OT: - The Coronavirus thread (merged thread) | Page 9 | The Boneyard

OT: The Coronavirus thread (merged thread)

Which items you can not buy right now

• Mask

Votes: 32 41.6%
  • Toilet Paper/ Face Tissue

Votes: 45 58.4%
  • Can Foods

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Hand Sanitizer

Votes: 53 68.8%
  • Rice/ Flour/ Instant Noodle

Votes: 7 9.1%
  • Eggs

Votes: 4 5.2%
  • Milk/ Cheese

Votes: 2 2.6%
  • Meats/ Frozen foods

Votes: 6 7.8%
  • Bread/ Cookie/ Potato Chip

Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Others (Please specify)

Votes: 8 10.4%

• Total voters

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The Johns Hopkins site has now added data on number of tests preformed by state in the US - currently at 2.8M which represents about 0.9% of the population. With 556,000 positive tests that works out to be about 1 in 5 test administered. But the numbers of positive results/number of tests by state varies greatly from around 1 in 2 to under 1 in 10.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
What is so annoying is that they have shut down all golf courses in NYS. If you can't practice social distancing in 400+ acres than you can't do it anywhere.
Here in Nevada the golf courses were also closed. The main reason was because they were not social distancing, i.e. 2 people to a cart.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Golf courses are closed here in NY. A few days ago during Gov Cuomo’s daily briefing, a reporter who plays golf, asked the Gov if it would be OK to take a few clubs and walk the course to get some exercise. The Gov smiled and said I have to think about that. Then he said, if anyone asks you what you’re doing, tell them you’re hiking.....

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Here in Nevada the golf courses were also closed. The main reason was because they were not social distancing, i.e. 2 people to a cart.
Courses are closed in Maryland by order of the governor. I live down the street from a country club. They effectively closed, so no carts, about a week before the order. So people were walking the course, being very good about distancing. Now there's hazard tape across all the possible entrances, and nobody on the course.

Seems silly to me. The governor could order no carts. Sometimes I think the powers that be don't ever take mental health into consideration.

Reaction Score
So the CDC comes up with regulations for golf courses. 1 person per cart, no ball washers, no rakes in the bunkers and putting pool noodles at the bottom of the flag stick so the ball doesn't go to the bottom of the cup. All these things that all golf courses were following and ...wham, politicians know better

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
So the CDC comes up with regulations for golf courses. 1 person per cart, no ball washers, no rakes in the bunkers and putting pool noodles at the bottom of the flag stick so the ball doesn't go to the bottom of the cup. All these things that all golf courses were following and ...wham, politicians know better
I have a friend who lives near Hilton Head. Those are the practices at his local course. Because of the limited number of carts and time required for cleaning them, a player is allowed a cart only every second day. Sounds reasonable to me.

Reaction Score
I walk the course almost exclusively (played around 225 rounds last year) . Nothing better than taking the time to walk and think about the next shot as you approach your ball. It equates to a few miles per round and in a typical season I'll loose about 25 pounds.

I just put up a golf hitting cage in the yard and I can go out and pound balls as much as I want. Not the same but better than nothing

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Here is a brief clip from inside the cockpit of the Air Force Thunderbirds Las Vegas flyover on Saturday.

They were six across and only 3 feet between each other wing to wing.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Here is a brief clip from inside the cockpit of the Air Force Thunderbirds Las Vegas flyover on Saturday.

Doesn’t social distancing require them to be 6 feet apart?

(I kid)

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score

Other than the possibility of blowing chow, I would absolutely love to catch a ride with one of the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Other than the possibility of blowing chow, I would absolutely love to catch a ride with one of the Thunderbirds or Blue Angels.
I know what you mean, while I was in Turkey supporting the Kurdish relief, I was able to fly onto I believe it was the USS George Washington. The landing almost made you want to relieve yourself and the catapult launching made your insides feel like they were going to come out of both of your orifices.:eek:

Reaction Score
Some pics of masks/coverings that people are using to protect themselves from Covid-19…

3.jpg

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SeaDr

Top Bottom