personally, when you are this accomplished in a given area, then don’t change a thing. Just enjoy it. Be thankful, this may never come again. Like the OP says, there is nothing to be miserable about.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
reading this thread rules so much
Dance Dancing GIF by Soul Train
Well, given that Cincinnati is 5-7 in conference, I'm sure you're grateful for any distraction you can get.

Nbc Laugh GIF by The Voice

Reaction Score
The Big East is most likely going back to ESPN and will absorb the ACC leftovers and resume a football division. The ACC is going to be extinct in a few years. It will lose members to the B1G, SEC and B12. The rest will join the Big East.

Reaction Score
No shart. We had another short stretch of dominance when we added teams from other conferences. And the Big East won National Championships in 2016, 2018, and 2023 when you were talking about how badly the Big East and UConn suck before you disappeared again after UConn won it all. As I said the Big East and ACC win most of the championships.

Do you honestly think you know more about the Big East and UConn basketball than I do? You aren't even a fan of either. You're posting verbal diarrhea in other threads about how good BC basketball is.

UConn is dominant right now, you aren't supposed to be here.
So I get this straight, Mr Big East Expert, the current Big East is the Big East, but the original Big East when it expanded was not the Big East because it added schools who were not original. :rolleyes:

LOL, Mr. Big East. I said BC basketball WAS good from roughly the mid-60s through early 2000s. They had a string of excellent coaches. Maybe you’ve heard of some of them. Bob Cousy, Chuck Daly, Tom Davis, Gary Williams, Jim O’Brien. Skinner was solid. Not great but better than the chuckleheads they’ve had since. Since firing Skinner they have been very bad to just not good. Bad fit in the ACC I think but also they have made a decision that basketball isn’t important to them. Schools sometimes do that. We’ve made that decision on all our sports except basketball. BC won a couple of original Big East Tournaments, won or shared the regular season title a few times, and made trips to the Elite 8 in 1982 and 94 (I think, might have been 1995). So yeah, Mr Big East Expert, they were pretty good.

Reaction Score
As much as we collectively dislike the jerks in Bristol I have given up on FOX. They don’t promote the conference, or UConn. Even today their app had an alert saying UConn coach Bobby Hurley …..

I’ll gladly go back to ESPN

Reaction Score
So I get this straight, Mr Big East Expert, the current Big East is the Big East, but the original Big East when it expanded was not the Big East because it added schools who were not original. :rolleyes:

LOL, Mr. Big East. I said BC basketball WAS good from roughly the mid-60s through early 2000s. They had a string of excellent coaches. Maybe you’ve heard of some of them. Bob Cousy, Chuck Daly, Tom Davis, Gary Williams, Jim O’Brien. Skinner was solid. Not great but better than the chuckleheads they’ve had since. Since firing Skinner they have been very bad to just not good. Bad fit in the ACC I think but also they have made a decision that basketball isn’t important to them. Schools sometimes do that. We’ve made that decision on all our sports except basketball. BC won a couple of original Big East Tournaments, won or shared the regular season title a few times, and made trips to the Elite 8 in 1982 and 94 (I think, might have been 1995). So yeah, Mr Big East Expert, they were pretty good.
Mikey DiMauro keep going, this is awesome!

UConn Dan

Not HuskyFanDan; I lurk & I like
Reaction Score
Ratings for Saturday’s games. I don’t know enough about what’s a good rating these days but 1 mil viewers seems good. Though I imagine if this game was on ESPN (#1 vs # 4 teams) it would’ve been higher?
IMG_5656.jpeg

Reaction Score
Ratings for Saturday’s games. I don’t know enough about what’s a good rating these days but 1 mil viewers seems good. Though I imagine if this game was on ESPN (#1 vs # 4 teams) it would’ve been higher?
View attachment 96737
It’s good… but I thought it would more..I think the game being a blowout hurt the ratings

Reaction Score
For context, the highest rating Big East game ever is 3 million, which was Creighton - DePaul last year as a lead in to football.

The highest non-football lead in was 1.4 million.

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Same could have been said for the B12.

The Big 12 had a pro-rata clause in their contract - and networks in their corner which is why they’ve managed to add eight new schools recently.

The Big East has an expiring contract, no football and no leverage.

So no, you could not have said the same about the Big 12.

Reaction Score
The Big 12 had a pro-rata clause in their contract - and networks in their corner which is why they’ve managed to add eight new schools recently.

Big 12 had an expiring contract with their two biggest brands leaving. They didn't have much leverage either. Only reason they were able to get 8 new schools was because the PAC 12 constantly shot themselves in the foot.

Also the Big East also has a pro rata clause up to 12 schools.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score

UConn is not in one of the P4 leagues. There is not a single poster on this board that is not aware of that fact. You have no special insight on this topic that every other poster does not also have.

So are you ever going to give it a rest? No one on this board spends more time crapping on UConn than you do. Why are you even a UConn fan?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom