?The Downfall of Louisville? | Page 15 | The Boneyard

?The Downfall of Louisville?

Reaction Score
Jurich was having problems with the UL board of trustees already. That they had the votes to fire him is no surprise. That he gave them the ammunition by not watching Pitino is a bit of a surprise. My view is he thought he was too big to fire.

Reaction Score
Dan Wolken @DanWolken 14m 14 minutes ago
Swofford: “Not pleased with recent turn of events” at Louisville but doesn’t regret adding them to the ACC

Jody Demling‏ @jdemling 12m 12 minutes ago
Swofford says he and the league have no regrets adding Louisville to the ACC. He said it was "the right decision at the time."

Dan Wolken‏@DanWolken 3m 3 minutes ago
Swofford: “Anybody that’s been around me knows what I detest the most is when one of our schools has any type of significant NCAA problem."

Reaction Score
I think many of us suspected that it would not make a bit of difference to the ACC. I think the third statement above is the most hilarious of all! I still think they should put up a statue of honor to Mr. Jurich at Louisville. His efforts got them to the ACC.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
Dan Wolken @DanWolken 14m 14 minutes ago
Swofford: “Not pleased with recent turn of events” at Louisville but doesn’t regret adding them to the ACC

Jody Demling‏ @jdemling 12m 12 minutes ago
Swofford says he and the league have no regrets adding Louisville to the ACC. He said it was "the right decision at the time."

Dan Wolken‏@DanWolken 3m 3 minutes ago
Swofford: “Anybody that’s been around me knows what I detest the most is when one of our schools has any type of significant NCAA problem."

There is no point in saying anything unless they are prepared to move. I think there is a slim chance the ACC does anything, but the Louisville situation continues to get worse, not better.

Reaction Score
Saying “right decision AT THE TIME” is kind of saying you regret the decision, no?

I’ll always remember the quote given to Katz I believe by an unnamed ACC president who said shortly before the decision was made “in the end, academics will matter”.

I wonder if that President is still in a closet somewhere with duct tape over his mouth.

Maybe someone can hook Swofford up to Pitino’s lie detector test and ask him if he would pick UConn if he could do it all over again

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
brenda-holloway-youve-made-me-so-very-happy-tamla.jpg

Reaction Score
I am sorry but you can mock this guy all you want, but Louisville is P5 because of him.

Reaction Score
I am sorry but you can mock this guy all you want, but Louisville is P5 because of him.

Buddy, Buddy... We get it (ad nauseum), you’ve made your feelings well known every opportunity you’ve had. Yes, Louisville is in the ACC because of TJ. Send along the check for the TJ statute to the BOT.

It doesn’t mean his fall (or Pitino’s fall) from grace isn’t interesting to watch from afar. This CBB soap opera is just starting.

Ignore the thread if it bothers you so much...

Last edited:
Reaction Score
This man's demise is not something UConn fans should be bragging about, is all I'm saying. UConn was arrogant at that time and Warde and Suzie thought they were shoo ins. This guy stole their thunder. If he was at UConn at that time and UConn got in, we would be praising him still, as are some at Louisville.

nelsonmuntz

Point Center
Reaction Score
This man's demise is not something UConn fans should be bragging about, is all I'm saying. UConn was arrogant at that time and Warde and Suzie thought they were shoo ins. This guy stole their thunder. If he was at UConn at that time and UConn got in, we would be praising him still, as are some at Louisville.

How many times are you going to make the same post? You love Jurich. We get it.

Reaction Score
How many times are you going to make the same post? You love Jurich. We get it.
"Love" is a strong term. I admire hard workers who go after what they need and succeed.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
"Love" is a strong term. I admire hard workers who go after what they need and succeed.

Would you say the same thing about members of organized crime families?

Reaction Score
I’m lovin’ it kissing cuz

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom