The difference between this board and Cesspool? | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The difference between this board and Cesspool?

Reaction Score
I understand that there are times where this isnt much going on in Uconn basketball but do we need the amount of OT threads going on in the Uconn Men's Board? Can we keep the Mens bball board purely basketball and not threads on favorite lunch spots and what dentist do you use in the Hartford area? Seems like a better place for the cesspool board or another OT board.

If I'm totally alone in my feelings then that is fine, just wondering what others here think.

This is actually the perfect time to advocate not posting to the cesspool...i.e. politics. If you want to avoid Carl, Shizz and Pal, keep the OT to the bb board. Much more rational over here.

August_West

Universal remote, put it down on docking station.
Reaction Score
@August_West I liked you post but want to be clear, it was the reference to the part about you being an idiot.

coming from someone who believes onion articles I take that has high praise.

So Thanks!!

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
If you find a book about pizza in the basketball section of the library, it's a problem. If you find a post about pizza on the basketball board, it's okay.

Why?

The Dewey Decimal System.

We do not have a Dewey Decimal System for message boards and as such, we must endure some amount of chaos. If Melvil Dewey hadn't gone ahead and died 150 years ago, he might have been able to fix things, but he's gone and that's that.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
If you find a book about pizza in the basketball section of the library, it's a problem. If you find a post about pizza on the basketball board, it's okay.

Why?

The Dewey Decimal System.

We do not have a Dewey Decimal System for message boards and as such, we must endure some amount of chaos. If Melvil Dewey hadn't gone ahead and died 150 years ago, he might have been able to fix things, but he's gone and that's that.
But how do we find the microfiche section?

Reaction Score
This thread is being taken over, b/c its premise was essentially promoting censorship. We, as Americans (and yes, I'm a decent chunk - maybe an arm, not a leg - Native) - don't want to be told how to think or act. BTW, if the founding fathers saw what they see now, you think they wouldn't revolt? - I went too far, but, point stands. Read or don't. That's it.

Reaction Score
A couple of random thoughts:

1. There has never been a time or a place or a circumstance that has compelled me to actively talk about food. I mean, it's duck*ing food. You eat it and you like it or you don't, and there's not much to it. I care less about your food preferences than I do your fantasy football team and that's saying a lot. Yeah @August_West this is personal.

2. To be serious for a second, there is probably room between shutting down the OT topics completely and cutting back on, I don't know, to pick a completely hypothetical example, threads about unclogging your ears. True story: I had some problems with clogged ears about a month ago and I never, even for a fraction of a second, thought about posting it to the boneyard. I'm not saying this makes me a better person than @superjohn but it might.

Curiouser
Reaction Score
Mission accomplished, champs.

Personally, I cannot imagine a world in which I didn't enjoy food.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom