OT: - The Coronavirus thread (merged thread) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

OT: The Coronavirus thread (merged thread)

Which items you can not buy right now

• Mask

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Toilet Paper/ Face Tissue

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Can Foods

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Hand Sanitizer

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • Rice/ Flour/ Instant Noodle

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Eggs

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Milk/ Cheese

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Meats/ Frozen foods

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bread/ Cookie/ Potato Chip

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Others (Please specify)

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Bleach. Large containers cannot be found.

I saw loads of bleach at my Lowes last week. Maybe call there?

The most frustrating thing I can’t find is yeast. I bake a lot in the summers when I’m out of school, and was hoping to make a few different breads while I’m stuck at home. No dice.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

The most frustrating thing I can’t find is yeast. I bake a lot in the summers when I’m out of school, and was hoping to make a few different breads while I’m stuck at home. No dice.
My wife is also a wonderful baker. We spent a week searching for flour at several supermarkets. Finally, we found one last bag of flour on the bottom shelf, partially hidden in the back. It felt like we just hit the lottery.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
We have been baking our own bread for several years. We're down to 1/2 bag of bread flour and no yeast.

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
We have been baking our own bread for several years. We're down to 1/2 bag of bread flour and no yeast.
Try ordering online from Walmart or Target. Some convenience stores or CVS stores have groceries,too

Reaction Score
A player my daughter coached, had 8 of her family members test positive. 2 are in the hospital. The player is being tested now. Although my daughter hasn’t been around her for about 3 weeks, I old her to call the doc and see if she should get tested. Her answer.... eh we’ll see.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Try ordering online from Walmart or Target. Some convenience stores or CVS stores have groceries,too
I just did a quick check on line and Walmart has no bread flour listed and a search for yeast returned several hits for Monistat7. I've checked Amazon - same results. Fortunately, bread shelves at local supermarkets are stocked though I'm not a fan of most of what they offer and I miss the smell of baking bread.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Went to the Walmart neighborhood grocery store to pick up the essentials.... bread, milk, cherry-vanilla coke.... happy to see there was plenty of water.... milk, eggs, bleach, bread.... but no paper products at all.... soap was in limited supply..... didnt even bother to look for rubbing alcohol.

Well remember.... your favorite (?) duke fan in the triad is also a big fan of bread and other baked goods :);):rolleyes::cool::p:D

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
Well remember.... your favorite (?) duke fan in the triad is also a big fan of bread and other baked goods :);):rolleyes::cool::p:D

If I get stir crazy enough, the baked goods fairy may make a trip through the state. Most of my friends live in Winston-Salem or between Salisbury and Albemarle — I could add a stop. I’ll keep you posted.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
before-lockdown-vs-after-lockdown-corona-virus-meme.jpg

sad but true :(

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
COVID-19 PATIENTS CAN CARRY CORONAVIRUS AFTER SYMPTOMS HAVE RESOLVED AND COULD INFECT OTHERS, SAY SCIENTISTS -

The researchers studied 16 COVID-19 patients from China who had experienced mild symptoms. They were released from the Treatment Center of PLA General Hospital in Beijing between January 28 and February 9, having tested negative for the new coronavirus at least twice. Half of the participants had the virus in their systems after their symptoms had gone.

Carnac

Reaction Score
14 Diseases You Can Prevent Just by Washing Your Hands -

Why is handwashing so important?
Put simply, your hands are dirty. As they come into contact with various people, animals, foods, and surfaces, they pick up thousands of germs, bacteria, viruses and other assorted nastiness that can make you sick if they enter your body.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
14 Diseases You Can Prevent Just by Washing Your Hands -

Why is handwashing so important?
Put simply, your hands are dirty. As they come into contact with various people, animals, foods, and surfaces, they pick up thousands of germs, bacteria, viruses and other assorted nastiness that can make you sick if they enter your body.

I find it stunning, and a little scary, that this really needs to be explained to anyone. Then again since it is at best like 50/50 that people wash they hands leaving the men's room, maybe not all that surprising.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Staples is a good source for Tyler Phommachanh (and paper towels), can purchase online and has a store pick up option

Just scored a 20 pack. :)

They have taken it off line but in store, they had quite a few left. I guess people do not associate Staples with Tyler Phommachanh. I suppose it might surprise they are open but I guess they may be classified as essential providing support to all the home based workers using tech.

Reaction Score
Just scored a 20 pack. :)

They have taken it off line but in store, they had quite a few left. I guess people do not associate Staples with Tyler Phommachanh. I suppose it might surprise they are open but I guess they may be classified as essential providing support to all the home based workers using tech.
Took your advice and went to nearest Staples when they opened today. No luck, but on the way home I stopped by a Safeway for some other stuff, and BINGO!
1585616630901.png

I felt like I had won the lottery!

Reaction Score
Covid 19 needs a theme song. I suggest something from the Police.

On my social media, I’m doing a countdown of social distancing songs and that was my first one! I’m now on day 15, soon to be 16. Ugh!

Reaction Score
I'm happy to report that my local grocery store has produce again! And the long opening hour queue is gone too. So good to be a (new) normal American again and shop at a store where only Tyler Phommachanh, paper towels, and hand sanitizer are nowhere to be found.

Carnac

Reaction Score
Here are disinfectants for use against the coronavirus -
Cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs.
Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.

Reaction Score
For those trying to convince Hope or anyone else who thinks this isn't serious or is no worse than the flu to change their view, don't bother. My grandmother told me a long time ago, "you can't argue with stupid." Unfortunately, those people put the rest of the population at risk...
Those young people are true stupid, sad just speechless ....

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NewErA

Top Bottom