The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread | Page 6 | The Boneyard

The "Discuss our seeding and path to the Final Four" Thread

Reaction Score
I’m hoping for Kansas to get upset. Give me Illinois or Arkansas
Illinois may have lost their PG. And Arkansas is very undisciplined and prone to scatterbrain play. Kansas is a shell of what it was last year. Not as deep or potent.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I’m hoping for Kansas to get upset. Give me Illinois or Arkansas
They did. They got the top 4 seed, the top 3 seed and a very tough 2 seed (they couldn’t get UT). Also didn’t get placed in KC. Kind of wild. Had Houston lost earlier than today I don’t think that happens.

@Hey Adrien! happy to chime in if you do your usual scouting report on KU. Don’t know if anybody else here has watched them 12+ times. Team has evolved quite a bit.

Reaction Score
4:30 tip off.

1678668510838.png

Reaction Score
We've got the dinner "hammer" window on Friday. Will be the only game going from 6:00pm or so until the game ends.

Reaction Score
We need 2004 vibes where we win by 10-20 but we need Hurley to pull out that one close game like Emeka and Duke before we put on an exhibition in the final.

Reaction Score
I’m pumped. I certainly would have preferred to get a #3 seed, but we lost twice to Xavier. If there’s one thing 2014 taught us, we can be underseeded and still win games. There are no dominant teams this year. We can beat anyone in the country, including Kansas, UCLA and Gonzaga. Let’s go!!! God bless UConn and god bless the United States of America for protecting the depositors of Silicon Valley Bank.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Our region is unfortunately well represented here. Vegas likes us as much or more than every 3 seed and one 2 seed.

2654B6E6-E539-4D09-8365-A09AEAA0D6A6.jpeg

Hunt for 7

Built Hurley Strong
Reaction Score
So the only experts that did not have us as a e seed was the selection committee. Now we know why Joey Brackets changed us from a 3 seed to a 4 seed late/early Sunday morning. He got a heads up. So once again clear NCAA bias towards UConn. However if it goes chalk through the first two rounds Kansas is beatable but the injury to MCullers is big.

Reaction Score
Marquette is a much better bet than UConn by the odds (and the bracket path).

Reaction Score
Anyone notice they managed to schedule all 5 Big East teams for the Friday/Sunday brackets?

Reaction Score
We can beat any team in the country- If we are playing our best ball. It's not a terrible position to be in and its been a while since we have been able to say that- bring em on- lets knock em down.

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Beat Iona then St Mary’s in AJs home town then Kansas mighty Kansas! Who do we play after them?

Reaction Score
Interesting you say that because I have a hard time believing that they organically while combing through their objective criteria got Kentucky playing Providence. That just seems like too much of a coincidence.
I’m with you 100%. My point is the NCAA has all these (frankly dumb) supposedly objective bracket “principles” to try to make what they are doing seem objective — but then if you look at the output, it’s obvious that they are moving teams up and down all over the place because they feel like it, and not actually committed to an objective process.

“Storyline” matchups happen way more than can be explained by coincidence. And the Committee Chair usually says something truly bizarre about the process that gives the game away. (“Well, we just thought that Team A didn’t have a lot of daytime wins in arenas constructed prior to 1990…”). You know, the type of stuff that makes it clear they are reasoning backwards from preferred outcomes using whatever they can to justify it — and not just reasoning forward objectively from any set criteria to outcomes.

Reaction Score
Xavier with a #3 seed over us and neutering our home court advantage in the first round are pretty egregious.
Apparently every team except Alabama got screwed, according to their fans.

Reaction Score
Ranking all the teams in the NCAA Tournament. UConn #9 (from the guy who hates UConn ;)). Iona #52.

9. UConn
The Huskies are so intriguing. They rank top-10 in every mainstream predictive metric, and they've proven their ceiling is high by beating the likes of Alabama, Marquette, Iowa State and Creighton. They're 9-2 in their past 11 games. There's immediate urgency with this team because Dan Hurley is 0-2 in the NCAA Tournament at UConn. He'll get his first win in just a few days. Where to start with this roster? The Huskies have a first-round talent in sophomore shooting guard Jordan Hawkins. They've got a top-20 player in college hoops in center Adama Sanogo, and his backup, freshman Donovan Clingan, ranks already as one of the most promising bigs in the sport. Andre Jackson is an elite athlete -- his only issue is an inconsistent jump shot. If UConn plays defense aggressively and can get consistent play at point guard, it has Final Four potential. Watch Tristen Newton at the point. He has two triple-doubles, the only UConn player to ever do that in a single season.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom