The Civil Conflict! | Page 2 | The Boneyard

The Civil Conflict!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
I just realized that there were nine more slots on that trophy and threw up in mouth a little.

My favorite post from the original thread:
Nobody honestly thinks UConn and Temple are rivals and if we play them for a thousand years, we will not develop a rivalry with UCF.

You can't create these things from thin air.

Apparently, you can create these things from thin air. Who knew?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who isn't really bothered by this? As long as Diaco paid for it out of pocket and didn't waste AD money, who gives a what he does?

If you're upset about this, you probably think that those bucket hats caused the team go to 2-10 last year.
No, Diaco caused the team to go 2-10 last year.

Reaction Score
The even sadder part of this joke is that this officially confirms that we are stuck in this conference for a long time...I never thought of giving up on this whole thing but why set something like this up if we aren't going to be doing it in 5 years...pathetic attempt at a rivalry game and I like Diaco. Ugggggh!

Reaction Score
Schools create these gimmick things a lot. BC and Clemson created a trophy for its game. Its called the Leather Helmet. BC and ND created the Ireland Trophy. Difference is that the booster clubs from both schools sponsored the trophies, not the head coaches. What is the reaction of the UCF fan base?

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Is Diaco so crazy that he doesn't realize what kind of hellacious beating UCF is going to put on us over this?

That trophy is going to be under water somewhere in Orlando next year - we'll never see it again.

Reaction Score
You can bet your Azzi Fudd I will not be crowing about this trophy around here. Bama, Auburn, GA, FL, TN all have significant alumni representation in Bham. I can see it now. Lunch in the grill after a round of golf in early September, they are talking Iron Bowl, Cocktail Party, Third Saturday in October and I just jump right in with this. You would probably hear the laughing as far away as Storrs.

Reaction Score
I saw it on Twitter before I saw it here.

I said oh USF - they have played some crazy games... I don't feel like looking but since 1999 they have probably played USF more often than anyone.

Then I clicked on the link and saw UCF and was instantly confused.

That would make more sense. The "Voodoo 5" trophy!

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I am seriously considering just writing off the football program from this point forward. Diaco may be Schiano Jr.

Reaction Score
I am seriously considering just writing off the football program from this point forward. Diaco may be Schiano Jr.

Are you implying that all UConn needs to do to get in the B1G is replace HCBD?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Maybe we need to workshop some real rivalry games whether they are scheduled or not, then pass the hat for a boneyard endorsed trophy.

The first nomination is...
Rival: BC
Trophy: a golden Tri-corner hat
Game Moniker: Battle of New England
Fun Fact: We'd hold it forever as their too chicken to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taliekluv32

Top Bottom